Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Origins 2014

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Krey

Krey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

I should clarify that they are not the regional Jabba playmats.  Mara and something from last year I think.

Toggle

Toggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

That is really awesome.  I can't wait.

Can we pre-register, just in case it fills up?

Is there prize support for the Sunday event?

• Krey likes this

Krey

Krey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

I dont think at this point there is any way to preregister for events, if someone finds it they can correct me. If we get more people than the cap we will just find some empty tables and figure it out.  Based on regional attendance I am not too worried about capacity.

Yes there will be prize support for Sunday.  It wont be on the same level as the main event, but the winners at least will get something. 

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

i pre registered and selected the star wars the card game event on saturday.

Vorrt

Vorrt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

If everyone is up for it, I totally think it'd be kind of cool to take a group photo of all the players to send off to FFG, to show them that Origins is worth investing the time in for a major tourney of some kind....

Call the Origins Sabacc Open or something themed like that, to build towards in the future.

• FlavaDave and KennedyHawk like this

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
Honestly, it's ridiculous that ffg doesn't already do anything for the second largest gaming con in the country. Sad really
  • Jarrett likes this

HoopJones

HoopJones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

If i include myself and my son, i invited a total of 7 people from Pittsburgh.  I got one no.  I got one definitely interested (mossberg on these here boards) but alas the ever Quixotic Hoopjones initially expressed an interest then quickly replied that he has pinball finals that day.  :huh:  I'm still waiting to hear back from 2 others.  So for now I have 2 yes, 2 no, 1 maybe and 2 yet to respond.

I am down like charlie brown

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
Yeah right, I haven't seen you since early in store championship season....

FlavaDave

FlavaDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

If everyone is up for it, I totally think it'd be kind of cool to take a group photo of all the players to send off to FFG, to show them that Origins is worth investing the time in for a major tourney of some kind....

Call the Origins Sabacc Open or something themed like that, to build towards in the future.

F yeah.....

FlavaDave

FlavaDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

would it be awesome (i'm leaning towards awesome) or sad if we could beat some of the regional attendances this year?  It looks like Pittsburgh may have up to 5 of us piling into the car Saturday morning to come out and play Star Wars.

• romo, colsanders and Krey like this

Vorrt

Vorrt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

I think Texas was the largest I've heard of at 31 people, and I know the Illinois regional had 27.  Anyone have numbers for the others?

KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1890 posts
I wouldn't call it sad, there's going to be 10000+ Gamers at origins with thousands of events. I'd be surprised if it didn't beat it the regionals.

Jarrett

Jarrett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
I'm calling it now that there will only be 18 or less players. A respectable amount, but the Chicago event had tons of people vouching to attend and we had nowhere near the amount actually attend. But I hope you guys prove me wrong, as that would be awesome for the game.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
I will call it now, at this event......... I will run the good cards instead of trying to be sneaky.... Lesson learned at Morgan town regional.
  • TGO, Ironswimsuit and KennedyHawk like this

Vorrt

Vorrt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

I'm calling it now that there will only be 18 or less players. A respectable amount, but the Chicago event had tons of people vouching to attend and we had nowhere near the amount actually attend. But I hope you guys prove me wrong, as that would be awesome for the game.

You could come out and help get the numbers up... Just saying.  Bring Justin and TGO as well.  It'll be a merry ol' time

Letux

Letux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

We have 2-5 from Erie making it.

Nice job drumming up some cool prizes!

Ironswimsuit

Ironswimsuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

If I ever hear back from the publisher I'm allegedly working for, I will see you guys. I doubt I'll be able to play since I'll be peddling wares, but maybe we can hook up or get in some casuals. Beer, plus pick up non sanctioned tourney format: Drafts and drafts.

KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1890 posts

On the topic or Origins I'm missing it this year. Other than this event are there any stand out ones?

Also EVERYONE make sure you go visit Timothy Zahn in the authors area. I talked with him for like an hour last year about the new movies and he even came to some of the X-wing events. IT WAS AMAZING!

Darksbane

Darksbane

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3594 posts

The next peoples post I have to delete are getting their posting privileges removed for a month. So if you want to call someone an ass feel free because you'll be getting a vacation from having to deal with them. And if someone calls you an ass and you respond in kind then I'll hand out a 2 month posting ban for that. I try to give everyone here the benefit of the doubt but I'm tired of this crap. I appreciate the people who reported this and then DID NOT PROCEED TO FLAME OTHERS...

Now lets get this back on topic

• scwont and America like this

Ruleof2

Ruleof2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
Planning on making the trip down myself. Its about 3 hours for me. Anyone close to me (warren oh) is welcome to tag along but I don't know if there's anyone around here that plays. Really hoping the turn out is good but will be fun no matter what. Wanna thank krey for doing the leg work on the prize support! That's a really good reason to go if you missed or couldn't make a regional