Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

OCTGN Card Files

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Saej

Saej

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
I've been playing this game since it was first released. About 50% has been solo, 40% has been two player with my wife (who is a total geek and plays board/card/video games, lucky me!), and about 10% with 3-4 players in my gaming group.

I recently started a job where I will be sitting in a room for 11 hours a day with often nothing to do. I will be able to have my laptop there, with internet, and there is absolutely no problem with playing games all day. I am wondering how to get the LOTR card images for OCTGN. I currently use OCTGN for Star Wars LCG so I am familiar with the program. Does anyone have a link to where I can download the files?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

P.S. Let me know if you play on OCTGN as I will have a bunch of spare time to game.

TrueLolzor

TrueLolzor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
http://octgn.gamersj...g/installation/

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts
So is there a way for one person to have two hands? i saw that can put two decks but is there way to have 2 hands so can play two decks solo?

ShadowClipse

ShadowClipse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

So is there a way for one person to have two hands? i saw that can put two decks but is there way to have 2 hands so can play two decks solo?

Yes, I have figured out a way to do this:
  • Start a new game and choose the "Host on my Computer" option.
  • Open a second instance of OCTGN.
    • You will get a warning saying "Another instance of OCTGN is currently running, do you want to close it?"
    • SAY NO. You are purposely trying to run two instances.
  • In the second instance of OCTGN Choose "Join Offline Game". It will auto populate with local host.
  • Click Connect and choose a different nickname for the 2nd dummy player.
  • You will now have your main player hand and your second dummy player hand.
The only hassle here is that you have to switch back and forth between two different OCTGN windows. But it allows you to play two different hands in a solo game. Just remember that your main instance is the one where you would load and control the encounter and quest decks.

Let me know if this technique works for you like it does for me.
  • mnBroncos likes this

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

Yes, I have figured out a way to do this:

• Start a new game and choose the "Host on my Computer" option.
  • Open a second instance of OCTGN.
  • You will get a warning saying "Another instance of OCTGN is currently running, do you want to close it?"
  • SAY NO. You are purposely trying to run two instances.
  • In the second instance of OCTGN Choose "Join Offline Game". It will auto populate with local host.
  • Click Connect and choose a different nickname for the 2nd dummy player.
  • You will now have your main player hand and your second dummy player hand.
    The only hassle here is that you have to switch back and forth between two different OCTGN windows. But it allows you to play two different hands in a solo game. Just remember that your main instance is the one where you would load and control the encounter and quest decks.

Let me know if this technique works for you like it does for me.

THANK YOU (: just made this game going to be so much better (: only thing is realized i gotta make another account acount though or else logs me out on other one.
  • ShadowClipse likes this

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts
nevermind did it wrong first time figured it out (:

ShadowClipse

ShadowClipse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
No problem, glad you could figure it out and get it working. B)

Now make sure to pass it on to anyone else in the community who has the same question, since I don't visit these boards as often as I'd like.

I want everyone everyone benefit from this kind of solo play in OCTGN.

Enjoy!
  • mnBroncos likes this

Tiandes

Tiandes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
I tried this little trick and usually it crashes after playing for a while, don'T know why! I manage to only finish a couple of game

As for another account, you don't need to create another one since you are hosting it on your computer, just need to write down the port #

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts

In lackey you just load a 2nd deck and your good to go. Check the tutorial I made.
https://www.youtube....6dNNsxOQ#t=1722

No need for multi copy and tabbing between them, just click on a play and play, you can even add more dummy players and play 4 handed if you like.

Tiandes

Tiandes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
I tried Lackey, the 2 handed play is a lot easier.

But I got to admit that I prefer the UI on OCTGN then Lackey that I find too tedious. It's really up to one person taste.

By the way, great work on LoTR for Lackey Tragic!