Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

OCTGN

• Please log in to reply
393 replies to this topic

mjllux

mjllux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello! I just got OCTGN and made a couple decks. Newer to Conquest and haven't been able to play much (About 4 paper matches). Game has been a ton of fun and i want to get some more games in! Message me on OCTGN if you want to play and can put up with my lack of knowledge with the program and the game  :D .

Username is same as forum username

Wigg

Wigg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

I just checked on Github, and the definitions for Conquest were updated 3 days ago.  I checked in the set.xml file and the Zogwort files are there.  I'm gonna download it and try it out, but it may be that it's done but just doesn't autoupdate.

Wigg

Wigg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

I was able to go to https://github.com/K...kConquest-OCTGN, click Download ZIP, extract the " af04f855-58c4-4db3-a191-45fe33381679" folder to the OCTGN/GameDatabase folder and my Conquest now has Zogwort's Curse.

I've built a deck and started up a game and everything seems to work fine.  But backed up the gamedatabase folder just in case.

steinerp

steinerp

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Good to know but until the autoupdate goes through, most opponents won't have any idea what card you are playing

Wigg

Wigg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

I've only been playing on OCTGN with a RL buddy lately anyways, I get most of my games in person at this point :)  At least it gives us hope that the module is being updated!

Wigg

Wigg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

FYI:

http://octgn.gamersj...lable-on-octgn/

Mike1977

Mike1977

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Can someone pm me a link to the images packs uncensored... ty

actually only missing last 2 warpacks

TimeZero

TimeZero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Is someone adding the new Warlords and their signature cards? it would be be cool to be able to playtest the Warlords of pack 5 and 6.

Asklepios

Asklepios

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 5433 posts

I believe the standing agreement with FFG is that cards never go onto octgn before time of general release.

steinerp

steinerp

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Uncensored packs are generally released 6 months after real release (I don't remember if cycle based or pack based).  And yes, unrelease cards are never placed before general release

TimeZero

TimeZero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

I didn't know there was a non-written rule for that, my bad. Since the Warlords were spoiled, I thought it would have been possible to at least play with them. I wasn't talking about the whole packs.

Wigg

Wigg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Technically you can just pick a warlord like Cato, back them up.  Then replace the images with the spoiled Warlord and his/her signature squad, then build a deck on OCTGN with them.  No?

BahnCalamari

BahnCalamari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Technically you can just pick a warlord like Cato, back them up.  Then replace the images with the spoiled Warlord and his/her signature squad, then build a deck on OCTGN with them.  No?

but then your opponent will show you as playing Cato.

Wigg

Wigg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

If you're testing a new warlord out, I would think that you'd need to have an opponent that is aware of that.  They could set it up too. 

Zouavez

Zouavez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

With the new OCTGN update, I lost all my warpack data. I can still see all the cards in the deckbuilder with images, but all my decks with warpack cards are invalid. Is this happening with anyone else?

Asklepios

Asklepios

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 5433 posts

Naa, working fine for me.

JohnyNFullEffect

JohnyNFullEffect

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

I just subscribed.  Probably the 3rd best decision of my life.

FedericoFasullo

FedericoFasullo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1056 posts
So yestarday I was playing against a noob. He has this total noob deck with noob cards like "Superiority". I was playing bad, I admit it, because I wanted to do all the struggles at the same time just to them more quick, it was a bad behave because, yeah, superiority needs to make struggles 1 planet at time, it works that way I know. He started a rant and call me a noob "you should do that against an Eldar player" that's what he said while he was playing Kith. Who damn plays superiority? I'll tell: noobs play superiority, ok? Anyway. At some point I started to glitch. Yup. My sh***y connection was feeling bad yesterday, so I started to disconnect from the server, this caused my dial to explode signing the 1 planet instead of 2. Then one of my card disappeared (at least for him) and he said I was "doing shady things". Yeah, like I need that to beat your noob deck.

Dear noob,
If you wil read this I want to say that It wasn't your fault, it was first my fault (because I was ignoring you could have dumb cards in your deck) and then it was fault of my connection. But, just for the records, there are no chances I will cheat on a "friendly" game. There's no point at all. I play to improve my skill, cheating will not give me anything apart for feeling a douche. I feel pity to anyone who take any sort of pleasure in winning a friendly game while cheating (especially on OCTGN!). And if you wasn't a total noob you should've known that OCTGN glitch when the connection is bad.
You had all the reason to ragequit, I don't blame you. But the next time you'll look in the mirror repeat ten (thousand) times "I'm just a noob, I need more practice", you will act like a man next time.

Sincerly

Federico Fasullo

Asklepios

Asklepios

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 5433 posts

You have my support and vibes.

I will point out, however, that lots of people use Superiority. Like that noob Killax.

• taider54 likes this

FedericoFasullo

FedericoFasullo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1056 posts

:P yeah, that was... how do you say it... ehm... excessive. 

Superiority is not a bad card but we don't use it a lot in our meta because Eldar/DE has already a bunch of good events and that card doesn't make the cut, it's more efficient just play 3 promotion a lot other command icons and spare some space for other events.

But it's a meta thing.

My apology on that I was in "rant mode".