Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Join us or Die Spoilers

* - - - - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

Ruleof2

Ruleof2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

I could not disagree with this statement more.....

I agree. A good spread of cancel event effects over all factions doesn't mean they can't be played. People may not use them if their in sub par pods for one. And it also just makes you have to play smarter if you really expect to be countered. I don't really think there will be a lot of counters to go around even if they do add some in.

KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1890 posts
Yeah if they want to spend cards canceling my events that means more edge battle wins for me. :) not to mention canceling cancels. I like a game of thrones but I feel like sometimes I get stuck against an opponent who just cancels everything I play that becomes no fun. I don't think Star Wars would have this issue.

Saej

Saej

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Smuggler's Den posted that their 'spoiler episode' should be up tonight or tomorrow!  Yay!

• chunkygorillas and SeeThreebilbo like this

SeeThreebilbo

SeeThreebilbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts

Awesome!  But now I want waffles...ffffffffffffffffffffffffff

• chunkygorillas likes this

Caal

Caal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
It's on! And it's pretty good!

http://www.cardgamed...episode-29-r309

Text :

Scum spoiler:

Scavengers
Scum Objectice
1 Ressource
5 Capacity
Tatooine
Réaction : After this objective enters play, destroy all unit in play

Wittin
Unique Scum Unit
3 Cost
2 Force Icon
1 Ressource
1 Black Unit, 1 Black Objective, 1 White Tactic
3 Health
Character, Scavenger
While this unit is commited to the Force, it cannot be damaged or destroyed
Forced Réaction : After you loose a Force Struggle, remove this unit from the Force if able.

Jabba Scrap Dealers
Neutral Unit
2 Cost
1 Force Icon
1 Black Unit, 1 White Objective
1 Health
Character, Scavenger
Réaction : After a friendly unit is destroyed, put this unit into play from your hand

Jabba Scrap Dealers
Neutral Unit
2 Cost
1 Force Icon
1 Black Unit, 1 White Objective
1 Health
Character, Scavenger
Réaction : After a friendly unit is destroyed, put this unit into play from your hand

Watchful Eyes
Scum Event
0 Cost
1 Force Icon
Action : Look at the top 2 cards of an objective deck. You may move one of those cards to the bottom of its deck. Return the other cards to the top of its deck in any order

Seeds of Decay
Fate card
2 Force Icons
You may place 1 focus token on a target ready unit that is committed to the Force.
  • hundreds likes this

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Meh, it's ok.  i'm somewhat disappointed tbh, was hoping for Wittin to buff other jawas, and witten himself is not really a good candidate for force commital since he only has 2 bubs and isn't elite.  

The chuds are decent.  Again, a bit disappointed that they don't go into play upon a friendly unit leaving play, and instead they are specifically worded with destroyed which means no synergy with the other jawas, or swindled etc etc (unless it caal has it worded wrong...)   i would probably say the chuds are my favorite part of the set since you can get them for free. but i'm not enamored with the set at all so thats not saying much.

the event we have already seen and goes along with the objective, although i feel like a DS board wipe is less powerful than a LS board wipe, although i am glad the units are destroyed and not just returned to hand, at least then your opponent won't just redeploy his heavy hitters the next turn.  I can see where it might be good late in the game, if the dial is higher enough to where you can take out an objective or two and win, but since your units are destroyed too, this might be tough to do often times.

Seeds of decay is a great fate card, but not nearly as good against LS imo, specially with gamor run and hoth gambit seeing so much play.

the objective is just a board wipe that is going to be a bit unreliable, and also blank if you draw both of them up in your starting objectives.

hundreds

hundreds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts
Good points, but I am more optimistic about the set. You gotta admit.. Scum needed more blast, and they just got it.

Demas

Demas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Five out of six cards are "played" for free.

brimmstorm

brimmstorm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts
I wish it had something other than Seeds but other than that I like it. I hope they put a Seeds in the Yoda pod though.

sellout23

sellout23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
The objective is good. Forcing the light side to spread damage is never bad. It also combos well with Deploy the Fleet and Phase Two. Possibly giving you control of when the board wipe goes off.

Wittin is meh. His best use is likely soaking unopposed and surviving board wipes.

I like the free units. Their easy to get in play and have blast.

Watchful eyes is less useful with false report essentially banned.

Seeds is better now that gamor run is a thing.

I think this a x1 pod that you want your opponent to know about. As it could buy you an extra turn or two.
  • yodaman likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

If I'm reading this right, it seems like if Witten is committed to the force, he would actually survive if the Scavengers objective flips up.  What do others think?

Edit- just noticed sellout23 said that as well.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts
Yes he would.
  • yodaman likes this

Toggle

Toggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts
Unbreakable Jawa!

hundreds

hundreds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts
This pod would mix well with the dark trooper project and scouring the Empire. Jerec can flip witten on and off of the force, and I think echoes of the force would also work well.

The dark trooper project would make witten elite.

KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1890 posts

This slots pretty well into a Sith deck with the new upcoming objective as well. You may be able to control when the objective comes out a bit.

SeeThreebilbo

SeeThreebilbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts

Unbreakable Jawa!

He's made of Teflon! 

I like the set.  Not sure if I'll have a use for it in my Scum deck, though.  Certainly wouldn't be more than one.

Majestaat

Majestaat

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

Not bad, but I expected more. Still, could work well in my TIE swarm deck.

hundreds

hundreds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts

I'm thinking about tossing it into a trooper deck.

chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

This pod would mix well with the dark trooper project and scouring the Empire. Jerec can flip witten on and off of the force, and I think echoes of the force would also work well.

The dark trooper project would make witten elite.

You would have to be running tri affiliation then sadly, but if you could manage it I think it would be pretty good.

I was really hoping this set would have had more synergy with tat crash.

SeeThreebilbo

SeeThreebilbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts

You would have to be running tri affiliation then sadly, but if you could manage it I think it would be pretty good.

I was really hoping this set would have had more synergy with tat crash.

Me, too.  Beefing up the Jawas would have been cool, but oh well.  It looks more like it's designed to work with something like The Slave Trade, but there's so few Force icons that I'm not sure how well it would do.  I'm a bit disappointed.  It's not bad, but I'm not really sure that I can say it's 'good' either.