Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

BtS on the boat

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
447 replies to this topic

chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

So, has anyone sent out a search party yet for that boat?  I think it may have been overtaken by pirates.

Heroes and legends spent at least 4 months "on the boat" so it's not quite time to send the search party yet :P

Crouton

Crouton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

In other news, Ready for Takeoff is now listed as being at the printers.

• chunkygorillas likes this

Dxopherj

Dxopherj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

There's a dock strike that's just coming off on all west coast docks. That's why they have so many products on the upcoming page that come out this quarter that are still on the boat. Here in Australia a lot of suppliers are having trouble getting product still because of this. This delay isn't on fantasy flight.

FFG is blaming the strike?

chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

FFG has not said anything about the strike, people just think the strike could be the cause.

chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

In other news, Ready for Takeoff is now listed as being at the printers.

That is good news! I'm still optimistic that BtS will be here by the end of December and the new cycle will start in January. That would be for an awesome store champ season.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

no, this is the ridiculous part.  A few people are claiming thats whats causing THIS delay, yet no one at FFG has ever said in an interview, article or anywhere else that is even remotely the case.  Every set, and every deluxe has been delayed by months and months, so these excuses no longer hold ANY water to me.   i can't wait to hear the next excuse as to why rogue squadron will be delayed as well.....

• yankeefan1355 likes this

yankeefan1355

yankeefan1355

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

I believe the Carpathia is on her way, though she may be a little late to do any real good...

• hundreds likes this

skatepharmacy

skatepharmacy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

no, this is the ridiculous part.  A few people are claiming thats whats causing THIS delay, yet no one at FFG has ever said in an interview, article or anywhere else that is even remotely the case.  Every set, and every deluxe has been delayed by months and months, so these excuses no longer hold ANY water to me.   i can't wait to hear the next excuse as to why rogue squadron will be delayed as well.....

But has FFG ever actually ever said anything? Ever? Isn't that the problem? At this point delays and no communication are expected. Why would any of us ever think otherwise? It would honestly be news if this wasn't the case.

Teokrata

Teokrata

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

http://community.fan...-lcg-community/

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

But has FFG ever actually ever said anything? Ever? Isn't that the problem? At this point delays and no communication are expected. Why would any of us ever think otherwise? It would honestly be news if this wasn't the case.

thats exactly my point.  EVERY single cycle and deluxe has been delayed so how can anyone sit and act like this delay is because of some strike (which i do not believe even for a second mind you).  All their star wars LCG products are delayed, they have never once issued any statements to qualm their supporters, not that it would do any good considering they ALL are late.  However, some on these boards will offer up excuses for FFG no matter what the circumstance whether its relevant or not.  I'm just tired of it.  i've played with my cards once since gencon and honestly, these droughts in cards waiting for every cycle, and every deluxe just pushes me further and further away. 

FFG needs to really take a look at their logistics and how to get this product into peoples hands in a timely, consistent manner or this will no longer be a "living" card game, it'll be a dead card game.....

shaggscoob

shaggscoob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Our company has been performing construction work at the ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles (really, the same port) and let me say that I've seen no slow down in dock work going on.  If shipping is being slowed down, it may be due to export contracts because the amount of incoming ships seems to be about the same.

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

I was doing a little research into this the "strike" the other day. The problem is that I couldnt find any up to date articles, all of the articles I did find where from early to mid november. From what I have been reading there isnt a strike going on but they suspect that the workers are intentionally working slower. They also said that a lot of boats are having to wait outside of the port because of a lot of congestion in the port and the congestion is being blamed on the workers moving at a slower pace. Granted, this was all pre thanksgiving and I am sure stores were trying to get in as much product as possible and that would make sense why the ports were congested earlier in the month.

It is also hard to get all of the facts because the articles that I have been reading seem biased against the unions and the union websites are obviously biased against the company. Also, keep in mind that I am a union worker and my opinion may be biased as well.

Bottom line is that I think the "blame the delay on the strike" argument is a bunch of BS. If this was the first delay ever in the history of FFG then I would beleive the strike theory. However, FFG has shown time and time again that they cannot or will not meet the very general deadline that they set. The fact that they miss a deadline that is a 3 month range is baffling to me. The fact that they miss that 3 month range by another 3 months is equally baffling. I know this all comes across negative but I am not trying to be negaitve or attack FFG, I am simply trying to put the facts out there.

