Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Regionals: Dream Wizards, Rockville, MD - May 17

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

yes snow graves still works because Interstellar migration requires it to go to the bottom of the deck. it doesn't stop Namoi because the event is just triggered and right now no tactics requires to go to the bottom it is a separate effect on Namoi then the trigger is, little confusing but once really look at it makes sense. 

Whizzwang

Whizzwang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Ahhh, that's something at least. 

I'm fairly sure there will be a Gentlemenly English agreement at our Regional not to run it though. so we should be fine.

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

Here is the Mono-Syndicate list that Seth played, or at least close to it. I made some changes away from some very poor deckbuilding decisions that I had made at 1 am, and based on some thoughts from Seth, and of course adding in the Snow Graves that he didn't have on tournament day because I had them. :) The deck is up for approval.

Character
Clover Club Pit Boss (DotU) x2
Isaac Miles (DotU) x3
Johnny V's Dame (AoA) x3
Lena Di Boerio (DotU) x3
Marine Salvager (DotU) x3
Melisande LeBeau (DotU) x2
Mr. David Pan (CotJE) x2
Naomi O'Bannion (DotU) x2
O'Bannion's Inner Council (DotU) x2
Peter Clover (SoK) x2
Tommy Malloy (DotU) x1
Descendant of Eibon (TTotT) x1
Diseased Sewer Rats (SoA) x3
Prepared Alienist (TKatG) x3
The Claret Knight (SoK) x1
Clover Club Bouncer (Core) x3

Support
Gun Runner's Club (SoM) x2
Ice Shaft (NN) x2
Snow Graves (AtMoM) x3

Event
Immurement (DotU) x3
On the Lam (DotU) x2
Pay Tribute (DotU) x2

• HomerJ likes this

Whizzwang

Whizzwang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Needs more crowbar....

Sorry, couldn't resist. I'd personally run 3 x Pit Boss. Willpower on all your guys is just amazing. Other than that it looks pretty solid and close to what I've been running as mono Syn. I've been leaning ore towards the Syn prophecy and cheating an inner council into play turn 1 though.

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

Sure there's some room to fiddle with it. You could probably drop Scavenger down 1 to bump up Pit Boss. I just found that multiple bosses were redundant. I also wanted to try the prophecy, but I think it would work better in a skill reduction type deck instead of this one. I wanted to do the prophecy, a couple torch singers, Hack Journalist, and Reallocation. But that's a different deck. Anyone have something like that that has worked well for them?

Whizzwang

Whizzwang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

One of the UK guys plays nothing but Hastur so 3 Pit Boss is a must for my Syn decks. I guess going from 2 to 3 is a meta call really. 

kamacausey

kamacausey

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
I'm curious on what the list was for the tournament and why you changed what you did?

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts
Okay here is the original version that Seth played. It had more jumpers because they're awesome, but also Alienist just depending on the matchup. It caused some conflicts sometime, but not really overall, I think.
Character
Clover Club Pit Boss (DotU) x2
Isaac Miles (DotU) x3
Johnny V's Dame (AoA) x3
Lena Di Boerio (DotU) x3
Marine Salvager (DotU) x2
Melisande LeBeau (DotU) x2
Mr. David Pan (CotJE) x2
Naomi O'Bannion (DotU) x2
O'Bannion's Inner Council (DotU) x2
Peter Clover (SoK) x2
Tommy Malloy (DotU) x2
Descendant of Eibon (TTotT) x1
Diseased Sewer Rats (SoA) x3
Prepared Alienist (TKatG) x3
Clover Club Bouncer (Core) x3
Black Dog x1
Dreamlands Fanatic x3
Dirk Sharpe x1
Henry Knoll x2

Support
Gun Runner's Club (SoM) x2
Ice Shaft (NN) x2

Event
Immurement (DotU) x3
On the Lam (DotU) x3

HomerJ

HomerJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

This version makes me think, "If you've got Fanatics, why not go a little farther and put in Khopesh over the Rats ..  ."

