Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Morgantown Regional Update Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

colsanders

colsanders

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
Josh is running the Fett list, America will do his patriotic duty and get it, right?
  • fliptheforce likes this

ZackyMidnight

ZackyMidnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
Fett list was something like fett, punishing one, jabba, greedo, zuckuss and something else. Maybe boskk

Lots of neat decks. Lots of yellow.

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

Fett's not horrible with the lack of shields / stable protect in the environment, so it's pretty cool to see a deck do well with him in it.

He was in mono scum with no protect.
  • fliptheforce likes this

fliptheforce

fliptheforce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Fett list was something like fett, punishing one, jabba, greedo, zuckuss and something else. Maybe boskk

Lots of neat decks. Lots of yellow.

mono scum without officials?

colsanders

colsanders

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
My best guess would be
Jabba x2
Lucrative x2
Merc support
Trandoshan terror
Zuckuss
Hive of scum and villany
Fett x2
????????

Krey

Krey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
He had corrupt officials.

I played him but can't remember much at this point.

Epic showdown of the year? Fett vs Lobot.

ZackyMidnight

ZackyMidnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

mono scum without officials?

Sorry officials were in

Lucrative x 2, jabba x2 fett x2 zuckuss x2 merc support and greedo would be my guess

MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1623 posts
cool. So is someone planning on posting standings and / or decklists?

chiller087

chiller087

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

He was in mono scum with no protect.

Pretty certain Jarrett was referring to the lack of shielding and stable sources of protect for the LS. You don't always flop WLD.
  • Jarrett likes this

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

Pretty certain Jarrett was referring to the lack of shielding and stable sources of protect for the LS. You don't always flop WLD.

Lol. Total misread on my part. Hooray for reading skills.

TheJanitor

TheJanitor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
After 12 hours and a three game final, Josh 'Spider bite' Johnson wins! Pure Scum and Dash/Freeholders/Prep for Battle.

fliptheforce

fliptheforce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

After 12 hours and a three game final, Josh 'Spider bite' Johnson wins! Pure Scum and Dash/Freeholders/Prep for Battle.

Do we have full decklists?

ScottENJ

ScottENJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
TO said he'd be posting them but I can probably give you Josh and maybe Brad's decks off the top of my head when I wake up.

Depending on how his Finals went I was the only mono-Smuggler to deal his Scum deck a loss.

Utinni

Utinni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Left early to get back to hotel, didn't get decklists, hopefully someone can get ahold of them.
The ones I can remember, I am absolutely horrible at remembering names.
Scott
Tom P
Marc Cramer
Brad Eier
James Booker
Josh J
Jason L
Sorry to the one I can't remember, hopefully someone gets it on here

I forgive you. I sneaked into the top 8. (Dante D)
And I'm not sure about the exact breakdown, but in the top 8, I think only 2 or 3 had buys.

I'll post my list tomorrow when I wake up mid-afternoon. I think everyone I played was mono-smugglers except one that had the prep for battle pod and some other differences (I think still Dash and Freeloaders). I had a Leia fun deck that I love but will probably never play in a tournament again.
  • colsanders likes this

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

TO said he'd be posting them but I can probably give you Josh and maybe Brad's decks off the top of my head when I wake up.

Depending on how his Finals went I was the only mono-Smuggler to deal his Scum deck a loss.

brad beat it in the finals.

Brad won game 1 with S&S, then Josh won game 2 with S&S, then Josh played S&S again in the tie breaker and won again. All yellow cards.

I don't think scum is any better than it was a few months ago tbh. Bottom line is the yellow cards are far and away the best cards, and scum is the 1 faction that can hold them off long enough with corrupt officials or even pull off a win, so that your own yellow cards can win.
  • Krey likes this

ScottENJ

ScottENJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
They true drew on the dial to force game three?

Jarrett

Jarrett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

They true drew on the dial to force game three?

Have you been awake this whole time or did you just wake up? Because if you just woke up, we were promised some lists afterwards. =P

ScottENJ

ScottENJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
I'm still awake. We got home at 4:30, I can't sleep.

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

I don't think scum is any better than it was a few months ago tbh. Bottom line is the yellow cards are far and away the best cards, and scum is the 1 faction that can hold them off long enough with corrupt officials or even pull off a win, so that your own yellow cards can win.

This sounds about right. I think Scum can answer the sleuth and freeholder questions in the same deck which the other two factions might struggle to do. Obviously corrupt officials go a long way to prolonging the game, and their pod gives some much needed resources.

As for Boba Fett. His 2 health is much less of a problem if no-one is running Rebel Assault, though you still need to win edge. While his pod might not be the greatest Fett himself is a dangerous defensive threat if you can keep him alive.

It's awesome to see him in a winning, but was Fett making a difference or was it the armour and blaster on other characters?

colsanders

colsanders

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

It's awesome to see him in a winning, but was Fett making a difference or was it the armour and blaster on other characters?

In the top 8 game I got to see some of, Fett was capturing characters quite a bit, the Outer Rim Scout was doing quite a bit of damage attacking. Jabba was the one doing a lot of the fun stuff, dropped a bounty and some mandalorian armor on himself. Fett did end up getting his armor on, then it's just silly.

Congrats to both Josh and Brad, great way to open up Regional season with a three game final. Now I'm just hoping I can get out to Plainfield!