Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lord of the Rings LCG for LackeyCCG (play it online with mates)

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts

UPDATE

Finally found what I think could be a replacement host for DropBox... GitHUB

I have uploaded the lackeyCCG Plugin to this server as well as incorporated some slight changes.

• ADDED : Cycle 04

• Voice of Isengard (Delux)

• The Ring Maker Cycle

• CHANGED : New Keybindings
• CHANGED : Removed the Truncated Button Names

Apart from that it is pretty much the same as it ever was.

KeyBoard Functions

You can set your own keyboard functions to anything you wish, by clicking PREFERENCES button and then clicking KEYBINDINGS. These are just what I use. Feel free to change ANY button but the F11!! and the F12.. if you change these you will break some of the scripting functions. Remember you can always update form the url at any time to reset everything to defaults.

Keybindings in Lackey are pervasive across the application, so if you use "t" for take control, then every time you type "t" in the chat window it will trigger the hotkey. So I am using CTRL+T and CTRL+SHIFT+T to turn On and Off tokens. There is a bug in LackeyCCG at the moment that makes windows systems beep if you use ALT+t.... so for now it is SHIFT+T.. but will go back to ALT once the bug is fixed. (It may not be the app has not been updated since 2009)

CRT+LEFT CLICK = Flip a Card
HOLD SHIFT + MOUSE OVER (Peak at the other side of the card without flipping it)

F1 = Refresh ALL
F2 = Draw Card

] = Next Phase (auto save each advanced phase)
[ = Last Phase
F4 = Advance Turn

F2 = Next Turn
F3 = Draw 1 Card to Hand

F4 = Draw Quest Card

F5 = Draw Encounter Card
F6 = Draw Shadow Card
F7 = Draw 2nd Encounter Card
F8 = Draw 2nd Shadow Card

F12 = Empty Hand - This moves the top card of your hand to the top of your draw deck. (do not change this keybinding!!)

CRTL+T = Take Control of Card

CTRL+R / CRT+SHIFT+R = Resource Token (Add / Remove)
CTRL+W / CRT+SHIFT+W = Wound Token (Add / Remove)
CTRL+P / CRT+SHIFT+P = Progress Token (Add / Remove)

CTRL+A / CRT+SHIFT+A = Orange Generic Token (Add / Remove)
CTRL+S / CRT+SHIFT+S = Red Generic Token (Add / Remove)
CTRL+D / CRT+SHIFT+D = Purple Generic Token (Add / Remove)

CTRL+Z / CRT+SHIFT+Z = Blue Generic Token (Add / Remove)
CTRL+X / CRT+SHIFT+X = Yellow Generic Token (Add / Remove)
CTRL+C / CRT+SHIFT+C = Green Generic Token (Add / Remove)

CTRL+ALT+1 = Toggle Draw Mode ON / OFF
CTRL+ALT+2 = Clear Drawn Markings

F10 = Roll 6 sided Dice
F9 = Flip Coin

F1 = Refresh (+Threat, Untap all and Draw 1 Card)
- / + =  Threat  Add / Remove
Ctrl + 1,3,5 = Peak  1, 3, 5 (Peak at the top 1, 3 or 5 cards of your own draw deck)
Ctrl+SHIFT+1,3,5 = Scry 1, 3, 5 (Scry the top 1, 3 or 5 cards form the top of the 1st encounter deck)

How to install?

• Install LackeyCCG - http://www.lackeyccg.../downloads.html
• Open the applicatio and click the button at the top (send from teh far right) called "PLUGIN"
• Copy this link to your clipboard - https://raw.githubus.../updatelist.txt
• Press the button in Lackey "Paste AutoUpdate URL".
• Then click "Install Update"

That is it! All done.

If the plugin says "errors in downloading"... just click the install button again. Sometimes Lackey fails to downlaod things for some reason. The links should all work.. so click it again and you should be good.

• Once you installed the plugin.. on that same screen click "Browse installed Plugins to Load One"
• Select - LoTRLCG
• Click - Choose

have fun!!

NOTE

I do not really play this game much anymore. This plugin will probably not get another update.. unless I get help from another. The truth is that I have moved most of my play into TableTop Simulator. There is also OCTGN.

The big plus of LackeyCCG over OCTGN was that it was that it also had iOS support.

If you wish to help

If you wish to help with this plugin then PM me on this forum and speak up.. all I really need is someone to enter the data into the cardtext file, as I hate doing that. I can then produce all the cards needs and get the plugin updated on the server.

