Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Origins 2014

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Krey

Krey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
Origins Game Fair Columbus Ohio

2014 Star Wars LCG Origins Championship
6-14 11:00am - $4.00 in tickets

2014 Star Wars LCG 2v2 (Or whatever) "Hangover Squadron"
6-15 10:00am - no cost

Registartion Starts 1 hour before the events. Events will start promptly.

We are located outside the main halls. Across from hall E in a side room E161A. It's actually nice because we will have the room to ourselves except for a small sim city game.
  • fliptheforce likes this

America

America

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts
IN
  • Krey likes this

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
sweet, i'll be there

colsanders

colsanders

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
In, I think the Origins Championship will have more players than some of the regionals. Over/under anyone?

America

America

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Toggle

Toggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts
Aw yiss.

colsanders

colsanders

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

I'll go blackjack then.

romo

romo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

I am trying to get an exact date for the prereg cutoff.

According to the mail-in pre registration form (who would use that?) the deadline to get the discounted badge is May 15.

SmokeyJ

SmokeyJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
3.5 hour hike for me, so I am quite doubtful. I may be persuaded by a sufficiently obnoxious Jar Jar playmat to vie for...

MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1623 posts
I might have been in but isn't that the day before Father's Day?

Krey

Krey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

According to the mail-in pre registration form (who would use that?) the deadline to get the discounted badge is May 15.

Yeah I saw that, and somewhere else I saw things must be postmarked by May1. So I wanted to double check before I advised here.

I might have been in but isn't that the day before Father's Day?

Looks like it. Wait till my wife finds out :P

romo

romo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Yeah I saw that, and somewhere else I saw things must be postmarked by May1. So I wanted to double check before I advised here.

Yep, the online registration form says the deadline for the paper pre registration is April 30. I haven't seen any deadline for the online pre registration, so who knows when it actually is. Deadline or no, I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. I hear Booker is hosting the after party at a local brazillian steakhouse!
  • America likes this

America

America

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Yep, the online registration form says the deadline for the paper pre registration is April 30. I haven't seen any deadline for the online pre registration, so who knows when it actually is. Deadline or no, I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. I hear Booker is hosting the after party at a local brazillian steakhouse!

It's happening at the Hyatt!

KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1890 posts
This is the first year in 6 that I'll miss origins. :( Next year.

Toggle

Toggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts
Do you need any assistance with the administration, planning, or prize support for these events?
  • Krey likes this

Krey

Krey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Do you need any assistance with the administration, planning, or prize support for these events?

I'll take all the help I can get. I feel like this thing is by the players for the players.

I'm waiting to hear back from FFG and then Ill be in full planning mode. I'll get in touch with you and we will see what we can do.
  • KennedyHawk likes this

Vorrt

Vorrt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
I just confirmation this week about that I'll be at Origins.

Toggle

Toggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

I'll take all the help I can get. I feel like this thing is by the players for the players.

I'm waiting to hear back from FFG and then Ill be in full planning mode. I'll get in touch with you and we will see what we can do.

Awesome.

Toggle

Toggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts
I started building my con schedule.

What's the chance that the 1v1 tourney on Saturday will go past 7pm (8 hours)? There's a 7pm event that I wanted to go to if it doesn't conflict, but it requires pre-registration and coordinating with friends if it would work out.

Do you have any ideas on how many rounds to do, depending on player count?

Krey

Krey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
Hard to say exactly how long it will run without knowing numbers. I would guess 4-5 rounds and then the cut, with maybe a half hour break somewhere so people could grab a quick bite. In any case I really want to be done early enough that people can enjoy their evening. Id like to hit up a local joint for a beer afterwards with anyone willing.

Right now there is no reason we would have to follow FFG tournament guidelines, but we need enough swiss that we get a good cut, and so that people get to play games. I remember an event I went to that was 3 rounds, no cut and I got the round 1 bye. Not worth the 3 hour drive.

Origins will be worth the drive!