Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Conquest & Defiance Spoilers Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
635 replies to this topic

scantrell24

scantrell24

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3041 posts
The forum caps the number of images allowed in a single post, so I've made a google doc to host the spoiled cards. Link here.

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts
Finally an actual amazing Danny that don't have to build a deck around, like the dragon one.

RobbyStark

RobbyStark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts
wow that's a scary daenerys. gonna need more northland keeps.

can catelyn trigger her ability on herself when she dies?

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1050 posts
Some of the partially hidden cards were fully spoiled in the FFG announcement, hidden behind links.
Harrenhal will be a game changer.

Doran is a disappointment and I can only see 2 lines of his text. I can see enough to know it relies on your opponent playing prized cards to trigger.. that's enough to put him in meadowlark territory for me. I suppose only time will tell if he's useful.

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1050 posts

can catelyn trigger her ability on herself when she dies?

No, she'll be moribund and won't be a legal target. She could target another copy of herself but that would attach as a dupe before going to the discard pile.
  • PulseGlazer likes this

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts
okay I hate to bring it up but from far away does what Cat is holding not look like a knife, but umm something else.
  • NuFenix, Darryl, Mulletcheese and 3 others like this

14Shirt

14Shirt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Hello, Dany with higher Str than printed cost. I'm so happy to see you.

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1050 posts

Hello, Dany with higher Str than printed cost. I'm so happy to see you.

That sounds like Robb stark 's chat up line.
That beard on tycho is ace, so is his ability (+1 gold or draw a card).

14Shirt

14Shirt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 970 posts

That sounds like Robb stark 's chat up line.

Totally.

Seriously, though, if they keep printing "str higher than printed cost" characters with prized X on them (2 shown above) . . . New Robb is going to be a big weapon.

Golladan

Golladan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
Speaking of.

I'm surprised they haven't announced the 2nd CP of the cycle yet.
  • kizerman86 likes this

Bomb

Bomb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

Doran is a disappointment and I can only see 2 lines of his text. I can see enough to know it relies on your opponent playing prized cards to trigger.. that's enough to put him in meadowlark territory for me. I suppose only time will tell if he's useful.

C'mon.
Meadowlark does virtually nothing.
Doran Martell will still be a 3 cost and 4 STR character with Stealth. Unless he has no icons(which I'm sure he'll have INT and POW), he will always be useful even if the opponent doesn't have prized cards. The decision point will be put to test because of his own Prized 2 keyword... but I am not entirely sure that would keep me from playing him unless my deck is already saturated with that keyword.
  • PulseGlazer likes this

Bomb

Bomb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts
These were the cards spoiled completely from the different links on the article announcing the new cycle. In the cluster images you might not be able to see most of the text etc of these cards, so here they are.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Arzoo

Arzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
Kind of looks like he has no intrigue... But that would be beyond ludicrous, nedlyness-wiseEffect better be crazy strong if it's requiring they play prized AND you hit it with intrigue. Especially when the other head of house we see is that super sweet Daenerys.I'm hoping for a crazy Ned Stark, too.

Bomb

Bomb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

Kind of looks like he has no intrigue... But that would be beyond ludicrous, nedlyness-wiseEffect better be crazy strong if it's requiring they play prized AND you hit it with intrigue. Especially when the other head of house we see is that super sweet Daenerys.I'm hoping for a crazy Ned Stark, too.

If you line up the second sentence on his card with Catelyn's second sentence, the card in front of him appears to be blocking the entire space where the INT icon would go. This is what their marketing department likes to do with spoiling cards. Just give you a taste, and only enough to make us speculate.

I agree though. With his ability, he really should have an INT icon otherwise he becomes multi-card dependent instead of just being possible to work by himself. And that wouldn't justify making himself Prized(unless more card effects care about that keyword).

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1050 posts

C'mon.
Meadowlark does virtually nothing.

Meadowlark is a powerful ability that does nothing if your opponent Isn't running a lot of a specific set of cards. It'll get much better when another challenge enhancement is announced.

DarkBlue

DarkBlue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
The problem I see with those powerful prized characters is, it is like christmas for burn decks.

"Oh, you played the Blackfish. I like you to introduce to Flame-kissed" *kashing*

It is like a damn powerprinting machine for a type of deck which only was balanced by the slow amount of power it could gather... Dark times are coming...

Doran Martell is a great character of this price. 3 for 4 stealth int/pow? Yes please. Problem is, he is prized with 2. So the ability needs to make up for this, but I don't quite see it. There must be a lot of prized-cards in the meta to trigger him even once...

Btw: Does the "prized" of the agenda add up with the "prized" already on a character? Like 2+1=3 power?

so long

Bomb

Bomb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

The problem I see with those powerful prized characters is, it is like christmas for burn decks.

"Oh, you played the Blackfish. I like you to introduce to Flame-kissed" *kashing*

It is like a damn powerprinting machine for a type of deck which only was balanced by the slow amount of power it could gather... Dark times are coming...

Btw: Does the "prized" of the agenda add up with the "prized" already on a character? Like 2+1=3 power?

so long

The new Harrenhal will help keep burn at bay. Maybe other prized cards?
I am thinking that some of the prized characters will need to be burned down quite a bit if they come out the gate with high STR.

I believe you are correct about stacking gained prized keywords. I look forward to the rules released and hope they explain that to us about this keyword.

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1050 posts
I think the idea is to only use a couple of prized cards in a deck, unless you have a combo that relies on giving your opponent power.

I'd expect coldhands to get restricted fast to prevent him abusing the prized keyword, it triggers when a character leaves play. Coldhands will temporarily remove one character per opponent, if you can return him to your hand you can repeatedly claim prized off multiple characters.

esternaefil

esternaefil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
So, Doran has to have a noble crest, and both int and pow icons. His response probably reads : "when a prized card is discarded from an opponents hand, claim power equal to the prized value on the card for your house."

How good would that be?

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

So, Doran has to have a noble crest, and both int and pow icons. His response probably reads : "when a prized card is discarded from an opponents hand, claim power equal to the prized value on the card for your house."

How good would that be?

that'd actually be a pretty good guess. But I wouldn't run it unless ALOT of prized cards come out....and i hope that isn't the case.