Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Call of Cthulhu OCTGN Module

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts
It was spoiled on FFG's site when they announced the reprint. Maybe Darksbane can also update the db.

Posted ImagePosted Image
EDIT: Added in the updated Alaskan Sledge Dog, too, while I'm at it.

darksir23

darksir23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
Ok, soon as I can get into the site, I'll post a link for a fixed Forgotten Lore image file, as well as an updated Secrets of Arkham with card errata.

Kwakkie

Kwakkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Got it working and almost figured out completely. One thing remains: how do you draw a new story card after winning one and moving it to the won story pile?

darksir23

darksir23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Got it working and almost figured out completely. One thing remains: how do you draw a new story card after winning one and moving it to the won story pile?

If you turn on Damage/Scoring automations, it will do this for you. Otherwise, go to the Global tab, and right-click the story deck, and select Replenish Story Cards
  • Kwakkie likes this

darksir23

darksir23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
We now have a channel on a mumble server for players, if you like being able to talk while driving each other insane, and whatnot.

mumble://mumble.dbzer0.com:63836/OCTGN%20Players%20Lobby/Call%20of%20Cthulhu?title=%5BGR%5D%20MAZA%20Mumble%20Server&version=1.2.0
  • Danigral likes this

wildefox

wildefox

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

A few people have asked me about importing decks into OCTGN from online deckbuilders. While cardgamedb.com's Call of Cthulhu deckbuilder has an "Export to OCTGN" function, it does not actually create valid OCTGN decks. Though I've made several attempts to contact the Powers That Be over at cardgamedb.com , I've not yet had any luck. With luck, I'll hear back from them, and be able to help them get a working export format.

I've heard that the Powers That Be have been extremely busy as of late with a number of issues, and I'm sure that if we just give them a little slack they will address the issue as soon as it's feasible.

darksir23

darksir23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

I've heard that the Powers That Be have been extremely busy as of late with a number of issues, and I'm sure that if we just give them a little slack they will address the issue as soon as it's feasible.

I know, I wasn't implying that they weren't bothering. I just wanted to make sure that CoC players have a way of dealing with decks, in the meantime.

arkhaminmate

arkhaminmate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
Ok. Couple small problems to report.

1) When you take a card out of resource (this is what was happening before and just worked it out), with a triggered effect and put it into play / hand then every time you drain that Domain that card jumps back into it, so there needs to be a way of taking the 'Resource label' off the card.

2) Not so much an issue, but when you Resource Conspiracies they don't go sideways in some cases and hide beneath the Domain card, but you can still see the number on top so all good.

EDIT: Just had a game where trying to resource and getting this:

----Python Error----
Traceback (most recent call last):
TypeError: Value cannot be null.
playResource(Card(65813))

----End Error----

darksir23

darksir23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
Yeah, I haven't found a fix for the conspiracy cards thing, but I know what to do about the resources. Thanks.

Arocle

Arocle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
Also a bug we noticed that when you use the "arrow" to advance turn phases, it also reports that on the text feed as a turn change.

Not a bug but for me a big usability thingy has been the ticker <-> story/conspiracy discrepancy especially when playing as the 2nd player when everything is mirrored. Some tagging on the story slots or way to manage actual success tokens would be awesome.

darksir23

darksir23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Also a bug we noticed that when you use the "arrow" to advance turn phases, it also reports that on the text feed as a turn change.

Not a bug but for me a big usability thingy has been the ticker <-> story/conspiracy discrepancy especially when playing as the 2nd player when everything is mirrored. Some tagging on the story slots or way to manage actual success tokens would be awesome.

I'll see if anything can be done about the arrow. I don't use it at all, and I think it might be hardcoded into OCTGN to trigger the next turn.

