Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Apologies in advance: Selling Collection

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

HomerJ

HomerJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Sorry, I wasn't sure where to put this, feel free to scold and redirect as necessary.

The last person in my group who plays WHI has moved away, and as a result I have no one to play with. As a result, I'm looking to move my collection. I have a complete set (3x Core and enough cycles/expansions to have 3x of each card) up through (but not including) Cataclysm.

Anyone interested here? Where could/should I post this?

Skelton

Skelton

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2082 posts
Send me a PM with the price. I may know a few guys who could be interested in getting into the game.

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts
I just started collecting this... so would be interested in some cards assuming they are in near mint condition.

HomerJ

HomerJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Thanks to everyone who have responded. To answer most of the questions:

1) I would only be interested in selling everything as a lot, not pieces.
2) The cards are in mint/near-mint condition. Some of the standards have been played with, but most of the time they've been sleeved, and a majority of the cards have never seen a deck at all.
3) In addition to the cards, I also have quite a few promos, including the 'card-sized' capitals and a handful of WHI playmats from the hobby leagues I've participated in over the years.

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts
as a single lot? heh... let me know if you ever find a buyer
  • HomerJ likes this

HomerJ

HomerJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Well crap. I had a buyer who had to back out last second (Hope everything end up ok!). So now I'm still sitting on the collection.
Anyone have ideas? At this point, they'll collect dust until the end of days . . . .

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts
I'll ask in our game group tuesday and see if anyone's interested (not all of them visit cardgamedb). Can you PM me what sort of price you're looking for before then?

haelog1

haelog1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Just sent you a message.
  • HomerJ likes this

HomerJ

HomerJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Just testing the waters again. Still looking to move this collection. It's packed and ready to ship.

Contains:
3x Core sets
All chapter packs, and in in some cases 3 copies because of the old distribution model.
All expansions until recent releases (no Cataclysm, no Hidden Kingdoms).
A variety of promos and tokens from events and hobby nights
5 different playmats
2 of the printed storage boxes.

I've checked, and the shipping at 'media rate' is about $30 in the US.

TheLolcano

TheLolcano

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
PM me with a price, Invasion is starting to grow at my lgs so I could probably find a buyer for you if its reasonable.

LesterCrow

LesterCrow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Interested
  • HomerJ likes this

HomerJ

HomerJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
PMd

Shelosmith

Shelosmith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello,

Thinking about jumping into the game (despite the news) and would be interested in your collection if it is still available. Let me know if it is with the price you are looking for and if you'll ship to Canada. Thanks in advance.
  • Honest likes this

HomerJ

HomerJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Looks like there's still a fair amount of activity out here. Anyone interested in a nearly complete collection, including promos, playmays, boxes and other goodies?

WasteMaLife

WasteMaLife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
I am!!
  • HomerJ likes this

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts

I just started collecting this... so would be interested in some cards assuming they are in near mint condition.

I was interested last time you posted but you never got back to me!!! As time has pasted I picked up a number of packs.. but would still be interested in anything I haven't got. I only have the box expansions and 1 cycle.
  • HomerJ likes this

HomerJ

HomerJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Everyone should PM me if you're interested. Here's the list:

The collection includes (had to buy 3x of the early sets before the model changed to 20x3 in packs and 20x55 in expansion)
3x Core
3x Assault on Ulthuan
March of the Damned
Legends
Corruption Cycle (3x6 packs)
Enemy Cycle (6 packs)
Morrslieb Cycle (6 packs)
Capital Cycle (6 packs)
Bloodquest Cycle (6 packs)
Eternal Cycle (6 packs)

In all, everything retailed for almost $1000, but I have no real idea what it's worth now. In addition, I have 5 different promotional Warhammer playmats and a pile of promos, tokens (including those cool red-plastic ones with the laser etching and the 'burning' orange tokens), and promo storage boxes.

@Tragic: I have to apologize, I don't remember leaving you hanging.

HomerJ

HomerJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

NECRO'D!

Just finished a move, and my Invasion collection is sad that it's headed to a storage bin . . . .

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts

I'm still interested in this.. as I was the last few times you posted :)

I'll PM you this time hehe

• HomerJ likes this