Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

GTG Call of Cthulhu Store Championship 2014

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

LordTeacup

LordTeacup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Sunday June 29th at 12pm
£5 Entry
Prize Pool is the full Champ Kit.

Story Deck - Shifting Sands.

Our facebook link to the event.

https://www.facebook...94416174061119/

++ IMPORTANT ++

Interstellar Migration is BANNED for this event

NuFenix

NuFenix

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts
It's a Saturday? Arse. No can do :(

LordTeacup

LordTeacup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Damn.

NuFenix

NuFenix

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts
Best of luck with it Eddy - Expect to hear good things afterwards, and update on the RC / fake nats afterwards.

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

Saturday's a pain but I'll be there. I've booked the Friday off work so I'll still get my weekend.

Skelton

Skelton

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2084 posts

Typically I wont be able to make this either. :(

Hope to make any future events though.

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

It looks like the date has changed to the 29th.

LordTeacup

LordTeacup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Yup.  Date change.  We were way to ambitious with our plans immediately after the Expo and have had to change it.  The sign ups indicate that it was only locals that were put out so I hope that's the case.

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

Well I'm put out, but like teacup says I'm ONLY a local ;)

Cthulhu events are like ninjas, it's very hard to spot one and when you do its like hitting a moving target.

I was all set for a day of gaming this weekend. I've got my deck list together, my snacks and drinks are sorted, I booked a day off work to give me a long weekend, I got the thumbs up from the wife. I was even guaranteed a top 4 place (my best ever). Well Lord teacup you've pooped on my plans, what else have you got for me to do this weekend?

If more people can make it in a few weeks then delaying its a good thing.

NuFenix

NuFenix

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts
The fact it has moved to a Sunday means I should be able to do this. Might be able to persuade Neil to travel up from London as well, so long as I can make him a good deck.

Skelton

Skelton

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2084 posts

I believe I can make the 29th and hopefully will have Nate and Rob Hayes with me. Neither of them play the game but both enjoy the mechanics and love how it plays. 

Fingers crossed.

LordTeacup

LordTeacup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Just a heads up to let you all know that the 29th is looking pretty solid now.  Looking forward to seeing you all.  Its going to be great to finally get some Cthulhu vibe in the store and our key desire is for people to have FUN.  

I've got the Champ kit and promo's besides so everyone will get something regardless of position. 

VonWibble

VonWibble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2996 posts
I'm interested, just to check what I need - my deck, story deck, wound/success tokens, domain drain marker thingies - anything else? Story Board?

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

Deck list and excuses.

• LordTeacup likes this

LordTeacup

LordTeacup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Yeah bring your usual kit.  Don't worry if you don't have the Story cards from Shifting Sands as we will proxy those for you.

VonWibble

VonWibble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2996 posts

Deck list and excuses.

Well, yes, I felt that went without saying!

Just to get my excuses out of the way - I have played less than 5 games and no competitive games.

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

That's the same as me so at least you'll get one fair fight.

Whizzwang

Whizzwang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Gentlemen.

Last night i put the Y-Train together. 

I have absolutely no intention of playing it, however it's coming with me in case someone else decides to bring it. 

Unnamable

Unnamable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

One of our regulars has been testing various versions of Y-Train since our Store Championship months ago. He has had considerable success with it and we are sure he will be playing some version of it at our Regional tomorrow. We will hopefully be well prepared and have some chance of stopping it!  :unsure:

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

One of our regulars has been testing various versions of Y-Train since our Store Championship months ago. He has had considerable success with it and we are sure he will be playing some version of it at our Regional tomorrow. We will hopefully be well prepared and have some chance of stopping it!  :unsure:

just let him win, we wan't to see more restricted haha