Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Preview - Deployment and Planets

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Asklepios

Asklepios

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 5433 posts

Will be curious to see if, with time, it'll be more that just the 10 planets that come with the core game that make up the battlefield, or if there'll be any way to actively customise this.

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts

My guess it will be only 10 planets. These 10 planets represent a "system" I think they called it Traxis. So what I am expecting is that we play on these planets. Then sometime in the future, maybe a year or more even... a expansion will come out adding a "new sector" and this will have 10-12 new planets. This new planet deck will replace the old one.. so you can play the Traxis Sector, or the "x" sector.

Going to a new sector would be a great way to introduce entire new factions or sub factions like Elder Clans or SM Chapters... 

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

The method Tragic describes is pretty much how they do it with Call of Cthulhu, a new set of "story" cards comes out to replace the old set.

In casual play of course you can mix them however you want but only the current set is used for official tournaments and I think it's likely that Conquest will use the same method.