Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Warhammer 40,000: Conquest Deck Builder Now Live

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

TwoShedsJackson

TwoShedsJackson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

I've exported a couple of decks now in Octgn format and in each, Khorne Berserkers do not show up in the deck when you load it in Octgn.

• Darksbane likes this

SpiritBear

SpiritBear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Before anythin else, I have a few Questions:

1. Why do the Allys in the Selection of the Deckbuilder have different Buttons? For Captain Cato the AM has a bigger grayish Button while the Tau have a white Button with rounded Corners. Does that mean anything?

2. I do have to choose an ally, right? Even if I would want to build a Mono-Faction-Deck? In that case I just choose an Ally, but don't take any cards from that faction, righit?

CommissarFeesh

CommissarFeesh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Before anythin else, I have a few Questions:

1. Why do the Allys in the Selection of the Deckbuilder have different Buttons? For Captain Cato the AM has a bigger grayish Button while the Tau have a white Button with rounded Corners. Does that mean anything?

2. I do have to choose an ally, right? Even if I would want to build a Mono-Faction-Deck? In that case I just choose an Ally, but don't take any cards from that faction, righit?

1. Mine doesn't do that o.O maybe try clearing your browser cache?

2. Yep.

SpiritBear

SpiritBear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
1. Mine doesn't do that o.O maybe try clearing your browser cache?

Helpsn't. But it still answers my question, as I assume, that it itsn't on purpose and an Effect of my Mac.

Bildschirmfoto%202014-11-10%20um%2008.05

Thanks!

Gauldoth2

Gauldoth2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Is there any chance to change the picture of Ragnar Blackmane from his bloodied state to the original one in the deckbuilder? It would be a nice update to those who does not know his ability yet.

Shunsen

Shunsen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
The same applies to: http://ffgapp.com/qr/WHK02 where I would even be happier with both states.

starkjoy

starkjoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

I cannot add decks?  :huh:

I have a saved deck in the deck builder, but when I submit, it never shows up. :(

Keigi

Keigi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Could we get an average resource cost per card added into the deck builder please?

Thanks,

-Keigi 

Khayloth

Khayloth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

I'd like to make a suggestion for the deck search. I think it would be nice to have the possibility to filter decks by Sets, in order to see decks that are built only using Core Set, or Core Set + the first Cycle.

I know this seems pretty useless right now for games like Conquest, but in some other games (Netrunner comes to my mind) it would be really nice since not everyone buys ALL the cycles as soon as they come out.

Kingsley

Kingsley

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Thanks for quickly adding The Scourge to the deckbuilder, Darksbane! :)

• Killax likes this

Asklepios

Asklepios

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 5433 posts

As a suggestion, its been noted in threads that Total Command and Average Command per Unit aren't great guides as to overall command strength of the deck.

I would suggest that the builder analyses as below.

Prior to calculations, identify Promotion as a 0 cost card that has 2 command icons for below measurements:

First, list total number of command icons, as has already been done. (A)

Second, identify and say how many cards in the deck have command icons at all, and their total resource cost (B, C)

Third, present C/A as "average resource cost per command icon". (D)

Fourth, present average number of command icons per opening hand (7 or 8 cards, for whichever warlord). (E)

Other useful numbers to know would be:

Total resource cost of deck

Average resource cost per card

Total attack strength of deck. With any attachments/events/supports that add attack, add their bonus value to this.

Total HP of deck. With any attachments/events/supports that add HP, add their bonus value to this.

Assume conditional bonuses are not met for above.

Kingsley

Kingsley

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

I love this deckbuilder normally, but OCTGN export has been broken for a while - it doesn't work with anything from the Warlord cycle. Can this be fixed soon? I'm tempted to switch over to a different deckbuilder despite my love for this one (and these forums) because of how inconvenient it is with OCTGN play.

• HoopJones likes this

laruffaj

laruffaj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

I love this deckbuilder normally, but OCTGN export has been broken for a while - it doesn't work with anything from the Warlord cycle. Can this be fixed soon? I'm tempted to switch over to a different deckbuilder despite my love for this one (and these forums) because of how inconvenient it is with OCTGN play.

Agreed. The fact that I cannot load the expansions makes this useless. Please recommend a Deckbuilder that works. Thanks.

Ladislaus

Ladislaus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

... I'm tempted to switch over to a different deckbuilder despite my love for this one (and these forums) because of how inconvenient it is with OCTGN ...

... Please recommend a Deckbuilder ...

[Presented without comment.]

http://www.conquestdb.com

http://traxischronic...t-deck-builder:

laruffaj

laruffaj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Thank you. The top one works. The bottom one does not work with my iPad.

XWing23

XWing23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Anyone know a rough ETA as to when the 'Threat Beyond' warpack will be added to the deck builder? So anxious to make a pure IG deck =D.

idub04

idub04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

A few months ago, I had gone through my experiences on other deck builders for various games and I looked for things that I felt would constitute good recommendations for this one.  Then I posted them on this thread.  Now that I come back here, I find that my post no longer exists.  

Is there anything that may have caused this?

My sensitive internet feelings have been hurt.

Kingsley

Kingsley

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Anyone know a rough ETA as to when the 'Threat Beyond' warpack will be added to the deck builder? So anxious to make a pure IG deck =D.

It's up now! :)

XWing23

XWing23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
Wahoo!

PBrennan

PBrennan

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 874 posts

A few months ago, I had gone through my experiences on other deck builders for various games and I looked for things that I felt would constitute good recommendations for this one.  Then I posted them on this thread.  Now that I come back here, I find that my post no longer exists.  

Is there anything that may have caused this?

My sensitive internet feelings have been hurt.

I can't speak for Darksbane, but I haven't moderated anything like that and I doubt he'd have deleted such. I've scrolled back and no posts have been hidden. Maybe it was posted to a different thread, or in a similar thread in a forum for another game ...? Anyway, sorry, I can't find it here.