Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

BtS on the boat

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
447 replies to this topic

shaggscoob

shaggscoob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

It's a big blue watery road

Poseidon looks at me

TheGas

TheGas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Poseidon looks at me

Whoa-whoa-whoa

Toots

Toots

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Imperial Assault hit the seas a week before Between the Shadows. As soon as you see news of Imperial Assault hitting the shores, then it's time to start getting read for BtS!

Team covenant had a video of imperial assault so maybe you guys will have it soon. Then its just a slow wait of about 12-18 weeks til we get it in australia :D

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

Team covenant had a video of imperial assault so maybe you guys will have it soon. Then its just a slow wait of about 12-18 weeks til we get it in australia :D

I think they got one of the advanced copies that were sold.

DarkFather

DarkFather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Apparently Good Games distributors in Australia have said the 26th Nov for X-wing will be more like 4-5 Dec (GG themselves aren't expecting delivery TO THEM until the 28th). BtS isn't even in their sights as yet... Very very disappointing.

Cheers

MisterMasenko

MisterMasenko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

OMG !!!

MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1623 posts

I am quickly loosing faith about getting this before Christmas ...

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

I am quickly loosing faith about getting this before Christmas ...

I'm surprised anyone has any faith left in ffgs release windows for star wars. If it comes by the second week of December, that will be 4 months since we've seen new cards. That's borderline unacceptable.

I really don't care if these delays are because of the star wars license, they need to find a way to eliminate them.

MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1623 posts

I am okay with delays, but let the community know. I know someone who likes for everything to be a surprise, but hates to be surprised. This has led to some contention between us as I prefer to tell people what is going on early and often; not because I don't like surprises, but because transparency is an important tool in eliminating (or minimizing) frustration when things do not go as planned. Their opinion is that if it is a surprise, that is their only option - surprise. They are not disappointed when things don't go. IMO, this second option might be okay for children, but not for adults.

scwont

scwont

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

There is apparently a huge amount of congestion at the seaports on the west coast of the US, which is affecting shipments into and out of the country (via the Pacific). So that could easily be contributing to delays, and would be something FFG have no control over. 

skatepharmacy

skatepharmacy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
Congestion in LA, what?!?!? It's probably just sitting in a container on the dock... Lol

shaggscoob

shaggscoob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Congestion in LA, what?!?!? It's probably just sitting in a container on the dock... Lol

That's funny, my company is working at the port of LA right now, maybe I could sneak over and grab a couple copies ;)

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

There is apparently a huge amount of congestion at the seaports on the west coast of the US, which is affecting shipments into and out of the country (via the Pacific). So that could easily be contributing to delays, and would be something FFG have no control over.

That might have been believable except for the fact that every deluxe and every cycle has been delayed, at times, to to 6 months, so that is no longer an acceptable excuse, at least for me.

shaggscoob

shaggscoob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

If it comes by the second week of December, that will be 4 months since we've seen new cards.

Is that true? I thought the last pack came out in September?  Wouldn't that only make it 3 months?

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Is that true? I thought the last pack came out in September?  Wouldn't that only make it 3 months?

i bought the pack at gencon which was middle of august

Crouton

Crouton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

shaggscoob, on 20 Nov 2014 - 08:07 AM, said:

Is that true? I thought the last pack came out in September? Wouldn't that only make it 3 months?

It's release date was August 21.

My opinion...whatever. It'll be before Store Championship season and there'll be new decks. My only worry is the timing on Rogue Squadron. It could be like last year where almost all the packs are out by Gencon, and then there's nothing new between Gencon and Worlds. I'd love to get an announcement in January or early February for a Rebel/Navy deluxe expansion, and have it released at Gencon. Then have a wide-open meta at Worlds.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

It's release date was August 21.

My only worry is the timing on Rogue Squadron. It could be like last year where almost all the packs are out by Gencon, and then there's nothing new between Gencon and Worlds. I'd love to get an announcement in January or early February for a Rebel/Navy deluxe expansion, and have it released at Gencon. Then have a wide-open meta at Worlds.

yeah, having essentially no cards released in between the 2 largest tournaments of the year is just stupid.  ideally as you said, rogue squadron will be completed before gencon, and then the next deluxe will come out in between them, at least thats what will happen if FFG has any sense.  If they can get that right i would travel to worlds, but if its like this year i will not.

Funniest thing is that the idiots at FFG still have the first two packs in rogue squadron cycle listed as Q4 2014 release (and still in development)......so sad, no transparency, and thats why you can't ever really trust any of the data on the upcoming page.

Crouton

Crouton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Funniest thing is that the idiots at FFG still have the first two packs in rogue squadron cycle listed as Q4 2014 release (and still in development)......so sad, no transparency, and thats why you can't ever really trust any of the data on the upcoming page.

That I don't get. They even said at the "State of the LCGs" evening that they were at the printers. So why are they still listed as "in development?"

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

Rogue Squadron is at the printers as off the first week of November, so we should see that starting in January. Once BTS wasn't legal for worlds and was delayed initially I don't think it matters that it doesn't come out until December. I can understand why people are upset, the whole no new cards in 3-4 months is stupid.  This isn't anything new from FFG and I can see why people play multiple LCG because when one has a delay you can play the other that isn't being delayed, which is why I am playing Conquest now.

brimmstorm

brimmstorm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Rogue Squadron is at the printers as off the first week of November, so we should see that starting in January. Once BTS wasn't legal for worlds and was delayed initially I don't think it matters that it doesn't come out until December. I can understand why people are upset, the whole no new cards in 3-4 months is stupid.  This isn't anything new from FFG and I can see why people play multiple LCG because when one has a delay you can play the other that isn't being delayed, which is why I am playing Conquest now.

Rogue Squadron is at the printer? Their upcoming page doesn't say that. Have some top secret info on that?