Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

new spoilers from rogue squadron

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

AllTheSithDudes

AllTheSithDudes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
I'm glad they are at least trying to make scum more aggressive.

mischraum

mischraum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
In the past FFG stated that mill was not to play an important role in the game.
  • mikado likes this

KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1890 posts

Uhh... Hidden in the Shadows? If that pod is good, Sith (and Scum) just took another hit from Jedi. But yeah, the Scum spoiler seems like another one of, you cannot have 4 units with basically no unit damage in your deck. Unless all your deck does is attack on every turn from the get go. And with one health? Not sure how that's gonna work out.

Also, the art is really weird for those Jedi cards. No Jedi in any of them.

I'm confused unless the mercenary is attacking alone he'll have unit damage, so every unit in this set has unit damage, best yet if he's attacking with the main it will be a black unit damage instead of white.

It'd be insane to attack alone as a single heat will kill you. I think with the large number of cheap units in S&V this unit can be a powerhouse in some decks (assuming you can keep him alive). Those IG88 droids, and jawa's will work really nice with the chuds in this set.

also Jedi set looks to include Vima Da Boda.

From the product page we'll be getting Jedi Master Qu Rahn in pack 2, so that's two new unique Jedi units already.

There's a little blurb about interrogating prisoners with Sith on the product page for this pack as well, so maybe some more capture support for non S&V factions.

Teokrata

Teokrata

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

assassin + all edge dependent tactics like Galactic Scum or Jawa will be strong agressive lockdown, I like when DS is ofenssive

Boreas

Boreas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

lol, jawa, read a card

• Hida77 likes this

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

assassin + all edge dependent tactics like Galactic Scum or Jawa will be strong agressive lockdown, I like when DS is ofenssive

Only problem with the Jawas is that when you lose that edge battle they all go back to your hand, so I dont think the Jawas are a good combo with that set.

Elrathion

Elrathion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

I am seriously starting to wonder wether FFG wants certain pods to be used competitively. They keep putting out these "fun" pods that no1 will put in their deck.

Maybe I'm talking too early as I haven't seen all the cards and combo's yet, but it sure seems like they like to release gimmicky stuff that will get barely if at all used in a pod system.

AKoresh

AKoresh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
I agree about Calculated Wager for the time being but I think this "losing edge battles" theme is going to be expanded further for sure. Greedo's unusual synergy with Dannik is a preexisting example. If you attack with Dannik and Greedo at once and lose the edge battle your opponent could still come out a lot worse for wear. I can't wait to goof around with this set!

chiller087

chiller087

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

I am seriously starting to wonder wether FFG wants certain pods to be used competitively. They keep putting out these "fun" pods that no1 will put in their deck.
Maybe I'm talking too early as I haven't seen all the cards and combo's yet, but it sure seems like they like to release gimmicky stuff that will get barely if at all used in a pod system.

I think Scum as a whole is meant to be the "funsie-night" affiliation. They just don't have the power house sets like Falcon, Chewie, Palpatine, or an overall synergystic deck like TIEs or Sleuths to really shake up the meta.

hundreds

hundreds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts

And once again I am so glad that my enjoyment of this game does NOT depend upon playing it competitively.

• scwont and InbredJed like this

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

lol, read a card

Before you open your mouth, why don't you read a card...

It's only while attacking, and even if his icons are black WHILE ATTACKING, what do you think the myriad of hired hands and Yoda will do??

Kill or lock him down.

Try not to be a total ass when commenting on people thoughts, even though your probably the expert since you've never lost a game and won every tournament.....sigh
  • Boreas likes this

SeeThreebilbo

SeeThreebilbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts

Interesting!  Taking Scum's low edge count and warping it into an advantage?  Yes, plz.

Also, this guy's story in Tales From the Mos Eisley Cantina was decent.  Glad he gets a card.  Hope Lak Sivrak and Dice Ibegeon can get a set now.  xD

Elrathion

Elrathion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

And once again I am so glad that my enjoyment of this game does NOT depend upon playing it competitively.

I can appreciate that. However, personally I get enjoyment from a diverse meta, building exciting decks, and playing exciting games.

Playing games with a broken racket like scum or rebel atm vs the gamor/jedi, Sith Respectively, is anything but fun in my book.

Elrathion

Elrathion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Before you open your mouth, why don't you read a card...

It's only while attacking, and even if his icons are black WHILE ATTACKING, what do you think the myriad of hired hands and Yoda will do??

Kill or lock him down.

Try not to be a total ass when commenting on people thoughts, even though your probably the expert since you've never lost a game and won every tournament.....sigh

Exactly. Why on earth did they have to handicap the effect again to only when attacking? They don't handicap S&S and Jedi cards as of late.

