Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lord of the Rings LCG for LackeyCCG (play it online with mates)

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts

Great plugin...

Is there any possibility to not have the custom quests in the plugin?

I prefer play only the real ones.

All the custom quests start with the value 0. So simply go into the deck folder "./plugins/LoTRlcg/decks" and delete all the decks that start with a Zero. I'll be moving to the pack system eventually so all these deck files will be gone at one stage.. though I am waiting for Trevor to add a additional functionality to the pack manager.

Still as Booored said some of the custom quest are EXTREMELY good. Easily as good and in some cases rivalling some of the official quests. Check out "The.Culling.at.the.Barrow-Downs" and "Raid_on_the_River_Carnen" these are very good ones for example.

mrthomasschmidt

mrthomasschmidt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi Tragic. Any response for me regarding my questions/suggestions? :) waiting with curiosity you know ;)

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts

First one regarding the turn/will/threat numbers you can ad to a card. The first number, or fist time you ad a number, it's just blank. It's first vissible from number 2 and up. Or maybe I'm doing it wrong?

They way lackeyCCG works is that the first time you set a token it is supposed to load a token image, then on the 2nd token it adds the number 2. I have included 3 token types that do not have any tokens.. they are just numbers. 3 tokens for quest, resource and wound as well as 3 generic tokens of different colours to be used as you like.

The idea of the 3 tokenless ones is for them to be used on the "helper" card that you can find in teh token area of the application. This is like a pad I guess, where you can add tokens to count things. The idea was to use it as a way to track each players own will as well as the stanging area threat, as you know, once you start getting into a quest you start to quest with the same toons each time.. and we found ourselves constantly counting the will every turn and this way we can just write the will in green on the card for the "normal" questing, blue for when we add extras and use black to show the will in teh staging area.

It is just a helper card and tokens for it.. the card is in the token area, and they work as they are supposed to. Your not meant to use them on other cards.

Secondly, would it requre much work for you, to include the option of choosing to let the first AND second player sit at the same side of the table? According to Trevor this is something that can be done but it has to be the plugin maker that does it. If not, great anyway ^_^Just a suggestion anyway :)

Trevor has been talking about adding a option the player can pick to set the players to sit on the same side of the table, I think this would be a good idea. I have spoken to him and adding the options for the player host to decide is not on his priority radar at the moment. I can set this as forced in the plugin itself, but then people will not have a choice. In the next release I'll set that in the plugin itself and see what other people say. If no one has a problem I think this will be an improvement.

mrthomasschmidt

mrthomasschmidt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Super. Looping forward to test it out :)

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts
As always, if you experience problems the fastest way to fix is to just delete the entire Plugin Dir and just download it again form the server ... just remember to backup your player decks.. so Del this dir!! (\plugins\LoTRlcg\)

Version 3.1

ADDED:- Orc Hunt (Custom Quest)
ADDED - The Fall of Dale (Custom Quest)
ADDED - Eagle Token (For Eagles of Misty Mountains)
CHANGED -All Players now sit on same side of table (Should make it better for solo players running multiple decks)
CHANGED -Eagle Tokens used to Eagle player card backs
REMOVED - Progress, Wound and Quest Token from Token Area

Please let me know if anything needs fixing!!

Guys I know Vassel and OTGN2 have more current cards. The plug makers do this against the express wishes of FFG and are basically pirates and being illegal. My plugin conforms with the requirement to wait 6 months after the real cards are released b4 releasing the virtual cards.

I'm not going to release them faster.. please stop asking! You may use OTGN or Vassel if you have no moral problems with disregarding the wishes of the designers. month

As there was a break in release over last Christmas of LoTRlcg… The 1st Pack of Darrowdelf was released on March 2012… So this means I'll be releasing that pack in September! Do not worry I plan to do some cool stuff on this still as in I will be adding lost of Custom Quests!

-----------------

Also I have fixed some problems with the default keybindings ... they should now be all working ...

CRT+LEFT CLICK = Flip a Card
HOLD SHIFT + MOUSE OVER (Peak at the other side of the card without flipping it)

F1 = Refresh ALL
F2 = Draw Card

F3 = Next Phase
F4 = Last Phase

F5 = Draw Encounter Card
F6 = Draw Shadow Card

F7 = New Turn

ALT+Q / CRT+Q = Resource Token (Add / Remove)
ALT+W / CRT+W = Wound Token (Add / Remove)
ALT+E / CRT+E = Quest Token (Add / Remove)

ALT+A / CRT+A = Helper Card Counter 1 (Add / Remove)
ALT+S / CRT+S = Helper Card Counter 2 (Add / Remove)
ALT+D / CRT+D = Helper Card Counter 3 (Add / Remove)

ALT+Z / CRT+Z = Purple Generic Token (Add / Remove)
ALT+X / CRT+X = Orange Generic Token (Add / Remove)
ALT+C / CRT+C = Yellow Generic Token (Add / Remove)

ALT+V = Toggle Draw Mode ON / OFF
CRT+V = Clear Markings
ALT+R = Roll 6 sided Dice
ALT+F = Flip Coin

Useful Console Commands

Remember lackeyCCG has a huge list of consol commands to let you do awesome stuff... see the full list here! Though here are some real useful ones!

