Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Star Wars Microchat- strategy, thoughts, musings

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

Majestaat

Majestaat

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

That's been my issue with Speeders. Been playing them since Attack Pattern Delta came out. Smashed everyone, told them "Hey, just use Force Shockwave". Got r***d. Now I have to deal with Storm as well. Sad but exciting days. My little gray cells are working at 100%.

SeeThreebilbo

SeeThreebilbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts

Aaaah, it's been too long since I've seen a Poirot reference!

...or read an Agatha Christie, for that matter.

darthbs

darthbs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1063 posts

So would you say everyones focusing on a Sith meta again, i'm trying to mix up with my navy/scum deck to see if it has some alternative answers to the newer stuff.

LethalHobo

LethalHobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts

So would you say everyones focusing on a Sith meta again, i'm trying to mix up with my navy/scum deck to see if it has some alternative answers to the newer stuff.

I think so.  At least, my take from this past weekend's regional was that Sith was dominant, but, Navy wasn't too far behind.  IMO, I feel like every faction has a viable deck build (even more so than before) and while Sith may be easier to play, the other factions (Navy and scum) are equally as good, just maybe harder to play.

• Majestaat likes this

SeeThreebilbo

SeeThreebilbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts

I've always found Scum a little easier to play than Navy.  I guess because I don't like to go all out aggressive. 

romo

romo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Thing is with han's set is that its not just han that is good. His entire set is easily one of the top sets on the game still IMO. The objective is amazing with the wookie protectors and chewie, Han himself is an amazing unit, the chud is one of the best chuds with its all black tactics and blaster, even though its vulnerable to chokes (but thats what we run protection for), swindled AND crossfire are silly good and have won many games for me. To top all that goodness off, we get a resource too, i'm still all in on that set.

The set i have largely dropped is the lando set. With only a single copy of the freeholders, trust me into the false report isn't very consistent (and i think its a ***** ruling anyways), and there are some bad cards in his set as well. While Lando's ability can be pretty awesome, always having to save at least 1, if not 2 resources to use for your turn and his turn can be problematic often times.

i have been messing around with a deck recently that has been pretty good and fun to play.

2x commando operations
2x han
2x chewie
2x falcon
1x freeholders
1x echo caverns

commando operations is just an amazing set and REALLY punishes the DS for using fate cards or just completely stops them from using them.

I like that deck list, but I don't know if I like the 1x false report. I'd rather run something else so I could use rebel affiliation.

darthbs

darthbs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1063 posts

I think thats a misconception, with a little help, navy can do a good job at controlling before they have their aggressive push. I'm looking forward to the navy set in it binds all things to see what alternate effects it has for fate cards and a possible crix counter.

Majestaat

Majestaat

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

False Report aside (and probably My Ally is the Force... don't own K&D yet), Navy has all the potential to do well.

I feel Scum has become quite stronger, but is still rather forced to play defensively (Toq demonstrated this isn't necessarily true, but I feel it is easier and you have more tools to play defensively).

Sith is still all around too good and now have different options to choose from, instead of the classic Vader/Palp/Counsel.

• SeeThreebilbo likes this

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

I like that deck list, but I don't know if I like the 1x false report. I'd rather run something else so I could use rebel affiliation.

yeah i originally was running 2x command ops and 2x forward recon and didn't really like forward recon, but now that you mention it, i think i have been running it illegally with rebel affiliation.  when i changed out forward recon, i totally forgot to change affiliations, so yeah, freeholders will be coming out now

i kind of want to keep echo caverns in.  I really miss that set and after playing with it a lot lately, i remember why.   echo caverns is just crazy good still (probably always will be), and renegade squad is such a good control unit.

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

Han's set is definitely good.  Not disputing that.   I think we can all agree that the yellow cards are good.  Unfortunately, short of running lots of 1 of sets, something has to go every once in awhile.  I tend to leave Lando's set in for Trust Me as much as anything and, as Justin mentioned before, Saboteur is good right now, especially since it can eliminate those Tech Lab variant resources that every affiliation now has.