• Reager, Ohnomycoco and Forrestceany like this

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts
I have been PM'd on other sites and YouTube about this a lot, so I thought it best to copy this reply into the 3 posts I have on the various forums....

Q1 - How come there is no RIGHT CLICK on CARD/SEND TO TOP OF ENCOUNTER DISCARD option?
Q2 - Dose the RIGHT CLICK on DECK TAB/REVEAL TOP X CARDS work correctly? It seams wired.

Short Answer
Q1 - No. There is no RIGHT CLICK on CARD/SEND TO TOP OF ENCOUNTER DISCARD, yet.

Q2- No. The "reveal" functions do not work on the encounter deck. Do not use it. BUT it works 100% for the player decks, so use this for "Gandalf's Search" or "Mountains of Mirkwood" or "Gildor Inglorion" or any card that scrys the PLAYER DECK. Eventually you will be able to use this function on the encounter deck but as yet it is NOT possible.

Long Answer
LackeyCCG is a constant work in progress, the addition of "shared zones" witch I am using for the encounter deck is relitivly new addition to lackey. So at this time there are some problems though they will be addressed eventually.

Q1 - The best way to handle the "encounter discard" is to open the encounter discard pile on the right hand column. Then simply drag the discarded encounter cards to it. Remeber there are game functions that key off the discard decks ORDER. So it is important to drag to the correct place, this means the VERY TOP of the discard pile. This can be irksome as well due to the fact the it is very easy to drag to the wrong place as the position slider on the far left can sometimes not be pushed always to the top, so while it looks like you are dragging to the correct position you are in fact dragging to somewhere in the middle of the deck. So if you use this method, you need to make sure you drag to the TOP of the column, and also that the slider bar is hard pushed to the TOP.

Posted Image

The other method, is more safe, but can be a bit annoying, as the "drag" target is small especially on high resolution monitors. Still, this is the safest method, if you drag the card you wish to discard to either of the ENCOUNTER DISCARD tabs, it will always place the card on the top of the encounter deck in the correct place.

Posted Image

Q2 - The "RIGHT CLICK on DECK/REVEAL TOP X CARDS" function works 100% perfectly on the player decks.

At the moment though it dose NOT WORK on the encounter deck. Simply do not use it. Remember most card affects that allows you to scry the encounter deck, for example Hunt for Gollum quest effect or Denathor's ability are "private" effects due to the "no table talk" rule. The scry'n decisions are NOT group decisions.

So until the "RIGHT CLICK on DECK/REVEAL TOP X CARDS" function on the encounter deck can select individual players to only be able to see the cards, it is not usable and be legal to the rules of the game. For at the moment when using this function "everyone" can see the cards and there is no way to stop that.

On top of that, the popup window is unable to send cards to the correct discard pile, so that needs to be fixed as well, and I am sure it will be addressed when ever the LackeyCCG designer gets a chance. He is very busy and of course needs to consider many more games than just LoTRs when he is doing upgrades to LackeyCCG.

on the encounter deck is not working either. Witch is why in my game demo for HFG I scryed the encounter deck using the "drag" method. This is defiantly the most irksome bug in lackey for LoTR-LCG and needs to be addressed b4 I can claim this plugin is 100% conversion. Still this will be fixed in latter releases of LackeyCCG.

For now rule of thumb is SIMPLY DO NOT USE THIS FUNCTION ON THE ENCOUNTER DECK.

For an demo on how to scry the encounter deck.. click this link... for now this is the only way to do it legally according to the rules.

Using Denathor - http://www.youtube.c...UXpyMxjc#t=536s
HFG Quest Effect - http://www.youtube.c...UXpyMxjc#t=640s

I hope this helps!

Have fun
--Tragic

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts
Version 2.1.1 Is up!

Fixed: The Provided Hunt for Gollum Encounter deck to include the correct Encounter Cards

Fixed: Dunedain Mark now displays as a Attachment, instead of a Event

Change: Changed the naming conventions for all Encounter Cards, so that now grouping by "sphere" in the deck editor will place all encounter cards in the same block for easy readability.

Added : Added 6 new Custom Quests made by NinjaDorg. Check them out in this thread at BBG - http://boardgamegeek...r-lcg-scenarios

I think everything is working, let me know if you find any more bugs!

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts
Version 2.2 is up!

Change: audio volume for phases increased

Added : Conflict at the Carrock AP!!! Go punch those trolls!!!

