Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Top Ten Cards for Each Faction

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts
Currently nominated:
  • The Agency - Mr. Grey, Behind Bars, Marshall Greene, Government Exorcist
  • Miskatonic University - Chess Prodigy, Expert Testimony, Open for Inspection, Binding, Maurice Diggs
  • Syndicate - Panic!, Henry Knoll, Reallocate, Clover Club Pit Boss
  • Silver Twilight - Josef Meiger, Initiate of Huang Hun, Zanni
  • Cthulhu - Ravager of the Deep, Deep One Rising, Carl Sanford, Degenerate Serpent Cultist
  • Hastur - Feathery Watchers, Jeff Harson, Apeirophobia, Victoria Glasser, Stealthy Byakhee
  • Shub-Niggurath - Feed Her Young, Black Dog, The Three Bells, Snow Graves, Twilight Cannibal
  • Yog-Sothoth - Speak with the Dead, Blood Magician, Glaaki, Claude Owen, Yithian Scout, Lost Oracle
  • Neutral - Broken Space Broken Time, The Cats of Ulthar, Negotium, Eldritch Nexus, Descendant of Eibon, Prepared Alienist, Feint
Votes to remove cards:
  • Immurement has 3 votes - REMOVED
  • Torch the Joint has 1 vote, needs 2 more
EDIT: Updated with orso's second below; updated with whizzwang's second below.

orso

orso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
second Daring Buju
  • Danigral likes this

Whizzwang

Whizzwang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
Second Hamu XX 15:14
  • Danigral likes this

kamacausey

kamacausey

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
Shouldn't my vote to keep it cancel out a vote to remove it? :P

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

LOL, I hear you. We'll revisit Immurement when we get close to completing each faction's list. I suspect there will be some other cards that will need debating when we have 1-2 spots left.

Whizzwang

Whizzwang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Unfortauntely your vote gets cancelled out by a lack of league play :ph34r:

kamacausey

kamacausey

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
I've asked in the Skype thread about anyone up for games but no one has acknowledged it or messaged me for a game :unsure:

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

I've asked in the Skype thread about anyone up for games but no one has acknowledged it or messaged me for a game :unsure:

PM'ed you to sort out a game time.

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts
We're a little over half the way there! I'm only nominating one this morning: Dirk Sharpe.

Currently nominated:
  • The Agency - Mr. Grey, Behind Bars, Marshall Greene, Government Exorcist
  • Miskatonic University - Chess Prodigy, Expert Testimony, Open for Inspection, Binding, Maurice Diggs
  • Syndicate - Panic!, Henry Knoll, Reallocate, Clover Club Pit Boss
  • Silver Twilight - Josef Meiger, Initiate of Huang Hun, Zanni, Dirk Sharpe
  • Cthulhu - Ravager of the Deep, Deep One Rising, Carl Sanford, Degenerate Serpent Cultist
  • Hastur - Feathery Watchers, Jeff Harson, Apeirophobia, Victoria Glasser, Stealthy Byakhee
  • Shub-Niggurath - Feed Her Young, Black Dog, The Three Bells, Snow Graves, Twilight Cannibal
  • Yog-Sothoth - Speak with the Dead, Blood Magician, Glaaki, Claude Owen, Yithian Scout, Lost Oracle
  • Neutral - Broken Space Broken Time, The Cats of Ulthar, Negotium, Eldritch Nexus, Descendant of Eibon, Prepared Alienist, Feint
Votes to remove cards:

kamacausey

kamacausey

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
How is the festival not on the shub list?!? I'll nominate that to be on the list.

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

How is the festival not on the shub list?!? I'll nominate that to be on the list.

I update the list on the OP with seconded cards. The Festival is number 1. :) The list above is just currently nominated, but not seconded, cards.

orso

orso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Second:
Prepared Alienist, Behind Bars, Small price to pay, Zanni, Deep One Rising, Binding, Black Dog, Claude Owen, Whitton Green

Nominate:
Agency: Trial Judge
Hastur: Charles Dexter Ward
Cthulhu: Y'ha-nthlei Statue
Shub: Altar of the blessed
Yog: Servant from out of time
Silver Twilight: The Oubliettes
Syndicate: Numbers Runner
MU: Ultima Thule
Neutral: Aliki Zoni Uperetria
  • Danigral likes this

orso

orso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
second Glaaki and Oracle, too.

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts
Thanks Orso. Just a reminder, 1 card nominated and/or seconded per faction each day. :)

Currently nominated:
  • The Agency - Mr. Grey, Marshall Greene, Government Exorcist
  • Miskatonic University - Chess Prodigy, Expert Testimony, Open for Inspection, Maurice Diggs, Ultima Thule
  • Syndicate - Panic!, Henry Knoll, Reallocate, Clover Club Pit Boss, Numbers Runner
  • Silver Twilight - Josef Meiger, Dirk Sharpe, The Oubliettes
  • Cthulhu - Ravager of the Deep, Carl Sanford, Degenerate Serpent Cultist, Y'ha-nthlei Statue
  • Hastur - Feathery Watchers, Jeff Harson, Apeirophobia, Stealthy Byakhee, Charles Dexter Ward
  • Shub-Niggurath - Feed Her Young, The Three Bells, Twilight Cannibal, Altar of the Blessed
  • Yog-Sothoth - Speak with the Dead, Blood Magician, Glaaki, Yithian Scout, Lost Oracle, Servant Out of Time, Nathaniel Peaslee
  • Neutral - Broken Space Broken Time, The Cats of Ulthar, Eldritch Nexus, Descendant of Eibon, Feint, Aliki Zoni Uperetria
Votes to remove cards:
EDIT: Updated with Graham's below.

GrahamM

GrahamM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Second Trial Judge, the Initiate, Vicky G, Snow Graves, Negotium

Has Yog's Peaslee really not been mentioned or am I just missing something?

EDIT: i.e. I nominate Peaslee. And Government Exorcist
  • Danigral likes this

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

Second Trial Judge, the Initiate, Vicky G, Snow Graves, Negotium

Has Yog's Peaslee really not been mentioned or am I just missing something?

EDIT: i.e. I nominate Peaslee. And Government Exorcist

Peaslee hasn't, but Exorcist has. I got the others. Updated above.

kamacausey

kamacausey

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
I'll second the trial judge

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts
the more I play with her Naomi should be a top syndicate card.
  • Danigral likes this

Saint7x

Saint7x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
I'm a devoted follower of Yog and I'm scratching my head about 'Faceless Abductor.'

Why do y'all like this card (or make this your #1 Yog card)?

His action doesn't allow him to stay on the board (he gets shuffled into the deck, which is worse than being put into the discard pile in my opinion) and all he does is bounce a non-AO of skill 3 or lower..........to which your opponent can just replay from his hand next turn.

Am I missing something here?

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

I'm a devoted follower of Yog and I'm scratching my head about 'Faceless Abductor.'

Why do y'all like this card (or make this your #1 Yog card)?

His action doesn't allow him to stay on the board (he gets shuffled into the deck, which is worse than being put into the discard pile in my opinion) and all he does is bounce a non-AO of skill 3 or lower..........to which your opponent can just replay from his hand next turn.

Am I missing something here?

I consider him as a great character to drop turn 1. He can fend off most human faction characters on turn 1-2, and you use him just like any regular character. Then, even if he is exhausted, you can use him for story control. When you can bounce any character at any story, it makes doing challenges even harder for your opponent because he has to take losses into account, while all you lose is a little weenie dude that you may draw again in the mid-late game. He is great for stalling, which Yog decks tend to like to do.