• BrianV likes this

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts
Random thought. Every set in K&D is amazing. Probably my favorite Force Pack.

I think the whole Sith dominance tends to be a US thing. We've got a much wider spread here and if anything are Navy and Scum heavy rather than Sith. Course having said that I am working on a Sith with scum deck, typical 6/4 split with Sith affiliation card.

Metal Death Star dial would be awesome. I love that Force coin.
  • Budgernaut and darthbs like this

darthbs

darthbs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1063 posts

Talking of tech labs, has anyone considered running multiple afilliations worth of those types of resource.

I had ideas to run, dark trooper project with, the slave trade, potential for crazy resource, but potential for bad draw, what do you think.

romo

romo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

yeah i originally was running 2x command ops and 2x forward recon and didn't really like forward recon, but now that you mention it, i think i have been running it illegally with rebel affiliation. when i changed out forward recon, i totally forgot to change affiliations, so yeah, freeholders will be coming out now

i kind of want to keep echo caverns in. I really miss that set and after playing with it a lot lately, i remember why. echo caverns is just crazy good still (probably always will be), and renegade squad is such a good control unit.

I don't think I have ever regretted adding echo caverns to my deck.
  • LethalHobo likes this

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

Talking of tech labs, has anyone considered running multiple afilliations worth of those types of resource.

I had ideas to run, dark trooper project with, the slave trade, potential for crazy resource, but potential for bad draw, what do you think.

I'm using Slave Trade and Plans of the Prophetess together.
  • BrianV and darthbs like this

SeeThreebilbo

SeeThreebilbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts

Metal Death Star?  Yes.

Metal shuriken Death Star?  Even more yes.

I also think that this is an amazing pack.  I just looked through mine for the first time a few minutes ago.  I've known about all the previews for a long time, but it always starts to click for me the most when I get the actual cards.  Weird.

Magpieman

Magpieman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

I am absolutely gutted the new force pack won't be available for the next London regional on Sunday, so many ideas, and so many plans ruined...

It does mean me and a friend are having to go over old archetypes before Dasholders, and stress testing them against standard sith, which I am fairly sick of playing with and against. Also having to split one set of cards between two people and still come out with viable and strong decks is interesting, biggest bugbear is letting go of the Falcon. 

So anyone got any fun decks sans Falcon that are still consistent? We've found both Sleuths and Speeders get a tad stuck without optimum objective draw

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts
Try Sleuths with new Dash added in. His objective gives them a boost too in case you don't see Anoat. I tried it the other day and still winning on turn two.
  • GroggyGolem likes this

SeeThreebilbo

SeeThreebilbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts

I am absolutely gutted the new force pack won't be available for the next London regional on Sunday, so many ideas, and so many plans ruined...

It does mean me and a friend are having to go over old archetypes before Dasholders, and stress testing them against standard sith, which I am fairly sick of playing with and against. Also having to split one set of cards between two people and still come out with viable and strong decks is interesting, biggest bugbear is letting go of the Falcon. 

So anyone got any fun decks sans Falcon that are still consistent? We've found both Sleuths and Speeders get a tad stuck without optimum objective draw

That's really a shame.  Good luck to you.

Demas

Demas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Random musing: Why can't I get my Team Covenant blogs to post?  I have a rough outline, but I want some charts and math to back it up... essentially the premise is "Start Taking and Holding The Force Light Side!"  LS has been given a lot more tools to do it and the thrust is that it can be mathematically sound to take the Force rather than mostly attacking each turn as has become the norm for most LS decks (besides Jedi).

I have a feeling certain players have figured this out already and wish I had the time to write and polish this sooner, but too much Real Life in the way!

• SeeThreebilbo likes this

SeeThreebilbo

SeeThreebilbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts

My favorite deck is pure Jedi control, and I try to hold on to the force all the time.  There's the extra one damage and giving yourself extra time.  It just seems like a solid strategy.

However, I'm not a detail guy and think mostly intuitively, so some math and solid logical points/techniques would be a big help.  I can't wait to read your article.