I think everything is working, let me know if you find any more bugs!

------ -- ----- ---- ------ -- ----- ---- ------ -- ----- ---- ------ -- ----- ---- ------ -- ----- ---- ------ -- ----- ---- ------ -- ----- ---- ------ -- ----- ---- ------ -- ----- ---- ------ -- ----- ---- ------ -- -----

Version 2.2.1

FIX: Seams I forgot to add Grimborn the Old to the set!! Opps! He is back in there now!

Please send me any bugs so I can fix! Thanks guy

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts
UPDATE - Version 2.3

ADDED: - A.Journey.to.Rhosgobel Adventure Pack

ADDED: - Custom Quest by John Davis - Sarn Gorwing

ADDED: - Key-Binding Control for NEXT TURN (F7 default)

CHANGED: - Resource Font Text to Yellow (easier to read)

CHANGED: - Renamed the Ninjadorg Custom Quests. (Please Delete the old ones, or you will have 2)

CHANGED: - A Ton of behind the Scene Stuff

FIXED: - The Custom Hero "Erestor" now displays the correct card. (thanks to Sylvicolus for pointing this out)

Ok well that is it.. hope you like it.. this is one of the hardest quest in the game so far, especially when you have the limited card pool that is currently available in lackey.. please try to refrain from punching your computer monitor!

Please let me know if there are any problems.

NOTE: - LackeyCCG is having some extensive work done it at the application level by Trevor. I have been playing with the beta and I am happy to tell you that the "Reveal X cards" on the encounter deck button is 98% working and will most lily be released by the next AP! As well as a number of other small bugs with the encounter deck, like the log not displaying "shuffle" when someone shuffles the deck. The new lackey is not out yet.. but will be soon.

NOTE 2: - All 4 Versions of the plugin will now show in the Plugin Install area. The versions just control resolution and they are MAX, HIGH, MEDIUM and LOW. One of the buttons is slightly cut off, this is the MAX version.. you can still click the button though. (this is on the 2 fix list and will be done soon)

Posted Image

--Tragic

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts
UPDATE - Version 2.4
  • ADDED: - The Hills of Emyn Muil
  • ADDED:- The Massing at Osgiliath
  • ADDED:- Custom Card Tokens
  • ADDED:- Custom Arrow Markers
  • FIXED:- Text Counters for Helper Card

So this is a big update. Including The Hills of Emyn Muil and The Massing at Osgiliath!! Also there have been some big changes a the application level of LackeyCCG from the developer as well....

Most notable is the inclusion of COUNTER IMAGES....

Posted Image

So you add counters just as b4, but now it will add the counters form the real game, 1st counter will look like the Witch King card, and as you add more counters text will appear on top of the counter like this. This should mean that no matter the card art, the counters should always be easy to read!

If for any reason your counters are to small and the text is not on top of them (due to scale and monitor issues) there is an option in the PREFERENCES under the APPEARANCE tab where you can set the scale of the counters from 20% to something higher.

Posted Image

Also for you solo players. You can now add as many players as you like to a solo game! Just right click on the TEST DUMMY player and select ADD SEAT and a new dummy will be added. This is great for deck testing if you are building a 2 or 3 player deck, or just want to play a 2 or 3 deck solo game.

Posted Image

Once you are playing, just select yourself in the list (the top one) and use these arrow keys to access the other decks!!

Posted Image

Also there is a TON of cool /commands for the chat window... so many I can not list them all but some really awesome ones are

/chooseplayer (select a player at random to go first)
/senddeck S (This will send you current deck to the other player neat way of sharing decks if your playing with randoms)

I'm pretty busy nowdays so my videos might be slow.. but I will be doing an updated tutorial that should be way more simple and short and easy to reference with how to use the plugin...

Anyway.. hope you guys like it.. let me know as always if there are any problems!!!

Have fun and Stay Safe
--Tragic
  • HilariousPete likes this

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts
UPDATE - Version 2.4.1
  • ADDED: - Hover Card Function (Right Click on Card to access it)
  • ADDED:- New Generic Counter for "reminders"
  • FIXED:- Card Image for Descendant and Gildor now display correctly
  • FIXED:- Wandering Took is back in the Leadership sphere
  • CHANGE:- Tweaked the resource icon counter image
== -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING

This update changed some fundamental organization of various things behind the scenes to do with function, this WILL effect your keybindings. So after this update, make sure you go into PREFRENCES/KEYBINDINGS and make sure everything is as you want it.

