Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Conquest & Defiance Spoilers Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
635 replies to this topic

VonWibble

VonWibble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2996 posts
Arguably more so than HTTiT, as that agenda halves its options.

Its a powerful synergy with Fire Made Flesh for sure - give them the power to steal it back really quickly.

Also, Targ conquest Greyjoy - use the discard to kill prized Greyjoy cards to remove their biggest threats then mop up the power they just claimed for prized. Alliance to Greyjoy if you think conquest is too risky!

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1050 posts

Between edmures host, Blackwood elite and raventree elite tully are getting quite a formidable line up.

When they all attack without kneeling, thanks to the blackfish, it's a lot of str to worry about. 

Tully needed this new character.

widowmaker93

widowmaker93

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1418 posts

Tully needed this new character.

I think the rest of us will argue that Stark has a whole DID NOT need this character. Aren't they ridiculously good already!?

• tehkernel, VonWibble, theamazingmrg and 2 others like this

cockbongo

cockbongo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 896 posts

I think the rest of us will argue that Stark has a whole DID NOT need this character. Aren't they ridiculously good already!?

I agree 200% with this statement, so much so that a simple "like" will not suffice.

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1050 posts

Stark May not have needed this character but the tully subtheme did, non-unique Tully's with renown are needed to reduce their reliance on riverrun. Tully's were some of the lowest str stark characters, some high str tully armies are very welcome.

Arzoo

Arzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
It fills all the things Tully needed: renown to push for the win, high cost/str efficiency, and deadly while still promoting the major theme of stopping the opponents challenge being more critical than winning on the attack. For Stark in general? The renown is a bit much, but compared to Bastards Elite it's costlier and more painful if you lose military (god forbid you have this and the Bastard's elite together).

I also like that it combos great with the house attachment; stealth is this guys only weakness.

AronKazay

AronKazay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Like Targaryen and Stark needed a boost - shame they are the only houses I never played... the new Ser Balon Swann better be awesome. 

widowmaker93

widowmaker93

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1418 posts

It fills all the things Tully needed: renown to push for the win, high cost/str efficiency, and deadly while still promoting the major theme of stopping the opponents challenge being more critical than winning on the attack. For Stark in general? The renown is a bit much, but compared to Bastards Elite it's costlier and more painful if you lose military (god forbid you have this and the Bastard's elite together).

I also like that it combos great with the house attachment; stealth is this guys only weakness.

~If you're playing this new army AND The Bastard's Elite, have them both out at the same time, and you are STILL losing military challenges then you need to rethink whether you should to be playing Thrones as your game of choice. lol

• Bomb, agktmte, NorthMaester and 2 others like this

Reclusive

Reclusive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

And i'm just here, crying over Dorne Loyalist.

• VonWibble and Bambi like this

Bomb

Bomb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

Opponents are lucky if they beat you in a MIL challenge.  Therefore, you'd be unlucky to lose MIL challenges with this monster out.

I guess I'm in the minority when I say that I don't really find Blackwood Elite to be nearly as risky as others state.  If anything, it feels more like "MIL challenge" bait to get opponents to focus more on getting rid of it than executing their game plan.

• widowmaker93 and theamazingmrg like this

theamazingmrg

theamazingmrg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Looks like I'll have to dust off Terminal Schemes then...

Oh wait, Harrenhal's about.  Nevermind!

widowmaker93

widowmaker93

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1418 posts

Opponents are lucky if they beat you in a MIL challenge.  Therefore, you'd be unlucky to lose MIL challenges with this monster out.

I guess I'm in the minority when I say that I don't really find Blackwood Elite to be nearly as risky as others state.  If anything, it feels more like "MIL challenge" bait to get opponents to focus more on getting rid of it than executing their game plan.

The only other deck I would be worried about losing Military challenges to is Dothraki. They can vomit out massive STR like nobody's business. 

• Bomb likes this

Bomb

Bomb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

The only other deck I would be worried about losing Military challenges to is Dothraki. They can vomit out massive STR like nobody's business. 

Absolutely.  What would Stark normally do against another MIL heavy deck?  Just try to out muscle them?

LordOWar

LordOWar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

The two new prized 1 characters that negate the strength of characters with more than one icon in a military challenge are possibly something to fear. Raider from Orkwood and Riverlands hunter.

Arzoo

Arzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
Also kneel. And eating a Viper's Rage is an issue when you have such high strength, or icon removal in general.

I don't understand why people act like Stark can't lose military due to the powerful characters. When winning a single military challenge against you pays such massive dividends it's an enormous problem. They only need a single phase to completely overturn the balance of the game, and most decks can manage at least one good play. Cersei's scheme might kneel enough to push through. Melisandre's favor or other Bara one-phase wonders could be enough.

I consider the Bastard's Elite's weakness to be very managable, but this is an even bigger investment in risk, though the payout (renown deadly 6str Tully!) is right.

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1050 posts

If anything, it feels more like "MIL challenge" bait

If your playing siege plus winterfell then you would gain 5 power if your opponent attacked you and lost (including renown) so sometimes bait is needed.