Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

BtS on the boat

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
447 replies to this topic

MonteKev

MonteKev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

That's what Asteroid base is for :P

I'm kidding though, I very much agree, using all the ewok sets doesn't seem completely viable yet. They all feel like they are just support sets, what I guess makes them hard to run together.

yea I was looking into it and was very worried about blast.

and that's what my AT-AT's will be in the deck for anti-asteroid base!

I refused to let those suicide bombing fuzzballs get the best of my walkers like that BS on endor!!! ;)

• doctormungmung likes this

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

I've been thinking of adding Red Five and the Crow both as one-ofs with Ewoks just to add blast.  Both work nicely with Ewok Scouts.  Means you can't run Smuggler so Lord 3PO might end up a dead card, but every other card in his set doesn't need resource match so I'm OK with it, and he's got 2 edge pips.

But yes, ultimately the Ewoks are probably going to be better as support sets than as a deck, at least right now.  They're in the same position as Wookiees at the moment IMO--good cards, but not good enough to make a deck around the trait.

Yeah, this is how I see them to be best atm as well.  The ewoks have all these great tricks that can really cripple your opponent but then they don't have the blast to capitalize so you need to have a couple sets for dishing out the damage.

yankeefan1355

yankeefan1355

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

you could always run a tri color deck...

MonteKev

MonteKev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

So what do you guys think about an ewok deck? Will it be viable?

2x Sacrifice at endor

2x Impersonating a diety

1x Tribal support

What else fits in there? Secret of Yavin 4 maybe for protectors, twist and good ol' LS deflect.

Maybe one of the Yoda pods to help with the force stuggle and to actually have a big main unit

I retract my previous statement, as toggle showed me the viability of ewoks.

when paired with native support and asterioud base, the little fuzzballs become OBJ blast machine guns......

add in leia, deep commitment, gaurdians and you will be rolling if the cards fall right

• alduc and pantsyg like this

yankeefan1355

yankeefan1355

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

2x  MTFBWY

2x  A Hero's Journey

2x  Ties of Blood

1x  The Secret of Yavin 4

1x  The Flight of the Crow

1x  Journey to Dagobah

1x  A Deep Commitment

I've been running this deck since August.  It worked very well back then, still works well now (even with the new Erratta,) and will work well with BtS objective sets.

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2739 posts

Did you mean Secret of Yavin 4, yankeefan?  Since Flight of the Crow and Journey to Dagobah are Jedi affiliation only, it would seem risky to use Defense of Yavin 4 and potentially be locked out of Rebel Assault with that being the only rebel objective.

yankeefan1355

yankeefan1355

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Yeah, Secret of Yavin, sorry, typo error on my part but yeah mono Jedi, Guardians.

• yodaman likes this

yankeefan1355

yankeefan1355

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

I was trying to use the name of the objective sets in order  to not confuse newer players, (obviously not you, of course) instead of using the abbriveated names like:

2x Core Luke

2x Jedi Leia

2x New Yoda (although, this is going to have to change soon... :lol: [finally!])

1x Crow

1x Red 5

1x Guardians

1x Ferris

I still find this to be a good deck, though I don't look at spoiler, proxie my decks with spoilers, or playtest untlil my group hass the cards.  that will start, in Florida, anyway, on Jan 8th.  Our LGS receive their shipments on Thursdays.  I've already pre-ordered my BtS so we'll see how they work out.  Until than, even playing with some of the older sets, I don't see much that from what we already have in hand to change this up that much,   This is just refering to Mono Jedi decks.

• yodaman likes this