Posted Image

Another way to get your bindings fixed easily is to to go into your LackeyCCG directory and finding this file....

<LackeyCCG Directory>\plugins\LoTRlcg\pluginpreferences.txt

Then delete it. Now next time LackeyCCG loads it will use the default keybindings I set up for you.

== -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING

Ok, so what is becoming my regular 2nd update a day after the release of the main update due to all the errors people find it UP!!! Enjoy...

Big thanks to Bis2Fioute for pointing out that Descendant and Gildor card images were reversed.. so that is fixed...

Also Duke of Lizards (awesom-o name btw) asked:

"every time I play an attachment, it ends up covering up a hero. Then I select the hero, drag him around and put him back on top. This quickly becomes unwieldy with 4 or 5 attachments to order. Is there a faster way to handle this?"

And I responded:

um.. I'm not sure... I do not find it a problem in any way personally, in fact I like it like this as it is exactly how real cards work... Basically I just drag select the cards on the table and move them to the side and place the new card, then drag the stacks of stuff with the hero at the top and then place it again.

There used to be options in lackey to set it so that placing a card will always go to the bottom, but these options seam to be gone.

There is a option called HOVER I have not set up that I can add to the card functions that will make a card unselectable... but all cards will be placed on table go under it... this might be a option... I'll look into this for you.

So I looked into it and it worked pretty neat.. so I did it!!! WOOOT

So if you select a card and hit ALT+H (default binding) or right click on the card and select HOVER it will raise that card into the air, off the table. Now any card that is put on it, will go underneath. You can tap and add counters while it is hovering if you like so you can always have it hovering, or you can raise it up, then place your attachments then drop it on the table and it will land on top of everything.

Also, I added a new counter for "reminders" here are a 3 examples of how it is meant to be used.....

Posted Image

As you can see it is just a nice bright generic counter you can use to track modified stats, like in this example Gimli has 3 wounds, so he is now hitting for 5. So this counter is just to remind us of that. The Hunter card has a "4" on it.. cause there is 1 Clue token in play, witch gives him +2 attack / Defense... again just to remind us. And on the Quest card, I use this counter to denote victory points....

Anyway... this is about it I think!!

Please let me know if there are any more errors!!

Have Fun and Stay Safe
--Tragic

therebutgrace

therebutgrace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you so much for this awesome plug-in Tragic! You are greatly appreciated!

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts
Been away for a while.. sorry about the delay.. here are the 2 packs for last month and this month!

Please contact me though replying to this a thread or a PM or w/e to let me know if there are any errors.

Version 2.6 - The end of the Mirkwood Cycle

ADDED:- The Dead marshes
ADDED:- Return to Mirkwood

Keggy

Keggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
Has it really been 6 months since return to mirkwood? The time flew by.

Malkierian

Malkierian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Been away for a while.. sorry about the delay.. here are the 2 packs for last month and this month!

Please contact me though replying to this a thread or a PM or w/e to let me know if there are any errors.

Version 2.6 - The end of the Mirkwood Cycle

ADDED:- The Dead marshes
ADDED:- Return to Mirkwood

So my brother and I just started playing this in real life, and we are looking forward to being able to play this with each other when he goes back home (he was here for vacation), and we were wondering why you didn't have any 2nd cycle decks in, but I'm guessing you're just adding them in slowly, trying to catch up after having made the plugin?

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts

FFG is aware of LackeyCCG, Vassel, OCTGN and the others. I chose LackeyCCG as I prefer it. There rule of thumb is that any card released in these virtual table top environments must have been available in the real world for 6 months. This means that "A Hunt for Gollum" is now ready to be released as it is December, and I'll be adding a new AP each month as they get released.

DO NOT ASK ME FOR EARLY RELEASES OF CARDS I WILL NOT DO IT.

Malkierian

Malkierian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ah, I see. Sorry I missed that in the OT.

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts
As always, if you experience problems the fastest way to fix is to just delete the entire Plugin Dir and just download it again form the server ... just remember to backup your player decks.. so Del this dir!! (<lackeyccg root>\plugins\LoTRlcg\)

Version 3.0

ADDED:- Khazad-dum Big Box Expansion
ADDED - Feonix's custom scenario #4 - Raid on the River Carnen

FIXED - Song of Mocking is now in correct Tactics Sphere
FIXED - Counter Image Error some people were having
FIXED - Default Key Binding file is now working correctly

Please let me know if anything needs fixing!!

