Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

GTG Call of Cthulhu Store Championship 2014

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Skelton

Skelton

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2082 posts
Wasn't sure I could make the next event due to it being my missus's birthday. Luckily she knows not to come between me and my hobbies and has said I can go.

See you guys there.

Doc

Doc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Welcome to the hall of dark and slithering things.

Is Steve here somewhere then?

HomerJ

HomerJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Here's the Silver Twilight deck I was using: 

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Call of Cthulhu Deckbuilder

Total Cards: (55)

Character: (36)
3x Recruiter for the Lodge (TOotST) 
2x Lord Jeffrey Farrington (TOotST) 
3x Black Dog (WoP) 
3x Initiate of Huang Hun (CotJE) 
2x Josef Meiger (DotU) 
3x Guardian of Dawn (TiV) 
1x Adept of the Second Order (TbtA) 
2x Rich Widow (PT) 
3x Lodge Neophyte (LR) 
2x Sarah Van Shaw (WoP) 
3x B. Ramsdale Brown (TKatG) 
1x The Claret Knight (SoK) 
2x Knight of the Outer Void (TOotST) 
3x Failed Initiate (TOotST) 
1x Carl Stanford (SoK) 
1x Dr. Baker (TTB) 
1x Dirk Sharpe (TBJ) 

Support: (10)
3x Hermetic Seal (TiV) 
3x Ice Shaft (NN) 
2x Ritual of Exclusion (TUP) 
1x Ritual of Inferno (TWC) 
1x The Doorway (TBJ) 

Event: (9)
3x Hanyatl's 1:9 (SoK) 
3x Eldritch Nexus (Core) 
3x You Know Too Much (TOotST) 

Conspiracy: (0)

I've been messing around with a STL list for quite a while, and have started playing with your list now too.  Any insight on the list?

• Whizzwang likes this

Whizzwang

Whizzwang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

It's basically a lot of tricksy combo stuff. 

Ideally seeing a You Know Too Much in your opening hand is your best start - such a massive delay tactics in turn 1.

Ramsdale is the MAN in this deck and he does most of the legwork. 

Early game I use him to play 3 or 4 eldritch nexus to get to 6 doamins and use Huang Initiate to stall out while I get them loaded with resources.

You basically just want to clear their side of the table before stories and send in 1 investigate guy to each to mop up. 

Ramsdale + 2 Ice Shafts is INSANE! As follows: 

Use ice shaft - kill a guy

play ice shaft - return ice shaft from bin - use ice shaft - kill a guy

play ice shaft - return ice shaft from bin - use ice shaft - kill a guy 

story phase - attack with Ramsdale - return him with Doorway (which i now run 3 of since it's bonkers good)

Rinse and repeat

If that's not your thing or it's too slow, you can also go toe to toe with rush decks, Hermetic Seal / Guardian of Dawn are fantastic early drops for a fast game.

Couple of rituals to get back all your guys vs Kopesh Decks.

It holds it's own against the Train too. They can't do much when you keep removing all their arcane guys and match them symbol for symbol. You can add a couple more of the 3 book guys if you see a lot of train locally I guess. 

• HomerJ likes this

HomerJ

HomerJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

1)  It's basically a lot of tricksy combo stuff. 

2)  Ramsdale is the MAN in this deck and he does most of the legwork. 

3)  Ramsdale - return him with Doorway (which i now run 3 of since it's bonkers good)

4)  It holds it's own against the Train too. They can't do much when you keep removing all their arcane guys and match them symbol for symbol. You can add a couple more of the 3 book guys if you see a lot of train locally I guess. 

1)  THAT'S why I like the team so much, and your card-choices are crazy.

2)  B.R.B. (makes me laugh every time) is sooooo good.  I like making him go insane.  Bye-bye Fate counters!

3)  Doorway is garba. . . wait . . .  **brain explodes**

4)  One of the main reasons I started looking closer at your deck was that it appeared to do an excellent job of controlling the train.  Doesn't help too much on the return operations phase, but if you can always be ahead on characters they should have a hard time winning an Arcane challenge, right?

My list splashes Hastur so I can play/recur Power Drain and Apeirophobia, as well as use the Lunatics for more control.  But mono seems to run more smoothly.  Didn't think about playing Nexus and Doorway in that way . . . 

Whizzwang

Whizzwang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

If you're splashing Hastur, you want Byakhee Attack - throw that 3 or 4 times a turn and it's game over.

This was originally going to be a Hastur/STL combo but I wanted to push purer STL as I haven't seen many decent ones. 

• HomerJ likes this

HomerJ

HomerJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Man, if someone played Byakhee Attack on me 2+ times in a turn, I might forget this is supposed to be fun game . . . .

LordTeacup

LordTeacup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

In most games my opponents hand was down to draw only within 2-3 turns, having Byakhee attack from the off was a real sweetener.

• HomerJ likes this

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1047 posts

For those of you who missed it, the thread for the GTG CoC regional (August 30th) is in the AGOT forum.

LordTeacup

LordTeacup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Yeah.  I need to fix that...