/save NameYouChoose (Save the current game, includes all decks)
/load NameYouChoose (Load a save game)
/senddeck # (This command will send you deck to the other player and download it directly to their deck folder, replace the # with their seat number.. so if their name is 3rd in the list it would be "/senddeck 3"
  • Reager likes this

mrthomasschmidt

mrthomasschmidt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
HI. Your new update is super. I really like that you can sit at the same site now. Maybe if you remove this feature again in the future you can still add the plugin setting file for it? This way we can choose for ourself what we wanna do :) Just a couple of things though, at the helper card there's still no "1" in either round, will or threat. It's just blank and will first be visible when you get to 2 or more. Also I can still see all the tokens in the tokens area, not that it's a bad thing just wanted to mention it :) I'm running the mac version so I don't know if that has anything to say. Keep it up :)

mrthomasschmidt

mrthomasschmidt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi Tragic.
I have tested your new update and it's just awesome the way you can now play two player at the same side of the table. But I have some problems after you added the latest custom quests. Now when I load my older decks or save games it's all screwed up. Heroes get exchanged with encounter cards and quest cards and the like. I have deleted the plugin severel times but it's stil the same. Also, I think you misunderstood me in my earlier post. My point was that in your videos when you use the helper card you can use the number "1" both in turn 1 , 1 will power or 1 threat. But when I do it it's just blank. Nothing happens until I get to "2".

Kind regs and looking forward to getting the Dwerowdwelf AP's when it's legal around sep/oct :)
Thomas

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts
As always, if you experience problems the fastest way to fix is to just delete the entire Plugin Dir and just download it again form the server ... justs remember to backup your player decks.. so Del this dir!! (\plugins\LoTRlcg\)

Version 4

ADDED: Redhorn Gate AP (1st of Darrowdelf)
ADDED: Aside Encounter Deck Zones
ADDED: Victory Pile Deck Zone | ADDED: Mulligan Sound
ADDED: Mulligan Button | ADDED: Save and Load Buttons
CHANGED: All encounter deck now have any "out of play" cards used in set up placed in the new ASIDE deck zone for quicker game starts!
FIXED: Sarn Gorwing Custom Quest Deck!

Ok... so I finally found time toi update this plugin.. only 18 days late!! wtf... do not worry I'll update it as soon as the new month starts so you will not be waiting as long for the next pack...

BIG NEWS!! Darrowdelf has started... so get on and start hitting the trail

Also, I have made some pretty major changes to the plugin. I Strongly recommend backing up your OWN decks and DELETING THE ENTIRE PLUGIN DIR AND INSTALLING FROM SCRATCH.

I have added 2 new deck zones... as there are more and more quests that require shuffling of the quest deck. So now you will see that there is a new button called "DRAW QUEST" this will draw a quest card form the top of the quest deck (LEFT). You can still play as always, but if you are playing say FLIGHT FROM MORIA, you can now put the quest cards in the quest deck zone and use the shuffle and other deck functions!

I have also added a new deck zone called "VICTORY" so you may drag your victory cards into this area now if you wish.

Also ALL the encounter decks have been changed. So i strongly recommend you deleting them all and re-downloading. This is because I have added yet another deck zone called "ASIDE". This deck zone contains all the Quest 1a setup cards. Like if the quest says "search the encounter deck for card and place in staging area" well that card is now already put aside for you in this aside deck zone. This should speed up quest setup as you will not need to fetch the cards yourself.

Also there is a new button in teh canned messages area called "!mulligan!" this will discard your starting hand and then draw 6 cards as well as announcing you are taking a mulligan, next to it is !draw 6! that will draw your starting hand.

Ok have fun!!!

-----------------

Also I have fixed some problems with the default keybindings ... they should now be all working ... if not del the plugin and fresh update!

HOLD SHIFT + MOUSE OVER (Peak at the other side of the card without flipping it)

F1 = Refresh ALL
F2 = Draw Card

F3 = Next Phase
F4 = Last Phase

F5 = Draw Encounter Card
F6 = Draw Shadow Card

F7 = New Turn

F9 = Empty Hand - This moves the top card of your hand to the top of your draw deck. (do not change this keybinding!!)

ALT+M = Toggle Draw Mode ON / OFF
ALT+N = Clear Markings
ALT+F = Flip Coin

Useful Console Commands

Remember lackeyCCG has a huge list of consol commands to let you do awesome stuff... see the full list here! Though here are some real useful ones!