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

...And then why not go a step further and add in Flooded Vaults and DOA and maybe even Yh'nthlei Statue? Good question. :)

• HomerJ likes this

HomerJ

HomerJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
I see what you did there .. . .

HomerJ

HomerJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Any chance at all we can see Tom's Y-Train list?

Whizzwang

Whizzwang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

3 of each Yithian card
3 Lost Oracle
3 Black Dog

3 of the 4 Cost Yog jumper whose name eludes me at 7am

done

• Jhaelen likes this

HomerJ

HomerJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Lol. 16x3 + 2 black dogs ....

Seems legit.

Wilbur

Wilbur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

3 of each Yithian card
3 Lost Oracle
3 Black Dog
3 of the 4 Cost Yog jumper whose name eludes me at 7am

done

Out of curiosity, is this remark the product of ignorance or spite?

kamacausey

kamacausey

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

I would say spite ;-)

• Whizzwang likes this

Jhaelen

Jhaelen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1082 posts
  • Tom C. - Yog yithian mill
  • Myself - mono-Yog with a splash of Cthulhu
  • Mike M. - Yog yithian mill
  • Seth L. - mono-Syndicate

Am I allowed to rant now? Perhaps it would be better to just imagine I did...

Everyone briniging a Yog yithian mill deck to a tournament, casual or no, should be permanently banned from all tournaments, imnsho.

*sigh* There, I said it.

My congratulations to Danigral - the real winner of the tournament!

HomerJ

HomerJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Lol. It's funny because immediately before our regional, I was BEGGING Tom for a peek at his list because I thought that Y-Train was going to be the only way to win. While I was hunting the intertubes, my buddy reminded me that 1) The game is supposed to be fun, and 2) If you play Y-Train, you're not trying to have fun, you're trying to win, and 3) We wanted to have fun. 1+2+3 = No Y-Train. Best part? No one played a version of it at our event!
  • Jhaelen likes this

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

Lol. It's funny because immediately before our regional, I was BEGGING Tom for a peek at his list because I thought that Y-Train was going to be the only way to win. While I was hunting the intertubes, my buddy reminded me that 1) The game is supposed to be fun, and 2) If you play Y-Train, you're not trying to have fun, you're trying to win, and 3) We wanted to have fun. 1+2+3 = No Y-Train. Best part? No one played a version of it at our event!

Only problem with this is those people who think winning is fun.

Karrius

Karrius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Am I allowed to rant now? Perhaps it would be better to just imagine I did...

Everyone briniging a Yog yithian mill deck to a tournament, casual or no, should be permanently banned from all tournaments, imnsho.

*sigh* There, I said it.

My congratulations to Danigral - the real winner of the tournament!

I paid a lot of money when I currently don't have any real income to drive several hours to a tournament, bringing the deck I was most familiar with, and was most able to bring on my own (borrowing as few cards as possible) giving my extremely limited card pool. I went, quite frankly, to win - and sometimes that involves playing decks other people don't really like, but when I'm paying over $100 to make it to a tournament I'm not going to hamper myself. ESPECIALLY after the deck received significant nerfing and several hard-counter cards recently printed. How can you know if it's broken or not still if you outright refuse to play it?

However, if you'd like to buy me some more cards so I don't have to use the mill, I'd be happy to give you my paypal. That way, it's win-win for us both!

It's worth noting in both games that I lost, I had fun - there was a LOT of counter-play. There was a lot of back and forth. Danigral was a great opponent who used a lot of cards I hadn't seen before, that really hurt my strategy, but yet were still useful against other matchups. Maybe the Yithian Mill still is too good, but whining about how people who play it deserve to be banned will do nothing but chase people away from the community, and is a super jerky thing to do. I'd sooner ban people from tournaments who are verbally abusive to others, like yourself, than people who run decks I don't like.

Edit: Also, if you ACTUALLY READ THE THREAD, you'd see that neither Yithian Mill won, and neither did Danigral - he got second. Seth, playing mono-criminal, won. Yet you're saying Danigral is the "real winner", because.... why? Is mono-criminal worthy of banning too, in your world?

• Reckoner likes this