Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Join us or Die Spoilers

* - - - - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

KingWing

KingWing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Shi Cho training's stock just went up

Pipes

Pipes

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 156 posts

Core Yoda, Join Us or Die Yoda, and Between the Shadows Yoda. The Tri-Yoda deck. It's gonna be a thing.

sellout23

sellout23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Thanks for the spoilers. How many force icons on that event?

I'm loving the Nudj. A free force holding unit that ticks the dial down. Should fit nicely into a gamor run deck.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

How many force icons on that event?

One

KingWing

KingWing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Delete

brimmstorm

brimmstorm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts
I like that DS has to think about attacking now that the LS can slow the dial in a variety of ways.

Majestaat

Majestaat

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

Not a whole lot of blast damage in the new Jedi pod, but it sure gives them more time to prepare and do their stuff.

Gets my seal of approval, plus an additional special seal for being the missing link in my "Never attack" LS deck.

brimmstorm

brimmstorm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Not a whole lot of blast damage in the new Jedi pod, but it sure gives them more time to prepare and do their stuff.

Gets my seal of approval, plus an additional special seal for being the missing link in my "Never attack" LS deck.

Jedi have the only LS unit with 3 black blast, they also have the only unit with 4 white blast. They have plenty of blast if you want to go that route. Jedi to me are more about controlling the board and doing small amounts of blast damage while clearing the way for your heavy hitters.

• SeeThreebilbo likes this

Majestaat

Majestaat

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

Yet they are arguably the slowest LS faction.

I agree with your statement and like how Jedi plays, but they do depend on those bigger, unique heavy hitters that you sometimes just can't deploy early. Guess I want to see something like weaker Gotals that aren't so conditional, but that might be asking for too much.

Jarrett

Jarrett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Yet they are arguably the slowest LS faction.

I agree with your statement and like how Jedi plays, but they do depend on those bigger, unique heavy hitters that you sometimes just can't deploy early. Guess I want to see something like weaker Gotals that aren't so conditional, but that might be asking for too much.

Just play with Gotals and Along the Gamor Run. I've been playing the two together with Forgotten Heroes and I never have a problem activating them - or usually winning before the dial goes past 4. 

Also, with the new set revealed, this is where I'm going to start testing as soon as I get my pack:

2x May the Force Be With You
2x A Hero's Journey
2x Forgotten Heroes
2x Along the Gamor Run
1x Self Preservation
1x Against All Odds

6 Resources, 5 Objectives that help take the force, and 5 cards in the main deck that do the same. Also, you get some card filtering with Holding All the Cards x2 and Forgotten Heroes gives you a bit of card advantage. I think with this Yoda you just commit him to the force and call it a day - if you keep him back for keeping the force and for blocking you're going to end with good tiebreakers for sure. Also, just like Hired Hands, he has similar stats (although you're paying 2 extra for the longevity, extra 4 force icons, and the extra blasters; worth it for sure).

• LethalHobo likes this

LethalHobo

LethalHobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Just play with Gotals and Along the Gamor Run. I've been playing the two together with Forgotten Heroes and I never have a problem activating them - or usually winning before the dial goes past 4. 

Also, with the new set revealed, this is where I'm going to start testing as soon as I get my pack:

2x May the Force Be With You
2x A Hero's Journey
2x Forgotten Heroes
2x Along the Gamor Run
1x Self Preservation
1x Against All Odds

6 Resources, 5 Objectives that help take the force, and 5 cards in the main deck that do the same. Also, you get some card filtering with Holding All the Cards x2 and Forgotten Heroes gives you a bit of card advantage. I think with this Yoda you just commit him to the force and call it a day - if you keep him back for keeping the force and for blocking you're going to end with good tiebreakers for sure. Also, just like Hired Hands, he has similar stats (although you're paying 2 extra for the longevity, extra 4 force icons, and the extra blasters; worth it for sure).

I have a similar build in mind.  I'm going to go with 

2x Echoes Yoda

2x Luke

2x Gamor

2x Self Pres

1x Watchers

1x Kyle

Might swap out a gotal pod for a Dash.  Seems pretty strong.  Guess we'll find out tonight :P

SeeThreebilbo

SeeThreebilbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts

If I had a gif of Carlos Mencia going Dee Dee Dee I put that here.

Now you have to go get one.  :P

SmokeyJ

SmokeyJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

The Nudj is Neutral, right?

LethalHobo

LethalHobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts

The Nudj is Neutral, right?

Yeah.

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2215 posts

Im excited for this set.  Wittin's pod will be a great time.  With Watchful Eyes being in the pool, do you think we will see the restriction lifted?  It stops False Report pretty much in its tracks. 

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Im excited for this set. Wittin's pod will be a great time. With Watchful Eyes being in the pool, do you think we will see the restriction lifted? It stops False Report pretty much in its tracks.

The false report objective has zero to do with the restriction. The point of the restriction is to stop players from being able to play multiple freeholders (and possibly more) for very cheap or even free, through the use of holding all the cards on top of making the combo fairly easy to pull off with all that card draw.

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

Im excited for this set.  Wittin's pod will be a great time.  With Watchful Eyes being in the pool, do you think we will see the restriction lifted?  It stops False Report pretty much in its tracks. 

No, the restricted list should not be changed. We dont need more good yellow cards in the Gamor Run decks.

Dash, Gamor Run, Freeholders, Falcon, Chewie would be too retarded.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

False Report the objective wasn't really what most were complaining about. The complaint was that Holding All the Cards plus Freeholders was "broken". 

Scavengers the objective could be a punishment for those decks as they were quite aggressive and if the DS flips this up would clear the LS board but if they win by taking out 3 in one turn it doesn't matter. 

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

Watchful Eyes would probably get shut down by Trust Me anyway.

commonenemy

commonenemy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

anyone have images for jedi?