Regarding the tagging of the story slots, I haven't forgotten. I just have to dig out a different PC so I have access to a decent image editor.

darksir23

darksir23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
2.1.0.33 is out, with several minor bug fixes, several changes to the card context menus, and some story designations on the board.
  • Danigral likes this

darksir23

darksir23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
2.1.1.1 has released.
  • arkhaminmate likes this

arkhaminmate

arkhaminmate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
Update on OCTGN testing:

Is there a way of cancelling/removing the resource count during the resource phase? At the moment it seems that you can only resource 3 per turn before it tells you you have reached your limit. It can be worked around for now by jumping back to refresh phase and cycling back through to resource phase, but just having an open ended resource amount for the next version release would be much easier as it effects cards like 'The Festival' and 'Feed Her Young' etc.

Cheers and keep up the good work.

WasteMaLife

WasteMaLife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
also on resourcing... I can not get extra domains to work right. (Eldritch Nexus)

arkhaminmate

arkhaminmate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
There should be an option to 'add domain', but yes, the extra resource falls into the above category. For now you just need to skip back to 'Refresh Phase' and cycle back through to 'Resource Phase' and it should work ok (or at least it has been the times I've used it). I'm sure it will be addressed in the next update.

Good to see you giving it a go, and as much as I prefer Lackey, OCTGN has the bonus of having an actual 'employee' working on the CoC plug-in, and this support I feel is invaluable as the game progresses. Lackey at the moment does not have Denizens of the Underworld and I have no idea when / if this will be rectified as I've not seen PlasticXO in some time and Tragic is away on holidays for another month or 2. Yes, OCTGN is still experiencing some teething problems, but it has improved radically in the last few months now it has an official 'designer'. Once a platform I would never use, the 'strength' of its user base swayed me to give it a try and now I'll happily play on both it or Lackey. I've also not once encountered a disconnect in the few score games I've played to date.

What's your username so I can keep an eye out for you?

WasteMaLife

WasteMaLife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
Look I am not some kind of stubborn **** face that will cut his nose off to spite of it all.

Of course I'll try it and like you when I look for a game I try both.. but that doesn't change my opinion that the Lackey plugin is a zillion times better for all the massive list of reasons I've already given, nor dose it change the fact that I think it is the height of stupidity to spend so much time on a application that on top of all the usability deficiencies, only a percentage of the user base can even use. When there is one that EVERYONE can use. All it dose is split the player base, a player base we need to consolidate.

My user name is WasteMaLife

arkhaminmate

arkhaminmate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
This is all true and I'm hearing you and totally agree. I wish we had someone that would look after the Lackey Plug-in as diligently as Darksir23, and my opinion would be much different if this was so. Unfortunately it's not the case, and I personally have no idea how to do it, nor the 'copyright' to start messing with someone else's plug-in. I've had someone hack a version that re-included the Success and Domain markers as I asked for months to have this happen and it didn't, but like I said I can't / won't change the official Plug-in. Perhaps I'll try and get one of the guys to show me how to update new sets and hopefully hand it over, but it's going to take a much higher volume of online players for me to spend the time and effort doing so (and I think that's the problem so far and I don't blame them. Why update a plug-in that no-one uses).

I've logged on perhaps 10 - 15 times a day over the course of around 18hrs per day, almost every day for the last 18 months, and I'm lucky to get 1 or 2 games in a week (on Lackey). Often I get none.

darksir23

darksir23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Update on OCTGN testing:

Is there a way of cancelling/removing the resource count during the resource phase? At the moment it seems that you can only resource 3 per turn before it tells you you have reached your limit. It can be worked around for now by jumping back to refresh phase and cycling back through to resource phase, but just having an open ended resource amount for the next version release would be much easier as it effects cards like 'The Festival' and 'Feed Her Young' etc.

Cheers and keep up the good work.

I can allow it, in non-automated mode, to have it give you a prompt if you want to override the resource thing, I think. Would that be workable?

arkhaminmate

arkhaminmate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
Sure. As long as it saves jumping around the phases its all good.

Another slight bug is if you pull a Resource out of the Domains using the handy little option you created, and then put that Resource back into Domains, it seems to do some funky things like popping itself on TOP of the Domain and I think I noticed it jumping Domains once to its original one that you used the Remove option from. Might be worth checking out.

Thanks as usual !!