Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

World Championship Weekend

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

MotoBuzzsawMF

MotoBuzzsawMF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts
I noticed that 40K was not on their as a championship game. Is there a possibility that this game wont be out by then? FFG said Q3.

Color me worried.

RedSquadronK

RedSquadronK

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
Yeah, I was also a little unsure with this lack of an announcement. Maybe they aren't sure and will add it later if/when it releases on time? It seems like it would be very surprising for it to not be out by then...

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts
Perhaps the announcement was created prior to the announcement of Conquest and they didnt update the information to account for the game? Didn't Netrunner come out at Gen Con 2012 and they did a world championship for it that year?

MotoBuzzsawMF

MotoBuzzsawMF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts
A local store called their FFG rep and they said that Conquest will not get a world championship but will have a seperate tournament and event for it.

Thelovebus

Thelovebus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
They Probably won't have enough product out for ffg championships.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts
I'm surprised they won't be. Figured it would be the same as ANR back when it released.

Ironswimsuit

Ironswimsuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts
Oh well, I guess we can play Diskwars, and Star Wars.

shipwreck

shipwreck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
That's interesting, Buzzsaw, good on you for putting in the leg work with your shop. I guess they want to showcase it at GenCon and then let some packs come out before putting it on the big list?
  • MotoBuzzsawMF and fourhorsemen like this

Magni

Magni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
It will probably drop @ gencon - if you look at the ticket price it went from 25-40 you might be buying a conquest core set with your worlds ticket.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

It will probably drop @ gencon - if you look at the ticket price it went from 25-40 you might be buying a conquest core set with your worlds ticket.

Worlds ticket changed or GenCon ticket ?

Magni

Magni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
The price of the worlds tickets went from 25 to 40. No idea about gencon.

Magni

Magni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
Additionally i know the year SW LCG dropped everyone got a core set @ worlds.

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts
Netrunner launched at Gencon, but Star Wars launched closer to Christmas time. So, at Worlds everyone already HAD their Netrunner Cores, but not Star Wars.

If they're giving away 40K Cores at Worlds, that seems like it would imply that 40K will not be for sale at Gencon, it would only be for demos.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts
I doubt 40K will be given away at Worlds. Too far away. SW made sense because of its release and longer than average development due to the redesign.

Magni

Magni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
well then maybe they are just pissed we all sold our net runner promos for 100$+ and are jacking up the price :-)

Pipes

Pipes

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 156 posts
If Conquest is out by Gencon it doesn't really make sense for FFG to not have a world championship for it.
  • Magni likes this

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

If Conquest is out by Gencon it doesn't really make sense for FFG to not have a world championship for it.

I agree. Hopefully they will at least have a tournament.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

I agree. Hopefully they will at least have a tournament.

BuzzsawMF did say further up that his local stores FFG rep said it would have events just not a worlds champ at Worlds weekend.

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

BuzzsawMF did say further up that his local stores FFG rep said it would have events just not a worlds champ at Worlds weekend.

Hopefully it doesnt conflict with X Wing or Star Wars.

kamacausey

kamacausey

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
I'd count on it conflicting. It never fails.