Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

new spoilers from rogue squadron

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=5038

Once again, I'm on the fence about another scum set.
  • BrianV and chunkygorillas like this

chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
Now they just need to get stuff to the printers so we can actually enjoy these new cards...
  • Crouton, GroggyGolem and SeeThreebilbo like this

Ironswimsuit

Ironswimsuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Beat me to it. And Dannik will drink your soup for saying that. The only thing not great about this set is the advosze  only have 1hp where 2 would be rockin.Yes, the Anzat will be a big target, but he offers more disruptive options for Scum, with aggressive lockdown becoming stronger.

• Fnnrqwin and chunkygorillas like this

darthbs

darthbs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1063 posts
Possible potential for a mill strategy with that objective especially with two out. However it's going to take a unique style to get this set running well.

Another supporting fire is great. Glad to see some sets are not all about vehicles.

Ironswimsuit

Ironswimsuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Possible potential for a mill strategy with that objective especially with two out. However it's going to take a unique style to get this set running well.

Another supporting fire is great. Glad to see some sets are not all about vehicles.

I can't think of a game where mill is a real choice outside of SWCCG. It's nice, but when an objective dies, all those cards go back to the LS hand. Using Explosive Charge to nuke some resource enhancements could force more discard, which is good. Scum hits from multiple angles, but they still have a hard time disrupting in a meaningful way on every turn. I think this set can be the glue which helps make Scum easier to play for the Sith and Navy fans since it makes both of the other affiliations playstyles easier to incorporate. Also, this set can do real well with Navy, who have a hard time winning edge and have some good cards with white icons. 

• darthbs likes this

AKoresh

AKoresh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
Magic has had Turbofog, a mill deck, swing in and out of standard for years.

darthbs

darthbs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1063 posts

I can't think of a game where mill is a real choice outside of SWCCG. It's nice, but when an objective dies, all those cards go back to the LS hand. Using Explosive Charge to nuke some resource enhancements could force more discard, which is good. Scum hits from multiple angles, but they still have a hard time disrupting in a meaningful way on every turn. I think this set can be the glue which helps make Scum easier to play for the Sith and Navy fans since it makes both of the other affiliations playstyles easier to incorporate. Also, this set can do real well with Navy, who have a hard time winning edge and have some good cards with white icons.

Great points there, I wasn't thinking yet outside the box but you aced that. Your right lots of potential outside of scum. Protectors will be key to keeping the main in for the long game.

Also looks like more sith inquisitors are on there way.

chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
One of the top Cthulhu decks is a mill deck. Mill would be cool to see in the Scum faction, as long as it isn't too good, the cthulhu mill deck is broken as sh**

Letux

Letux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Looks like a fun set to use.

BrianV

BrianV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Uhh... Hidden in the Shadows? If that pod is good, Sith (and Scum) just took another hit from Jedi. But yeah, the Scum spoiler seems like another one of, you cannot have 4 units with basically no unit damage in your deck. Unless all your deck does is attack on every turn from the get go. And with one health? Not sure how that's gonna work out.

Also, the art is really weird for those Jedi cards. No Jedi in any of them.

• HoopJones likes this

Budgernaut

Budgernaut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

I'm excited to try this objective set out. After it's been out a while and people haven't seen it much, it could be quite surprising. It'll be fun to try out.

If you had two of these objectives out and four Corrupt Officials, just let them attack you without worrying about the edge, then negate the majority of the damage with Corrupt Official. All the while, you'll be capturing tons of cards.

RedSquadronK

RedSquadronK

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Why is no one talking about Independence, the Rebel Capital Ship reducer?! That's what I'm excited about, getting cheaper Home One, Liberty, and Tantive IV!!!

The Scum set is cool, if for no reason other than "The Eater of Luck" is an awesome name. Dannik is good with his solid 3 hp. And Calculated Wager seems great for trying to win an edge with something like Boba or Jabba, then when you lose go "whoops, I'll take that back!"

• CataractCowboy and Jarratt like this

BrianV

BrianV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Why is no one talking about Independence, the Rebel Capital Ship reducer?! That's what I'm excited about, getting cheaper Home One, Liberty, and Tantive IV!!!

The Scum set is cool, if for no reason other than "The Eater of Luck" is an awesome name. Dannik is good with his solid 3 hp. And Calculated Wager seems great for trying to win an edge with something like Boba or Jabba, then when you lose go "whoops, I'll take that back!"

Independence was already spoiled in the spoiler for Ready for Takeoff, the first pack. But yeah, I'm looking forward to that pod too.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

i don't think independence is getting much buzz because all those sets together don't look to be a very good deck.  I mean lets face it, navy can already do what your proposing with LS capital ships, but quite a bit better and for cheaper, and they just get wrecked with all the tactics in the game these days on the DS and LS both.

my issue with cards like calculated wager are similar to reversal of fate.  they both have 2 bubs, and often times your better off just tossing them into the edge rather than saving them turn after turn in hopes you find a good spot to use them.  lets face it, if you put this and boba fett in the edge you got 5 icons, usually thats enough to win an edge battle, but you just put boba in and theres a good chance you lose the edge.  which could be a lot more important than hanging onto fett in the first place.  So you got fett back, which only netted you a single force icon for another edge battle, or you have him to deploy nect turn.  Its ok, its not that i dislike it, but its a bit too situational for my tastes.

the chuds with a single health aren't lighting the world on fire, and honestly, I liked supporting fire a lot more before i played with the ones out of balance.  Not being able to use another fate card with supporting fire, and its single force icon kills it for me.

Jerriko, again, is decent.  nice abilty, but  his icons are the same as the new leias' and hers are all black, AND she has a great ability as well.  only difference is 1 health.  FFG always seems to think they need to shoehorn in something negative along with a positive on many of scum's cards, and that just relegates them to the non-competitive pile for me.

• BrianV likes this

Boreas

Boreas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

FFG page doesn't open :(

Boreas

Boreas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Jerriko, again, is decent.  nice abilty, but  his icons are the same as the new leias' and hers are all black..

lol, read a card

• Fnnrqwin likes this

colsanders

colsanders

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
Jerriko laughs at Lobot...wait, who doesn't?

Toots

Toots

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

yeah that scum pod could be the best, but losing edge to a jedi that has that enhancement will just net gain you sweet F all because yoda will probably kill all your units or lock them all down. 

It is good to see they know what the flaws are of scum though, but its like fixing someone that's suicidal by pushing them off the building.

Well to me at least. Can't say I've been able to play with anything in binds all things and onwards yet thanks to distribution issues.

Boreas

Boreas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

It's not that easy to lose an edge.

Teokrata

Teokrata

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

so cool set of cards, i like scums that way ;-)