Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Contents of the Draft Packs

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

Khudzlin

Khudzlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
CCG cards could be Common, Uncommon or Rare. There were also Fixed cards (like now) and Promotionals. In some starters, the House initial was added in front of the normal rarity (like TU or SC). The breakdown for each set was about 1/3 of each, though the breakdown in boosters was 1 Rare, 3 Uncommons and 7 Commons.
  • vszeus likes this

LordOWar

LordOWar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
I'm gonna take another shot at the math for the rarity (for OCTGN).

If we take the 240 card pool, and pick 80 cards each to be Common, UnCommon and Rare
Then a 50 Card Draft pack might consist of 30 Commons, 15 UnCommons and 5 Rares.

Now here's where I'm not so sure about my math.
Using the numbers above. If Valar Morghulis (Core) is a rare, and the draft pack I get on OCTGN has 5 rares in it, and there are 80 rares in the set. Then I have an approx 5 in 80 chance of getting Valar....and does that break down to a 1 in 16 chance of getting Valar (or any other specific rare) ???

James

James

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Now here's where I'm not so sure about my math.
Using the numbers above. If Valar Morghulis (Core) is a rare, and the draft pack I get on OCTGN has 5 rares in it, and there are 80 rares in the set. Then I have an approx 5 in 80 chance of getting Valar....and does that break down to a 1 in 16 chance of getting Valar (or any other specific rare) ???

Depending on the way things are set up this is not right. If we make the simplify assumption that each rare is independently selected from pool of rares independent (so it is possible to get more than one copy of each rare) the correct probability model we need is a Binomial model (Bin(5,1/80)). The probability of seeing at least one Valar Morghulis is 0.061 ( 1- (79/80)^5). Though this is a very minor difference from the value you calculated (0.625).

Hope this makes some sense.

It is also interesting to note, given the number of the packs we have seen all the cards not on the list by now are likely to be rares.
  • cockbongo likes this

Khudzlin

Khudzlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
It depends on whether packs are made whole or by 10-card groups (virtual "boosters").

Someone who was there and opened some packs told me he didn't find any duplicates in 10-card packs, but he did find some in complete draft packs. This suggests only "boosters" are ensured duplicate-free.

Khudzlin

Khudzlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
Wolfgang managed to get hold of some draft packs, so there was a LCG draft at Stahleck. I drafted 4 cards that are not yet in the list:

Ghost of High Heart (WLL)
He Calls It Thinking (PotS)
Tarle the Thrice-Drowned (RotO)
Westeros Bleeds (Core)

Also, Plunder, Dayne Spearman and Dornish Hermitage are in The Horn that Wakes. From the numbers, Harry the Riverlands should be in Forgotten Fellowship, while Lashing Out and Sansa Stark should be in A Hidden Agenda.
  • theCrow likes this

Raxar

Raxar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
I play a LCG draft at Stahleck. I drafted 3 cards that are not yet in the list:

Hear Me Roar (Core)
Rally Cry (TBG)
The Iron Throne (LotR)

cockbongo

cockbongo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 896 posts
I can confirm that The First Snow of Winter was in the pack I drafted last night.

EDIT: Also The Power of Blood.

James

James

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
So in the same draft as cockbongo we also saw:

A Game of Cyvasse (ACoS)
Alannys Greyjoy (ODG)
Army of the Faithful (Core)
Frozen Outpost (LoW)
Longship Iron Victory (KotS)
Lord Tyrion's Host (LotR)
Marya Seaworth (KotStorm)
No Quarter (TBC)
Randyl Tarly (KotS)

Khudzlin

Khudzlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1051 posts

Randyl Tarly (KotS)

So they haven't corrected his name? It's supposed to be "Randyll" with 2 L's (as seen in the CCG version and the most recent one).

Totalgit

Totalgit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

So they haven't corrected his name? It's supposed to be "Randyll" with 2 L's (as seen in the CCG version and the most recent one).

If they havent they should really do so. Print of demand draft packs are the perfect oportunity to reprint cards with updated errata etc and get them into peoples decks.

LordOWar

LordOWar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

I don't have a copy of Tarly from the draft packs so I don't know if they corrected it or not, but I decided to check which cards I do have from the draft packs that have an errata and see if they were reprinted with the updated text.

The following cards have been reprinted and fixed with their newest text.
At the Gates (GotC) now it reads "...search your deck for a neutral or in-house Maester character of
Doubting Septa (LotR) - she has the Septon trait now

The following cards have NOT been fixed, they were reprinted without an update
Killer of the Wounded (QoD) - limit 3 times a round
Hellholt Engineer (CbtC) - limit 3 times per round

I have not drafted the following cards so I cannot say if the errata was applied to the most recent printings from the draft packs.
Lannisport Brothel (Core) - should be Unique
Maester Cressen (Core) - title of card is missing the "t" in Maester"
Narrow Escape (KotStorm) - once per turn
Tarle the Thrice-Drowned (RotO) - should be "3 or more power"

Darksbane

Darksbane

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3594 posts
Apologies to LordOWar but I needed to remove the BBCode formatting and card links from the first two posts to see if that has been contributing to the issues on the forums the past few days. If it isn't I will add it back in but I'm having to dig pretty deep to figure out what the issue might be.

LordOWar

LordOWar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Darksbane - no worries, just let me know when you think you've figured it out.

Recently I was having problems when adding any cards from The Horn that Wakes using the Card Popup Link ...such as Coldhands (THtW) but that seems to be working now. However, whenever I attempt to edit my own posts I seem to randomly get one of two editors, one that displays all of the codes, and another that does not.

ScarletRebel

ScarletRebel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Now that the draft packs are out does anyone know any of the remaining 17 cards?

Bomb

Bomb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts
I haven't even had a chance to buy a pack yet...

LordOWar

LordOWar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Once stores get the draft packs in, I'd expect that there would need to be a draft event at that store before we start seeing replies on the remaining contents.

ScarletRebel

ScarletRebel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
I bought 4 packs literally minutes after the announcement but they have yet to arrive. USPS don't fail me now!

LordOWar

LordOWar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

I bought 4 packs literally minutes after the announcement but they have yet to arrive. USPS don't fail me now!

Fantasy Flight says the packs shouldn't be opened and used until an actual draft event. However the draft packs that were available at World's back in November had no seal and you could easily open a pack and look at the contents and nobody would ever know. So I'm not sure if the packs you bought are for a future event or just your own personal collection. If you're willing to update this thread with any of the missing cards (see post #1 of this thread) it would be appreciated.

ScarletRebel

ScarletRebel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Fantasy Flight says the packs shouldn't be opened and used until an actual draft event. However the draft packs that were available at World's back in November had no seal and you could easily open a pack and look at the contents and nobody would ever know. So I'm not sure if the packs you bought are for a future event or just your own personal collection. If you're willing to update this thread with any of the missing cards (see post #1 of this thread) it would be appreciated.

I just want to play some drafts with my friends. When an event come around I will buy a pack for the event. I will update the thread with any new information I get.

ScarletRebel

ScarletRebel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Just called FFG. They should, finally, start shipping next week.
  • widowmaker93, OKTarg and zoltan like this