Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Have: Game of Thrones Want: Money, Netrunner, or Star Wars

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

scantrell24

scantrell24

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3041 posts
I'm selling / trading my card from Houses Baratheon, Stark, Martell and Targaryen, plus some netural cards. I've bought every Thrones deluxe expansion and chapter pack. I also have a few promos, playmats, and a stone House card. Links to ebay are in my signature.

If you're looking to get into Thrones this is any easy way to catchup - just buy all the cards from 1 or 2 houses and you can build competitive decks immediately. I'd like to sell each House for $175, but that might be negotiable. I'm also interested in Netrunner and Star Wars cards if you'd rather trade than buy. Thanks, and please ask questions if you're at all interested.

Tomdidiot

Tomdidiot

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 310 posts
$1 for all your Stark cards. You pay shipping to the UK.

dcdennis

dcdennis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
fyi you are probably asking for WAY to much. Unfortunately thrones cards just dont hold alot of value. I was attempting to sell my entire collection last year (4x cores - 3x every dBox - 2x+ every CP, and nearly EVERY CARD SLEEVED AND BINDERED) and the best offer I got was $350. Thus, why i didnt sell it.

boothby

boothby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
I can't imagine splitting them up like that being appealing to many new players coming into the game. At least for me, I wanted a diverse collection to start with that would be fairly simple to build on, but that would also allow me to experiment with different play and deck styles. Having only certain cards from every single cp makes it really difficult for me to expand my collection without duping a lot of cards, which in the end is just not as efficient as starting with a smaller core collection and gradually buying the cps I need to build the decks I like.

Just my 2 cents, so take it for what it's worth. Best of luck with the sell.

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts
yea at that price they can get the house cards from teamcoveant for about that house and i'd much rather spend that much new then used..

scantrell24

scantrell24

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3041 posts

yea at that price they can get the house cards from teamcoveant for about that house and i'd much rather spend that much new then used..

It looks like all of the Targaryen House Packs on Team Covenant total $210, and that's without anything from the Core.

Also my cards are essentially new. They've been sleeved or in binders.

Anyways, $175 is just my asking price. Counteroffers are perfectly fine.

scantrell24

scantrell24

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3041 posts

I can't imagine splitting them up like that being appealing to many new players coming into the game. At least for me, I wanted a diverse collection to start with that would be fairly simple to build on, but that would also allow me to experiment with different play and deck styles. Having only certain cards from every single cp makes it really difficult for me to expand my collection without duping a lot of cards, which in the end is just not as efficient as starting with a smaller core collection and gradually buying the cps I need to build the decks I like.

Just my 2 cents, so take it for what it's worth. Best of luck with the sell.

The fact that Team Covenant offers House packs means at least a few people are interested in buying for only one or two Houses.

Reclusive

Reclusive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
Edit & bump

boothby

boothby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

The fact that Team Covenant offers House packs means at least a few people are interested in buying for only one or two Houses.

True, but "at least a few" is a tough target demographic to sell to. I'm definitely interested to see how selling goes for you - all I'm saying is that my hunch is that it will be tough selling them like this.

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts
Just for reference, I'm kind of interested but I don't know that I'd want to spend too much. Just to illustrate the sort of user that might be interested here's my situation:

I currently collect Call of Cthulhu and Netrunner, just started L5R, and am anxious to try out 40K: Conquest and Doomtown: Reloaded when these come out and will likely collect at least one of them. I play once a week in sort of a general card game group, we play all the LCGs plus L5R (the choice to start L5R was made prior to the announcements of Conquest and Doomtown). I don't normally play Thrones but I do own a Core and boxes for Baratheon and Greyjoy. However, we have one member of the group who is a huge Thrones fan and it's his main game. I like to be accommodating and it's a good game, so I play with him from time to time but I borrow decks from him to use. It would be nice to be able to build my own, even if just for 1-2 factions, and play decks that I fully know and which he won't be able to predict as much. But, I never plan to collect the game - I've got enough on my plate already.

One thing I've never quite understood about the Team Covenant faction packs was how to handle the Neutral cards. You can't all have them, and some of them are potentially required in various builds for multiple factions.

So anyway, that's one example use case. If I did go for something like this I'd probably pick Baratheon or Targaryen but for the limited amount of use I'd get out of the cards I couldn't justify $175.

scantrell24

scantrell24

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3041 posts

Just for reference, I'm kind of interested but I don't know that I'd want to spend too much. Just to illustrate the sort of user that might be interested here's my situation:

I currently collect Call of Cthulhu and Netrunner, just started L5R, and am anxious to try out 40K: Conquest and Doomtown: Reloaded when these come out and will likely collect at least one of them. I play once a week in sort of a general card game group, we play all the LCGs plus L5R (the choice to start L5R was made prior to the announcements of Conquest and Doomtown). I don't normally play Thrones but I do own a Core and boxes for Baratheon and Greyjoy. However, we have one member of the group who is a huge Thrones fan and it's his main game. I like to be accommodating and it's a good game, so I play with him from time to time but I borrow decks from him to use. It would be nice to be able to build my own, even if just for 1-2 factions, and play decks that I fully know and which he won't be able to predict as much. But, I never plan to collect the game - I've got enough on my plate already.

One thing I've never quite understood about the Team Covenant faction packs was how to handle the Neutral cards. You can't all have them, and some of them are potentially required in various builds for multiple factions.

So anyway, that's one example use case. If I did go for something like this I'd probably pick Baratheon or Targaryen but for the limited amount of use I'd get out of the cards I couldn't justify $175.

Good to know. I'm willing to include some some neutral cards that are commonly played out of each respective House. Links to ebay auctions are in my signature. Offers outside of ebay are fine as well.

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts
I've added a watch on your two auctions to see what happens with them.

JackCade

JackCade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
You're taking offers on the ebay stuff outside of ebay? If so, PM pm please. Interested in the swag auction.

dominion

dominion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
wow the price on ebay is high!

It has just crossed what I thought was a very generous offer from me. I guess someone must really want those stuff!

scantrell24

scantrell24

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3041 posts
The promo/playmat lot is at $93. There's a bid on my Targ cards for $115. Bara is still available.

Skelton

Skelton

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2082 posts
I have a full set of everything NR that I would like to get rid of. PM me and see if we can work something out.