/senddeck # (This command will send you deck to the other player and download it directly to their deck folder, replace the # with their seat number.. so if their name is 3rd in the list it would be "/senddeck 3"
  • HilariousPete and Rek like this

shipwreck

shipwreck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thanks for your hard work on this, Tragic. I've been using Lackey a bit instead of Octgn to play with a friend on Mac.

Do you know of any place hosting pre-made player decks for Lackey? I mean to sit down and make a few at some point (can't use my Octgn decks since they have the rest of Dwarrowdelf) but in the meanwhile, do you have some to share or can you link a repository?

mrthomasschmidt

mrthomasschmidt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
You are the man Tragic. It's nice enough to have the cards in print i guess (which I have, everything released up until now) but I must confess that I now buy them "only" to support FFG. Id rather play it here on lackey with your plugin since it saves me so much time, not having to set everything up and pack it away again all the time. So thank you SOOO much for doing this. And while octgn has a nice UI (haven't tried it since I have a mac) I find it so satisfying knowing that you respect FFG enough to keep their 6 month rules. Kudos man :)

mrthomasschmidt

mrthomasschmidt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi Tragic. Any news about the next AP in the Dwerrodwelf cycle? Or is it too soon? I don't really remember when the packs was released but saw your last update is nearing 2 month. Keep it up :)

Rek

Rek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks so much for this awesome work. I have every card which has been released in german cause i am from germany. Is it possible for me to replace the english card scans with german ones? And is it possible to translate all the cards within the plugin?

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts
As always, if you experience problems the fastest way to fix is to just delete the entire Plugin Dir and just download it again form the server ... justs remember to backup your player decks.. so Del this dir!! (\plugins\LoTRlcg\)

Version 5

ADDED: Darrowdelf 2: Road to Rivendale
ADDED: Darrowdelf 3: The Watcher in the Water
ADDED: Darrowdelf 4: The Long Dark
ADDED: Darrowdelf 5: Foundations of Stone
ADDED: Darrowdelf 6: Shadow and Flame
ADDED: Saga: The Hobbit: Over Hill and Under Hill
ADDED: Deluxe: Heirs of Numenor Expansion (Censored)

CHANGED
There is a pretty major change here.

I am now going to be releasing the entire set as uptodate with the official sets as possible, ignoring the 6 month wait.. BUT the cards in the 6 month period will have their card text blurred out. This way the plugin will comply with the wishes of the copywrite holders, FFG and people can simply replace the blurred cards with their own scans if they wish.

This should stop the fracturing of the user base, as many users were running custom versions of this plugin. Now you can just replace the blurred cards and connect with anyone.. no need to write a personalised plugin anymore!

As some of you may know it has been a long time between updates. I was away on holiday for ages, and then I quit this game in favour for other LCGs like Netrunner.

I am looking for someone to take over this plugin and maintain it.

The plugin itself is complete and I expect it not to need additional work. All anyone needs to do to update this plugin is look in the plugin dir and see the cardlist.txt file. This is a tab delimitered spreadsheet txt file. You can load it in excel or calc or any speadsheet app. Once you do you can clearly see the pattern of how to fill in new cards.

If anyone wishes to take over the plugin please let me know. PM me on YOUTUBE, BGG, FFG or CARDGAMEDB.

To those thinking of taking over.. there are TWO options.

1) You take over the entire plugin, including updating and hosting (hosting can be done easy through DropBox.. this is what I am using now). You will need to update the txt file, update the dropbox and update the scans. I can put you in touch with a scanner.

This is what I am hoping someone will step up and do.

2) The other option is to simply update the cardlist.txt file and email it to me. This is by far the most time consuming part of the update. The data entry. If someone will do this for me. I can host and handle the plugin updates, Until someone wishes to take on the entire show.

Anyway.. I will be updating the plugin now and then if no one comes around..

until then... . .

Have Fun and ROLL HIGH!!!

-----------------

Also I have fixed some problems with the default keybindings ... they should now be all working ... if not del the plugin and fresh update!

F1 = Refresh ALL
F2 = Draw Card

F3 = Next Phase
F4 = Last Phase

F5 = Draw Encounter Card
F6 = Draw Shadow Card

F7 = New Turn

F9 = Empty Hand - This moves the top card of your hand to the top of your draw deck. (do not change this keybinding!!)

There is a BUTTON called !Mulligan!.. it will try to empty your hand and draw a new one.

ALT+M = Toggle Draw Mode ON / OFF
ALT+N = Clear Markings
ALT+F = Flip Coin

Useful Console Commands

Zalrus9

Zalrus9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Thanks for the update, sir! I know you're not going to be the one to update the Lackyccg program, but I do like what you did with Heirs of Neumanor, as I would prefer to have the digital cards than be able to read them on the screen.