I have told Flip many times over the past 4 months that I fully expect FFG to let me down every chance they get and to be honest they rarely fail. I will say that the 40K conquest war pack came out a lot sooner than I expected, so they didnt let me down there. However, in regards to Star Wars, I have come to expect nothing but delays and missed deadlines. I still play there games and I will continue to play their games because they make awesome games. I just wont have any hope in product coming out in a timely manner.

Seriously, once people come to this realization and accept it then life with FFG becomes a lot more bearable.

• DavFlamerock, SmokeyJ, Hida77 and 1 other like this

Gamer257

Gamer257

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

And to add insult to injury (I'm looking at you FFG - these delays DO blow)..... what do I see when I go to get cat food at my local Wal-Mart this morning?  A whole checkout line dedicated to Magic the Gathering deckbuilder starters and boosters.  I mean, the ENTIRE checkout line...gone were the candy bars and magazines....nothing but Magic cards.  

This is the first time I've seen this in my local Wal-Mart.  When did Wizards and Wal-Mart team up?  Anyway, it made me think of my beloved SWLCG and I admit I had a sinking feeling in the pit of my gut.  Magic is a decent (albeit highly expensive) game, but man, how I wish for the day that I could see SW Force Packs in the Wal-Mart checkout line.  

When will "the masses" be enlightened and come over to the Dark Side and partake in the awesomeness that is Star Wars LCG???  I am one crying out in the desolate "card gaming wilderness" that there IS a better game out there than Magic!  It just feels like the masses aren't listening and they keep throwing their money at Magic... *sigh*

For any lurkers who may be perusing these forums, Star Wars LCG IS an extremely good card game.  You owe it to yourself to find someone who has the game and give it a shot... this games creates narratives that are simply awesome!

*whew*   Okay...I'm done ranting now... sorry about that. :)

Scottie

Scottie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1968 posts
Magic has been at Walmart for a very long time.

I doubt you'll ever see an LEG product in a Walmart. At least until Magic, Yugi-oh, or Pokemon switch to an LCG model. So when hell freezes over.

romo

romo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Magic has been at Walmart for a very long time.

I doubt you'll ever see an LEG product in a Walmart. At least until Magic, Yugi-oh, or Pokemon switch to an LCG model. So when hell freezes over.

Well, Meijer (a big Midwest Walmart like chain) started selling a bunch of FFG titles, including netrunner core sets. For whatever reason they price them at 45 bucks so I have no idea why anyone would buy it there. Kinda strange but maybe FFG is actually trying to expand beyond the FLGS.

Scottie

Scottie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1968 posts
That is quite odd

shaggscoob

shaggscoob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

I was doing a little research into this the "strike" the other day. The problem is that I couldnt find any up to date articles, all of the articles I did find where from early to mid november. From what I have been reading there isnt a strike going on but they suspect that the workers are intentionally working slower. They also said that a lot of boats are having to wait outside of the port because of a lot of congestion in the port and the congestion is being blamed on the workers moving at a slower pace. Granted, this was all pre thanksgiving and I am sure stores were trying to get in as much product as possible and that would make sense why the ports were congested earlier in the month.

It is also hard to get all of the facts because the articles that I have been reading seem biased against the unions and the union websites are obviously biased against the company. Also, keep in mind that I am a union worker and my opinion may be biased as well.

As someone who does dispatching and operations management for union workers, I can agree that the last 2-3 weeks seemed like there was perhaps more traffic in and out of the port, which made my life difficult.  Although, my life may be making the port situation difficult, too, as we're performing major construction work on 3-4 different major piers (not berths, mind you, entire piers).

brimmstorm

brimmstorm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts
Shipping on the FFG upcoming page was updated today and did not include Between the Shadows :( (also no Imperial Assault)

Scottie

Scottie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1968 posts
BtS I get since there have been no rumors of a date. But IAN there has been a lot of buzz.

brimmstorm

brimmstorm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts
Yeah after they made a seperate announcement for IA's release being pushed up I would have thought it would be out by now.