Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Anyone like fun zombie survival card games?

- - - - - zombie card games kickstarter mayhex

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

mayhex

mayhex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
If so, please check out this Kickstarter which doesn't break the bank!

The game's called Mayhex! [Outbreak on KEMBALT-39]. It's is an original, fun, space station based zombie survival card game for two or more players (ages 13+). I'd be really grateful if you helped it reach its goal.

Mayhex! has a unique game mechanic - each card has a dice and a coin printed on it (to enable Dice or Coin Duels). It means you'll always have everything you need all in one pack and an end to remembering that you've forgotten your dice, just as you arrive at your destination.

The objective of the game is to be the first to gain 100 points, only then will you be able to cure the virus and make your escape. However, things are never quite that easy - especially when there are Crawlers loose in the cargo hold, Goblins stealing your equipment and Undead hunting in the passageways.(There's a handy demo video on the Kickstarter page which explains how to play in more detail.)

I hope you can take a look and like what you see. The Kickstarter address is... http://www.kickstart...s/mayhex-out... or use the quick link...

www.mayhex.com

which is easier to remember and is shorter to type!

Many thanks for having a look at this post and I hope you enjoy the game.

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts
Looked at the Kickstarter page, seems like a high-randomness "take that" sort of game. Each turn you draw a card and play a card. If it's worth points you play it on yourself. If it's negative points or a bad effect you play it on someone else. Repeat until someone hits 100 points.

No deck customization (everyone shares a common deck to draw from), and I honestly cannot see that there is much strategy in it. May appeal to people who like Munchkin, etc... ie - the fun is in the humor of zapping another player rather than the game itself.

mayhex

mayhex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I can see where you're coming from, however you do require some tactics to win - knowing which cards to play and when. You are correct, there's no deck customization, however it is a really fun game to play. It's a shame it's so hard to get that across in online videos.

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts
The link doesn't seam to work.. i get 404

Anyone like fun zombie survival card games?

Not even a little. The Zombie Apocalypse is the most over used theme in gaming, not just board gaming, but computers as well. I can not think of a theme that is done more often and 99% of the games suck so badly I felt like burning the components. Lovecraft theme is the only real contender vs zombies for a over used theme and maybe trading silk or w/e if you are talking euros. Still at least lovecraft themes are rich and varied, though most just put Cthulhu's face on it and be done/

Seriously though, I see zombie in the title or involved in any major way beyond "random monster among many" and I instantly switch off.

Deck builders and zombies... instant never buy for me

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: zombie, card games, kickstarter, mayhex