Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

House Bannerman Friends & Fav OOH Cards?

- - - - - jank shagga poll idea fun casual discussion strategy

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

happyred

happyred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Hey Guys,

Been quietly observing for sometime here, some of you may know me, As Jade, HappyRed, spektra in AGOT Skype / OCTGN

I've wanted to ask this question for general consideration.

1st.  What would be some great targets for House Bannerman in your opinion? which sorta leads into my next question.

2nd. What is your favorite card to play OOH? Maybe not now even or just at one point?

VonWibble

VonWibble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2996 posts
Newly Made Lord, Arys Oakheart, Jorio are all ones I'd consider. Hand Eddard for Bara.

Events Bob and Luwin for DWDW (Edmure to a lesser extent too).

widowmaker93

widowmaker93

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1418 posts
Favorite cards to play OOH...

Asha (non-kneeler) - she's great as a closer for houses that lack one like Targ.

Aegon's Hill - hillarious OOH in Greyjoy and Bara. The former because it's ridiculously cheap with Refurbished Hulk and you can now stand it with Great Wyk. The latter because putting The King's Ground on it is really fun.

Pyromancer's Cache - draw!

Lion's Gate in Stark with Cancel Eddard - repeatable card draw or even just discard some power from an opponent's character.

I'll second the Luwin, Oakheart, Jorah, and Daario.
  • agktmte likes this

theamazingmrg

theamazingmrg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts
Dorne for any theme deck!

scantrell24

scantrell24

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3041 posts

Lanni's Iron Throne, new Daenarys

• agktmte likes this

agktmte

agktmte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1294 posts

Favorite cards to play OOH...

Asha (non-kneeler) - she's great as a closer for houses that lack one like Targ.

Aegon's Hill - hillarious OOH in Greyjoy and Bara. The former because it's ridiculously cheap with Refurbished Hulk and you can now stand it with Great Wyk. The latter because putting The King's Ground on it is really fun.

Pyromancer's Cache - draw!

Lion's Gate in Stark with Cancel Eddard - repeatable card draw or even just discard some power from an opponent's character.

I'll second the Luwin, Oakheart, Jorah, and Daario.

On the flip side of this, I would strongly consider Great Wyk OOH now.

• widowmaker93 likes this

Kennon

Kennon

Podcast Editor

• Small Council
  • 1487 posts

Newly Made Lord all day long.

• OKTarg likes this

uBaHoB

uBaHoB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

I like the sound of Dorne and Blood orange grove OOH.

Asklepios

Asklepios

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 5433 posts

While I'll happily sing the praises of Newly Made Lord, we're talking here about 4 gold across two cards and one knelt to achieve the effect.

The reason why NML is an awesome greyjoy card is the inbuilt card advantage (play 1 card, remove 1 card = +1 card value) and the targeted board control (especially in the Harrenhal era). But if it takes you 2 cards in a combo to get there (even if Bannerman is reusable, odds are in most games you won't get to use it more than once or twice), I honestly don't think its worth it anymore.

I can see the argument that if we're running a deck that plays lots of out of house (like the ever stronger Neutral no agenda) then the Bannerman is feeding more combos than just Newly Made Lord, but in that situation I'd be looking in a different direction for location control, such as Condemned By the Council or A City Besieged. I think trying to build in such a setup-weak, icon-weak, poor strength ratio card like Newly Made Lord is a bad idea, outside of either Greyjoy or agenda that plays greyjoy without penalty.

I heartily echo some of the other suggestions though, though its a shame so many are restricted. Be great to have Cache, Pentoshi, Asha all in the same deck, and that would certainly make me strongly consider going Stark, shadow Meera, the above cards, the bannermen, and so on... That'd be one nasty deck.

VonWibble

VonWibble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2996 posts
The other thing NML brings to the table these days is a monocon with strength 3. With the recent equivalents of Spy from Starfall that's not such a bad thing. Unlike a lot of other effects his is pretty much automatic too, and can trigger in turn 1 against any non HOD non limited location. But I'd accept the best none GJ house for him is Lanni, where the Sea can reduce him. I'd rather have a character than a conditional event to remove a location in general.

agktmte

agktmte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1294 posts

I expect NML to be played OOH more often with Harrenhal now in the card pool.  I am strongly considering purchasing Tourney for the Hand again so I can get those.  My brother has the 3 from my original purchase since we split houses.

PulseGlazer

PulseGlazer

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 2389 posts

The infamy attachments. In Targ. With Beric.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jank, shagga, poll, idea, fun, casual, discussion, strategy