They seem to only pull that nonsense when designing Rebel/Scum or Navy cards.

• Boreas likes this

InbredJed

InbredJed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

I can appreciate that. However, personally I get enjoyment from a diverse meta, building exciting decks, and playing exciting games.

Playing games with a broken racket like scum or rebel atm vs the gamor/jedi, Sith Respectively, is anything but fun in my book.

but, is this a problem with the game or with your opponents?  If all your opponents only play gamor/jedi and sith, that sounds like the exact thing hundreds was talking about. sounds like a bunch of people who only want to win.  If it's only a couple of players in your area, scoop and tell them good game.  You don't need to give them the satisfaction. If your only opponents are all like this, well then that is a larger issue.

SeeThreebilbo

SeeThreebilbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts

I think that's an interesting point.  My understanding is that there are usually only one or two competitive decks going on for each side, so wanting to play with and against diverse decks might mean that competitive play is not where you want to be at this stage of the game's life.

hundreds

hundreds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts

but, is this a problem with the game or with your opponents?  If all your opponents only play gamor/jedi and sith, that sounds like the exact thing hundreds was talking about. sounds like a bunch of people who only want to win.  If it's only a couple of players in your area, scoop and tell them good game.  You don't need to give them the satisfaction. If your only opponents are all like this, well then that is a larger issue.

I was literally just about to write pretty much this exact same comment. My solution to the un-funness of Jedi/Gamor (practically) auto-winning is just don't play it. Sure it was fun to play it for a couple weeks. But then when the game is so strongly skewed towards Jedi coming out on top, you get bored. It's the same reason why my meta has NEVER played Core Sith Control last season.

My meta consists of 3 people (including myself) with the VERY occasional 4th and 5th person. Against those last two, you would be bonkers to play the top deck against them. They'll just lose miserably and never play again. Within our 3-person meta, we almost always try to play games where we know what deck the other guy is running. We don't tech against it, we just play another deck that has a fighting chance. Not necessarily to win, but just to have fun.

I get it. In a competitive settings, it IS about winning. You play the best deck that there currently is. And that is boring. Which is why I don't play competitively. After a game the other day, my buddy's wife asked us who won and I said (in a rather sissy sort of way) "We both won." And the truth is, win or lose, if you have fun, you won.

It just saddens me every single time ANY pod is spoiled there are the usual suspects picking apart how awful the pod is and how it will never see the light of day in competition, and oh... the best comment so far is up a few posts... that actually complained about pods being "fun". I guess each is entitled to opinions, I just wish that the opinions weren't so limited to whether you can win a game in a sweaty comic shop and bring home a silly old play mat.

• Gamer257, Fnnrqwin, yankeefan1355 and 2 others like this

Elrathion

Elrathion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

I was literally just about to write pretty much this exact same comment. My solution to the un-funness of Jedi/Gamor (practically) auto-winning is just don't play it. Sure it was fun to play it for a couple weeks. But then when the game is so strongly skewed towards Jedi coming out on top, you get bored. It's the same reason why my meta has NEVER played Core Sith Control last season.

My meta consists of 3 people (including myself) with the VERY occasional 4th and 5th person. Against those last two, you would be bonkers to play the top deck against them. They'll just lose miserably and never play again. Within our 3-person meta, we almost always try to play games where we know what deck the other guy is running. We don't tech against it, we just play another deck that has a fighting chance. Not necessarily to win, but just to have fun.

I get it. In a competitive settings, it IS about winning. You play the best deck that there currently is. And that is boring. Which is why I don't play competitively. After a game the other day, my buddy's wife asked us who won and I said (in a rather sissy sort of way) "We both won." And the truth is, win or lose, if you have fun, you won.

It just saddens me every single time ANY pod is spoiled there are the usual suspects picking apart how awful the pod is and how it will never see the light of day in competition, and oh... the best comment so far is up a few posts... that actually complained about pods being "fun". I guess each is entitled to opinions, I just wish that the opinions weren't so limited to whether you can win a game in a sweaty comic shop and bring home a silly old play mat.

I said I appreciated your opinion. I think at the very least you shouldn't mock others who do want to win a game in a sweaty comic shop and bring in a silly play mat ;0

• mikado likes this

chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
I really hope scum gets more sets based around losing edge battles. I think it would be a fun deck type.
  • Gamer257 and GroggyGolem like this

SeeThreebilbo

SeeThreebilbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts

I said I appreciated your opinion. I think at the very least you shouldn't mock others who do want to win a game in a sweaty comic shop and bring in a silly play mat ;0

I don't think he was out to get you.  x3