Does anybody have any info as to the state of the program?

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts

Version 6
MASSIVE UPDATE!! I STRONGLY RECOMMEND REMOVING YOUR ENTIRE PLUGIN DIR AND REINSTALLING FORM PREFERENCES MENU!!

Remember to back up your own player decks! Though due to massive changes you may need to rebuild them, check and see if they are missing a card here or there!

ADDED: The Battle of Laketown (uncensored)
ADDED: Saga: The Hobbit 2: On The Door Step (Censored)
ADDED: The Steward's Fear (Censored)
ADDED: Easy Mode Encounter Decks

ADDED: A a 2nd Encounter Deck Zone for use in many of the quest that need such a thing
ADDED: A victory point counter to the player area

UNCENSORED: Deluxe: Heirs of Numenor Expansion!

CHANGE: Redone all encounter deck to use the new 2nd Encounter Area + Aside.
CHANGE: Cleaned up the card button bar so there are many less buttons for ease of use.
CHANGE: Some of there moved buttons made it to the CANNED MESSAGE button area.
CHANGE: Tweaked CANNED MESSAGE buttons for ease of use.
CHANGE: Swapped the Hotkeys for helper counters and generic counters.
CHANGE: Gone though entire card list and remove duplicates, so all errors with loading the wrong card into your deck has stopped.
CHANGE: Synced Card list to match Zorbec's Deck Builder so card export should works seamlessly.
CHANGE: Card Scans have been standardized in size, so all cards are now exactly the same dimensions.
CHANGE: Many Card Scans replaced with new scans of better quality.

TONS OF OTHER STUFF!
Due to the large update please remove the entire plugin dir from lackeyccg. Make sure you back up your own decks.

Big thanks to eli124 (for ideas on how to improve) and especially cheshirekatzfor helping with the tedious data entry part of the release, as well as DarksBane for CardGameDB and all he dose for the community and Zorbec for his amazing deck editor, that if you are not using then you are simply "doing it wrong".

-----------------

F1 = Refresh ALL
F2 = Draw Card

F3 = Next Phase (auto save each advanced phase)
F4 = Last Phase

F5 = Draw Encounter Card
F6 = Draw Shadow Card
F7 = Draw Quest Card
F8 = Draw 2nd Encounter Card
F9 = Draw 2nd Shadow Card

F11 = Empty Hand - This moves the top card of your hand to the top of your draw deck. (do not change this keybinding!!)

F12 = ADVANCE TURN (auto save at each turn advance)

ALT+T = Take Control of Card

ALT+A / CRT+A = Yellow Generic Token (Add / Remove)
ALT+S / CRT+S = Orange Generic Token (Add / Remove)
ALT+D / CRT+D = Purple Generic Token (Add / Remove)

ALT+Z / CRT+Z = Helper Card Counter 1 (Add / Remove)
ALT+X / CRT+X = Helper Card Counter 2 (Add / Remove)
ALT+C / CRT+C = Helper Card Counter 3 (Add / Remove)

ALT+1 = Toggle Draw Mode ON / OFF
ALT+2 = Clear Drawn Markings

ALT+F = Flip Coin

There is are some helpful BUTTONS near the chat window.

SAVE - Save the current state of the game
LOAD - Load saved game

DRAW 6 - Shuffle your deck, then draw 6 Cards, then announce in chat you are drawing your star hand
Mulligan - Announce a Mulligan, then discard hand, shuffle deck, draw 6 cards

Useful Console Commands

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts
LoTR-LCG LackeyCCG Tutorial

--= LINK ==-

Click the link to go to my utube chan where I have done a tutorial for the plugin. Check the video description as there will be a index of link to let you jump around the video file for quick answers to common questions.

Have Fun and ROLL HIGH!

--Tragic

michaelramm

michaelramm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I just downloaded from the site and it says Build Date - 04-11-12

Is that the most current version? I cannot get any plugins to load and I have a white txt box in where the plugin selector should be.

Screenshot: http://d.pr/i/XJlw

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts
hmm strange.... the app update the plugin urls and then that white box gose away... The server might have been down at teh exact time you tried.. try again... if this dosn't work.. try pasting in these urls in to the manual plugin install box...

MAX - https://dl.dropboxus.../updatelist.txt
HIGH - https://dl.dropboxus.../updatelist.txt
MEDIUM - https://dl.dropboxus.../updatelist.txt
LOW - https://dl.dropboxus.../updatelist.txt

michaelramm

michaelramm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thanks for the help Tragic, I will try again tomorrow!

michaelramm

michaelramm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Just remember to check LackeyCCG and the plugin list was available and ready for me to install LOTR. Thanks, Tragic!