Hi guys!! Yes Khaz is a month early!! woot... but I will be busy so here it is now!! Have fun and go bash those orcs!!! This will be the last update for a while as there was a break in release over Christmas of LoTRlcg... The 1st Pack of Darrowdelf was released on March 2012... So this means I'll be releasing that pack in September.. so in 3 months!! Do not worry I plan to do some cool stuff on this still as in I will be adding lost of Custom Quests!

-----------------

Speaking of Custom Quests, the guy that did "The Barrowdowns" arguably one of the best quest for LoTRs including the official ones has made a new quest and I have added it to LackeyCCG.

Read all about it here!!

Again it is a fantastic quest and easy to print out.. in fact I might make a video on how to easily make a custom card pack wit hout a lot of pain. One of the cool things is this time he has made a entirly unique encounter deck (like Massing uses) so there is no problem with mixing encounter cards and them looking slightly different.

Anyway, that has been added to lackeyCCG anyway and i strongly suggest you check it out!

-----------------

Also I have fixed some problems with the default keybindings ... they should now be all working ...

CRT+LEFT CLICK = Flip a Card
HOLD SHIFT + MOUSE OVER (Peak at the other side of the card without flipping it)

F1 = Refresh ALL
F2 = Draw Card

F3 = Next Phase
F4 = Last Phase

F5 = Draw Encounter Card
F6 = Draw Shadow Card

F7 = New Turn

ALT+Q / CRT+Q = Resource Token (Add / Remove)
ALT+W / CRT+W = Wound Token (Add / Remove)
ALT+E / CRT+E = Quest Token (Add / Remove)

ALT+A / CRT+A = Helper Card Counter 1 (Add / Remove)
ALT+S / CRT+S = Helper Card Counter 2 (Add / Remove)
ALT+D / CRT+D = Helper Card Counter 3 (Add / Remove)

ALT+Z / CRT+Z = Purple Generic Token (Add / Remove)
ALT+X / CRT+X = Orange Generic Token (Add / Remove)
ALT+C / CRT+C = Yellow Generic Token (Add / Remove)

ALT+V = Toggle Draw Mode ON / OFF
CRT+V = Clear Markings

ALT+R = Roll 6 sided Dice
ALT+F = Flip Coin

Useful Console Commands

Remember lackeyCCG has a huge list of consol commands to let you do awesome stuff... see the full list here! Though here are some real useful ones!

/save NameYouChoose (Save the current game, includes all decks)
/load NameYouChoose (Load a save game)

/senddeck # (This command will send you deck to the other player and download it directly to their deck folder, replace the # with their seat number.. so if their name is 3rd in the list it would be "/senddeck 3"
  • Reager likes this

mrthomasschmidt

mrthomasschmidt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi.
Just a big THANK YOU for making this plug in. I'm a huge fan of this LCG and FFG in general. I have all the sets/expansion/adventure packs for LOTR and therefore thinks it okay and totaly cool of FFG to "allow" this :)

mrthomasschmidt

mrthomasschmidt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Just wanted to ask if you know if you can use the text/html file that gets exported from cardgamedb, and use it in lackey? I have a mac so I can't use the other deckbuilder you mentioned in you fine tutorial :)

mrthomasschmidt

mrthomasschmidt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Oh, and two suggestions :)
First one regarding the turn/will/threat numbers you can ad to a card. The first number, or fist time you ad a number, it's just blank. It's first vissible from number 2 and up. Or maybe I'm doing it wrong?
Secondly, would it requre much work for you, to include the option of choosing to let the first AND second player sit at the same side of the table? According to Trevor this is something that can be done but it has to be the plugin maker that does it. If not, great anyway ^_^
Just a suggestion anyway :)

Aequitas

Aequitas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Great plugin...

Is there any possibility to not have the custom quests in the plugin?

I prefer play only the real ones.

mrthomasschmidt

mrthomasschmidt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Jep. Just go in to the lackey folder lackey/plugins/lotrlcg/decks/ and delete all the 00.1, 00.2, 00.3 and 00.4 files (9 in total) :) and if something goes wrong, just delete the whole folder and download again :) it just that simple :)

Booored

Booored

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Great plugin...

Is there any possibility to not have the custom quests in the plugin?

I prefer play only the real ones.

you should try them.. some of them are better than official FFG ones.