Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Louisville Regionals @ Something 2 Do Games 6-28-14

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

kamacausey

kamacausey

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Anyone from the boards going to be able to make it to the Louisville regionals? Should be good times as usual! I hope to see y'all there!

• kaine82 likes this

Greynomad38

Greynomad38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

For Store Championships we had eleven!  Come and make this the largest CoC Regional in the country!

Yipe

Yipe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Eleven for a Store Championship is fantastic!  That might have been the biggest in the US.

Good luck on your regional, the Portland meta will try to give you a run for your money on biggest turnout :)

• kamacausey likes this

kamacausey

kamacausey

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
Logan, who from the Louisville crew will be there?

cparadis

cparadis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I know, Steve, Leon, and I are all planning on playing at the regional.
  • Greynomad38 and kaine82 like this

Greynomad38

Greynomad38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Plus Bruce and I.  Scott is a maybe.  We've a newish player, Jason, that I hope can make it.  He and I played a couple of years ago but then stopped due to other commitments.  Then when I started CoC regularly he was busy on Wednesdays.  Switched to Tuesdays so both he and Scott could make it.  He's been playing for about a month now but he only just found his cards and used them last week for the first time.  Hopefully he can develop a deck he's confident in by regionals.  Also had someone from Lexington (about an hour or so away for non-Kentuckians) who posted a while back he enjoys the game.  Hoping he can make it as well.

kamacausey

kamacausey

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Awesome! There should be 4 of us from Owensboro! Lets make this the biggest regional of the season!

Yipe

Yipe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Awesome! There should be 4 of us from Owensboro! Lets make this the biggest regional of the season!

Them's there fightin' words!

The Pacific NW's Malignant and Servile Order of Cultists isn't about to let some Southern ghouls break Portland's 2-year winning streak as the biggest Regional Championship in North America.  Consider our mythos robes thrown (fortunately it's warm today, or I'd be a bit chilly).

• HappyDD and kamacausey like this

kamacausey

kamacausey

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Bring it Yipe! Y'all innsmouth troublemakers are no match for us Kentuckians!

• Yipe likes this

Yipe

Yipe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
Haha, indeed the NW players have a penchant for Deep One themed decks. I have no idea why, but they show up at just about every tournament. Something fishy going on...

Hopefully you backwoods Black Goat-worshiping Forest Sisters don't fillet us!
  • kamacausey likes this

kamacausey

kamacausey

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

So, let's get a visual head count for our regional so yipe and his fellow deep ones can see how many they will be getting beat by. I'll start us out:

1. Myself-Chase
2. Brent
3. Justin
4. Eric
5. Woodrow

When you say who else is coming just add to the number with the persons name. I'll keep a running total here in this thread. Let's make FFG poop their pants when they see the size of this regional.

• Yipe likes this

kamacausey

kamacausey

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Not everyone chime in here at once! :-)

BeldVanGuard

BeldVanGuard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

The odds are low, but me and some of my OH players are considering trying to "Double Dip" and attend this after our Dayton event. 
Between lives, families, school, pets, and my inability to drive long distances safely, it's gonna be tricky to work out, but our new OH cult is considering swinging by. We'll call ahead if we work something out. We've been averaging 8 people every Wed, and have about 12 players total, so we're off to a good start! 

• kamacausey likes this

BeldVanGuard

BeldVanGuard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Eleven for a Store Championship is fantastic!  That might have been the biggest in the US.

Good luck on your regional, the Portland meta will try to give you a run for your money on biggest turnout :)

We had 9 I believe, Im expecting 15+ next year, bringing the competition! 

Greynomad38

Greynomad38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Eight persons for a local meta is fantastic!  We max out a four here but I'm working on it!   We actually have about six or so total players locally but two can't make the weekly CoC meetup. 

Greynomad38

Greynomad38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

6.  Logan (me)

7.  Charles

8.  Leon

9.  Steve

10.  Bruce

Two Maybes:  Jason and Scott, which would put us up to 12.  If the Ohio gang shows up we can give the Portland Fish Eyes a run for their money.

• kamacausey and BeldVanGuard like this

Unnamable

Unnamable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

I work saturdays with no chance of getting the day off but I know that at least 1 of the Dayton crew is planning on attending. Perhaps if the Northern Ohio crew can get down this way he'll be willing to car pool'em to your neck of the woods? I'll touch base with him and will let you know what he says.

GO WHATELEYS OF APPALACHIA!!!

• Yipe likes this

Greynomad38

Greynomad38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

11.  Zack Wisner

Unnamable

Unnamable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

The player in question is attending a wedding and won't make it down.

cparadis

cparadis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Don't know if I can convince any new players to play.