Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Remote Hideout

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Caal

Caal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Thanks for the heads up Patrick

Caal

Caal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Any news? And any confirmation that if you play a unit before playing Remote Hideout, you don't focus the next unit you play the turn Remote Hideout enters play?

PBrennan

PBrennan

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 874 posts
Nope, not yet. And the FFG guys are busy this week at Worlds, so patience might be required, grasshopper :-)

Caal

Caal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
*waiting*
*foot tapping*
Are we there yet?
:-)

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3924 posts

*waiting*
*foot tapping*
Are we there yet?
:-)

I can all but guarantee that playing a unit before remote hideout will be ruled to work. We'll probably have to wait for the next FAQ for any follow up on the 2 copies in play question.

PBrennan

PBrennan

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 874 posts
Yep, agreed that's a given.

ZackyMidnight

ZackyMidnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
If two RO were in play and they wanted the effect to be cumulative, wouldn't (shouldn't?) it be worded something like

"when the first unit you play enters play each turn, place 1 focus token on it"

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3924 posts

If two RO were in play and they wanted the effect to be cumulative, wouldn't (shouldn't?) it be worded something like

"when the first unit you play enters play each turn, place 1 focus token on it"

Yes, that would have been a nice, unambiguous wording. Unfortunately, that's not the wording but ruling via email has been that they are cumulative. I still think it's the wrong ruling, but at least we have word that it's being reconsidered.

ZackyMidnight

ZackyMidnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Yes, that would have been a nice, unambiguous wording. Unfortunately, that's not the wording but ruling via email has been that they are cumulative. I still think it's the wrong ruling, but at least we have word that it's being reconsidered.

yeah I know, it's just strange b/c the wording on the card REALLY doesn't seem like it would be cumulative to me. Oh well. I will unlikely ever play that card anyway.