Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New FAQ

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts
http://www.fantasyfl...ort/CoC-FAQ.pdf

Migration and MotM added, as well as a lot of stuff from the Cthulhu/MU deck. This looks harder for the Yithian mill to pull off.
  • Kwakkie and Farquhar like this

Whizzwang

Whizzwang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
Yeah, Yith deck got reigned in - still viable but a lot less abusive. - Rats / Magah bird no longer banned. Birds get an errata to fetch to hand. Rats are still awesome
  • Danigral likes this

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

Yeah, Yith deck got reigned in - still viable but a lot less abusive. - Rats / Magah bird no longer banned. Birds get an errata to fetch to hand. Rats are still awesome

Wow, that didn't register with me at first. Thanks for pointing it out! Also, Negotium and Descendant are off the RL... :-/

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts
:/ wish yith got hit more... i do like the other changes historian and master belong on there.

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts
at least yith can't win that fast now... so i guess happy i just really don't like that character that removes success.

Zephyr

Zephyr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts
Birds on restricted are still effectively banned IMO. Maybe they'll get them off the list if errated version proves to be not a problem.
Nice to see strong MU cards on restricted. Finally nerds are strong enough to restrict them.
MoM also long awaited. Might be too much effectively banning him, maybe he'll go off the list... idk, im quite torn on this card.
Temple of R’lyeh and Ravager... unexpected, but sounds legit for me. I really think it should be Dreamlands fanatic instead...

Negotium removed from restricted should be a good counterbalance for all powerful cheap characters.
Why is Eibon off the list I really can't comprehend... maybe its a mistake? Or assumption of "everyone should have eibon in deck, and still have a restricted slot for something he likes". idk
  • HomerJ likes this

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts
oh my gosh didn't even notice the lose of negotium!!!! my shub deck just became bonkers!

GrahamM

GrahamM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
lol its a pity there's no such card as "ravager of the deep." Negotium off the restricted list is huge.

shazzner

shazzner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Awww Temple of Ryleh AND Khopesh are on the list now*, how annoying.

Also time to mix my MU deck up a bit, not that it was really dependent on Alternative Historian, it felt like an 'auto-include' more than anything

*(as in together, not that khopesh is a new card on the list)

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts
On another note, the previous ruling regarding Snow Graves and Naomi O'Bannion (that a tactic couldn't be triggered because it had to be able to leave the discard to be triggered), is now reversed. You can now trigger Naomi and keep the tactic in the discard.
  • HappyDD and HomerJ like this

Whizzwang

Whizzwang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

On another note, the previous ruling regarding Snow Graves and Naomi O'Bannion (that a tactic couldn't be triggered because it had to be able to leave the discard to be triggered), is now reversed. You can now trigger Naomi and keep the tactic in the discard.

good catch. sadly means graves is now ******* useless against Yith

Kwakkie

Kwakkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
2 decks to adjust. But it all makes sense to me, except the descendant getting off the list. Very likely to replace the master in one of my decks. :rolleyes:

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts
Negotium is going to be huge now that it's unrestricted. It will slow down some of the "rush" strategies out of MU and now Syndicate, and may slow the game down enough to make AOs viable again, or other bigger creatures.
  • HomerJ likes this

BeldVanGuard

BeldVanGuard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
Little surprised about Temple of Ryleh, Ravager and Negotium. Nice to have rats, as a new player, I was sad I never got to use them, now is my chance!

Bird change is nice, but why the hell is it restricted still?

Have a little bit of deck tooling to do, but my primary deck and my new one i'm working on are unaffected, so huzzah heh

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts
i like that they seemed to have slowed the game down which i like it is more fun when can play big characters.

Jan

Jan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
I like that Shocking Transformation is off the list again.

Kwakkie

Kwakkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

I like that Shocking Transformation is off the list again.

? It's still on it. As it should be if you ask me.
  • Zephyr likes this

Jan

Jan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Yes, you are correct. I was fooled by alphabet. :|

Whizzwang

Whizzwang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
Restricted cards by faction - sheet 2 on this sheet. I'm just too good to you guys :P

https://docs.google....T0E&usp=sharing
  • Jan likes this

konx

konx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

http://www.fantasyfl...ort/CoC-FAQ.pdf

Migration and MotM added, as well as a lot of stuff from the Cthulhu/MU deck. This looks harder for the Yithian mill to pull off.

Does someone have an idea of why the Ravager is now in the restricted list???

thanks

Konx