Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

LCG (R) State of the Union

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

I could ask that, that is simple enough question

• Carthoris likes this

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1047 posts
They should announce print on demand versions of all the cards with errata.

Unnamable

Unnamable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

How difficult could it be really? Instead of 2 cards of each off faction and neutrals, 1 card of each off faction and a set of spankin' new stories.

It's hard to find room for them in the faction boxes, so I would expect that a new set of story cards would be part of another Venice style box, which would probably come after all the factions are done.

Edit:  Or as a print & play...

• Carthoris likes this

Saint7x

Saint7x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

It's not that it's difficult - it's just politically tricky maneuvering on the part of FFG. I thinking the players who are loyal to the off factions would feel shortchanged.

Unnamable

Unnamable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Come on really, 'politically tricky maneuvering'? How about the whole community being shortchanged because we've been playing the same story card deck since 2011!? I suggested 1 fewer of the off-faction cards so if for instance the Hastur Box included a 10 card story deck it would possibly end up with 1 fewer Hastur card and besides the great majority of players understand, it's not about quantity but quality.

It's not that it's difficult - it's just politically tricky maneuvering on the part of FFG. I thinking the players who are loyal to the off factions would feel shortchanged.

Unnamable

Unnamable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

The huge contingent of loyal Neutral card fans would be very upset! :rolleyes: The game has always focused great emphasis upon the story phase and all the players loyal to THIS GAME have been playing with an improved yet still mediocre set of story cards since 2011. Story cards can have a great influence upon game tempo and can interact with new mechanics to help encourage or even mitigate those that have proven over or under powered. The game has gone through many changes over nearly the last 4 years and our story cards have failed to keep up. I feel getting a new set of story cards outweighs any potential danger of whining from a few players who got 1 less card for their pet faction.

• HappyDD and Carthoris like this

Saldre

Saldre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

They could just plug them into a factionless boxes instead of the neutral cards in there. If we get another factionless. 

Obtuse

Obtuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
I've heard talk about a backlog of champion designed cards. What if they printed these, along with new story cards, in a one off "champions pack?"

Now all I gotta do is get hired at FFG and we'll make this happen.

Obtuse

Obtuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

so if for instance the Hastur Box included a 10 card story deck it would possibly end up with 1 fewer Hastur card and besides the great majority of players understand, it's not about quantity but quality.

And it would be Hastur to get screwed like this, wouldn't it?
  • Carthoris and Farquhar like this

Unnamable

Unnamable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Yeah, if? Some believe that FFG will not be putting out anymore 'factionless boxes' because their plans are to rotate or kill the game after all  the factions get the deluxe treatment. This is perhaps supported by the fact that the pattern has been broken now that we've gotten 3 faction boxes in a row and Silver Twilight is now getting 5 cards per set. I believe we won't see such a box until perhaps 2016 if at all.

They could just plug them into a factionless boxes instead of the neutral cards in there. If we get another factionless. 

Saint7x

Saint7x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Well, I'd like to have a new deck of story cards too. But it seems like FFG was only keen to release them in the Asylum Packs.

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

this will be for sure a top priority question I will ask if can expect any new story cards. I haven't even played for a year yet and even I am interested in getting new ones. 

• Carthoris, Unnamable and Farquhar like this

blinovitch

blinovitch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

With all the streaming FFG's promising this year, I'm surprised they're not covering their State of the Union, too.

• Unnamable likes this

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

yea i am surprised too. I think the reason is because if it is like last year they have a table all set up for it, but still don't think be hard to just aim camera during the state of the union... but tc will record it and probably put it up quick. 

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1047 posts
I also want to know if FFG will reprint the resin domain statues.

Obtuse

Obtuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

I also want to know if FFG will reprint the resin domain statues.

Are these not in the core sets anymore? I have what seems like a ton of these via from the 3 core sets I own.

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

I don't think a faction box is an ideal place to print story cards simply because then players of every faction will be somewhat forced to buy it.  A general purpose box like Secrets of Arkham or Terror in Venice would be better, or failing that, a print on demand.

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

are people in this game really like "syndicate" player? I know there are a few for thrones that are dedicated to a house but never guess would be for this game. I guess are there people that wouldn't buy the agency box because they aren't angency player? 

Obtuse

Obtuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
Yes. Totally. I can point at two players in our local meta, one who religiously plays Shub and another who doesn't make a deck without Miskatonic. Another new player here has a fondness for Yog. We also had a guy who only purchased the ST box and tried to make working decks with it (he never really succeeded).

Myself I have favorite factions, but I play to win so will use whatever. And I just buy everything anyways.

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

hmm weird the best part about lcgs is having whole card pools so can make multiple different decks and that means can try every single faction I am never set on one faction for any game I play.