Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

LCG (R) State of the Union

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

Unnamable

Unnamable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=5163

I wonder what the 'R' means? Rotation or did they mean ®?

Danigral

Danigral

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1358 posts

®egistered, as in trademarked.

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1047 posts
I don't think it will be a one size fits all approach to the LCGs.
Discussing the future of each LCG is good, especially if it puts any rumours of cthulhu's demise to rest.

I expect a limited format of core plus deluxe only to be added for official tournaments, at least at store championship level.

I also want my reprints, either as asylum packs or repackaged as deluxes.

Some official figures showing the recent growth in cthulhu would be nice.

Rotation will not be happening for cthulhu, it doesn't fit the deluxe only one faction at a time model that cthulhu has. They'd have to rotate out entire factions for that to work.

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

oh boy got me nervous :/ guess I am going to worlds earlier now I gotta be at this press conference. 

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

ah less worried their was a post about this for all the lcgs so i am curious to hear the news. 

Unnamable

Unnamable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

I'd guess you're correct. Seems somewhat arbitrary where they choose to use and not use the ®.

®egistered, as in trademarked.

There is a rumor that AGOT will see rotation and many believe Cthulhu will see rotation once the remaining factions receive their boxes. I agree that this public announcement is a step in the right direction for FFG which has a history of poor communication with the community. With that said however, if it's their intention to drag one of it's LCGs ® to the sacrificial altar they are not about to let it's fans know ahead of time. They'll never see it coming!  :ph34r:

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

I'd LOVE if CoC got a rotation it may not help but it would give the game a real chance to grow. 

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1047 posts
Maybe a draft format will be announced.
Or maybe give CoC a push like how netrunner has the chronos protocol tour.
Or an ambassador program to encourage players to induct new cultists.
An official way to play online would be nice.
A price cut would be great, and possible with cthulhu being the cheapest lcg to make.
Anything could happen.

Unnamable

Unnamable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Maybe a draft format will be announced.

- I like the sound of it!

Or maybe give CoC a push like how netrunner has the chronos protocol tour.

- Doubt that this would ever be worth the effort for an informal community that is spread so thin

Or an ambassador program to encourage players to induct new cultists.

- Meh.

An official way to play online would be nice.

- Does FFG have a history of supporting such a thing?

A price cut would be great, and possible with cthulhu being the cheapest lcg to make.

- Again, is there any precedent of this? I'm doubtful.

Anything could happen. 

- One can hope! How about a Fan-Designed expansion like what Cosmic Encounter got while we're forming a wish list. 

Those who plan to attend should prepare their questions for the Q&A!

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

give me a list a guys I would be happy to ask what i can. 

• Unnamable likes this

norwegiangeek

norwegiangeek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

There is a rumor that AGOT will see rotation

I know it's not official, but rumor also seems like the wrong word. FFG has stated that they will be making an announcement, I would assume at this press conference thing, about the future of AGoT and it's difficulty for new player growth due to the card pool size.

With that said however, if it's their intention to drag one of it's LCGs ® to the sacrificial altar they are not about to let it's fans know ahead of time. They'll never see it coming!   :ph34r:

They sort of did that with W:I however, they previewed the final deluxe box and stated the game's death in the same announcement. Which I suppose is way nicer than releasing the box, waiting a month or two, and then killing it. 

WWDrakey

WWDrakey

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 752 posts

It's a little in-between solstices for a gate opening, but I guess that just means that the Stars are right.

Now, one can only wonder what is coming through...

I for one, am quite excited. There's a whole lot of different possibilities, for several games... and will be interesting to see which of those actually pan out. 

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

i think this announcement is majority for the announcement about what they are going to do with thrones. However, I am curious if they will talk about anything about the future of CoC. 

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

Sure to be an interesting address, is anyone able to record it perhaps?

badash56

badash56

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

If team covenant is there in time, I am sure it will be recorded.

Saint7x

Saint7x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

I am wishing hard for any kind of good news for my favourite card game (and nothing too bad...............)

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1047 posts
Last year ffg said that other lcg's would be getting draft versions at the start of 2014, it never happened but I think they may announce something along those lines next week.

Star wars and conquest would be my picks.

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

I'm not sure that Conquest has enough cards yet for draft but we'll see.  Most people I know have given up on Star Wars, but I recognize that it does have some enthusiastic fans as well.

The interesting question there would be whether a Star Wars draft format would be drafting full objective sets or single cards...

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1047 posts
Someone should ask if we'll be getting more story cards.
  • Carthoris and Unnamable like this

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

It's hard to find room for them in the faction boxes, so I would expect that a new set of story cards would be part of another Venice style box, which would probably come after all the factions are done.

Edit:  Or as a print & play...