Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cherry and Walnut wood AGoT power tokens. New designs!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Calmb4tehpwn

Calmb4tehpwn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hey, folks!

I started playing aGoT about 6 months ago, and I've fallen hard. I really love the game, and I've been swag collecting since day one. I noticed a problem, though. There's plenty of house cards, in stone and wood, resin and acrylic and crystal, but for power tokens and coins our choices are sincerely limited. There's the acrylic house tokens that have been out in the wild for a few years, but those didn't satisfy me, leaving me to contact a friend of mine who does laser cutting.

I designed these (pulling on familiar imagery) and had my buddy cut them out to see how they turned out. They are made of Cherry and Walnut and have a really good, earthy wooden smell.

Tokens come in a set of 15 (custom amounts available at request) and prices are below
Cherry: $15 for a set of 15 tokens! (Martell, targ and stark available)
Walnut: $20 for a set of 15 tokens (all houses available)

I am also very, very interested in trades, please see the second post for my wanted list and don't hesitate to send me a message if you've got a trade offer

Also, I'm happy to say that I would love to work on custom designs with you. If you have an idea, let's hear it. Price for a design will be determined by the complexity, and whether you want to own the design (meaning I can't sell other tokens for profit) or if I will.

So without building it up any more, here's the designs.

ralEC5Y.jpg

Calmb4tehpwn

Calmb4tehpwn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Availability:
Cherry -
1x Martell
2x Stark

Walnut-
All houses in stock!

Looking for:
Stone/Wooden house cards
Metal coin sets
Beric alt art (possibly other alt art cards)
Any Martell/Tully/Tyrell swag

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

The tokens look awesome!  I think the Baratheon ones look the best, although the head could maybe be just SLIGHTLY to the right to make it look a bit more centered.  The Wolf and Lion I think are the weak ones, they look rather abstract.  The lion's mane has a lot of detail, but if you didn't tell me it was a lion I'm not sure I'd recognize it.

Anyway, I might be interested in getting some tokens done for other games.  Need to think about it first and figure out what they'd be and how many.  I'll PM you later...

Calmb4tehpwn

Calmb4tehpwn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Dboeren, that's exactly how I feel about the wolf. If you didn't tell me what it was, I'm not sure I'd recognize them. Do you have any ideas on how I could improve on that? I think a full body howling wolf will be the v2 stark token, but I don't think that would work for a lion. I think the biggest challenge is that the nature of tokens is that they're round, and easily oriented in any which way, so you need a design that's easily recognizable from any orientation. An idea I've been successful in all except the two you've mentioned.

I'll have to play around with the lion. Maybe just scrap it and see what I can come up with starting from scratch.

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

I did a google search for "wolf silhouette" and it looks like there are some good possibilities out there.

The trick is finding one without any interior color so it's all just one black shape.  Some of the ones with a howling wolf head in front of a moon look pretty good.  So the moon would be the cut-out hole with the wolf head the positive wood image sticking out into it.

There's even a full-wolf in front of a moon:

http://media-cache-e...7095371fcbf.jpg

Anyway, you'll see some good ones to choose from and you'll know better than I the tolerance of your cutter for fine cuts.

Lion silhouette was not as successful, but one like this may work:

http://www.clker.com...87Lion Head.svg

You'd probably fill in the nose and eye and then make the mouth more lion-y with some teeth or whatever.  If you can do a small cut from the outside to the ear you could keep that hollow.

There were also some "lion token" looking pics like this featuring multiple cut-outs:

http://www.brandchan...09/11/nypl.jpeg

This one is really nice:

http://www.clker.com...e-lion-head.svg

Anyway, hopefully some of these will help :)

Calmb4tehpwn

Calmb4tehpwn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Dboeren,

Thanks for the links. There's definitely some good ideas there. They're not all feasible, with the fool, and some are outside of the style I'm going for, but there's definitely some inspiration here. I think I'll be able to pull something from that.

Keep An eye out in the next week or so for new designs. Maybe we'll have a vote.

Also, to note, I'll be at world's selling these as well. So if you'd like to avoid shipping costs, just pm me to hold a set and arrange for a meet at ffg!

Also, I accept chapter packs as payment.

Calmb4tehpwn

Calmb4tehpwn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Updated availability

saymekian

saymekian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Holy cow, Dboeren is on this site!  I have missed your insight on the PP forums, man! 

Also, I like the Martell ones quite a bit.

Calmb4tehpwn

Calmb4tehpwn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Martell, and the others, will be back in stock next week!
  • kizerman86 likes this

Calmb4tehpwn

Calmb4tehpwn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
V2 of my tokens will be in Walnut! Just got the first few done and they are Gorgeous!
I'll post pictures as soon as I can!
  • kizerman86 likes this

Jensen22

Jensen22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Any Pictures yet of the Walnut?

• kizerman86 likes this

Calmb4tehpwn

Calmb4tehpwn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Not quite! Still working out some design issues with the new stark tokens. Should have images up in 7-10 days.

Though, I may be able to set up a teaser pic!

Calmb4tehpwn

Calmb4tehpwn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Teaser pic!

These aren't finished, and havent had all the.pieces poked out yet.
they came out really nice, and I think they're perfect for the overall feel of game of thrones.

Walnut token sets will be $20, but if you pre-order before I have them in stock, we'll do $2 shipping to the states, $5 to canada. Once they're in stock, it'll be back to $5 in the states and $8 to can.

uODZ4lK.jpg

Calmb4tehpwn

Calmb4tehpwn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
The moment everyone has waited for.

New stark and lanni designs!
QcJ8kHa.jpg

I really liked your suggestion, dboereb, and as you can see I based the lanni design off of it. It took a ton of reworking, but I'm finally happy with it.

The stark token, on the other hahandis just my favorite damn design yet. After a two hour discussion with my wife, I decided to put a weirwood tree in there. It was a stroke of inspirstion and I am so happy with the result. That grumpy tree face makes my life complete.

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

I immediately recognized the lion of course, but it took me a second on the wolf-howling-at-scary-tree.  At first, I was trying to resolve it into a single object of some sort and utterly failing.  OH!  It's TWO things!

I kind of feel that maybe the ground level could be pushed slightly lower to show more tree, but not a big deal.  If the wolf's hind legs could be brought out a little more somehow that could be cool too so he's more clearly a wolf.  I mean, if you told me it was a seal barking at the moon I don't think I could prove you wrong based on the pic as his legs sort of blend into the tail.  Just have no idea how it might be possible to do that...

btw, don't take this as criticism as the tokens look good.  Just trying to think of how to push them even further ;)

Calmb4tehpwn

Calmb4tehpwn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
In stock items updated! Walnut tokens are in!

Also, I streamlined the first page a bit. It was a bit to get through originally.
  • kizerman86 likes this

Kennon

Kennon

Podcast Editor

• Small Council
  • 1487 posts

Hmmm... I have the opposite problem, dboeren. I'm pretty sure I know which one is supposed to be the lion by process of elimination, but no matter how hard I stare at it, my brain can't quite resolve the pattern. I think it probably has too much blank space as compared to the other designs.