Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

worlds!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

So i am crazy excited haven't been able to focus on school or much of anything else been keep on thinking about worlds for CoC and thrones! I don't know how often be able to do updates but will when I can. last second roll call on the forums if your going to be there be nice to know who will be there that I will have to be sure to meet and put a face to the name. After putting together and trying over 6 decks I have picked my deck and sticking to it. Can't wait to see what ends up being the top deck in a post dumb yithian meta. 

• Cumber likes this

MagnusArcanis

MagnusArcanis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
55273208.jpg

Lol. I shall be there and i know of at least 4 others for sure. See yinz there!
  • mnBroncos likes this

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

oh no i hope this isn't a sign that your going to try to still break them haha (actually maybe that would be good if you did try (; )

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

I expect we'll see a pretty good variety of decks.  There may be some clumping of similar decks from people that belong to the same meta (and develop their decks together) but overall I think it's going to be very interesting to see what shows up and does well.  Wish I could be there and take a crack at it with my updated Gencon deck, but it was not to be.

With the new Cthulhu box out, maybe this will be Jim Black's year to take the trophy back for Big Green?

• Cumber likes this

Cumber

Cumber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
Have fun you guys. I wish so much I could be there!

Obtuse

Obtuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
Good luck everyone! Maybe next year I can take my talent to Minnesota and play.

Calling it now, I bet the winning deck still has Yog in it.
  • Cumber likes this

norwegiangeek

norwegiangeek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

I'm sure it'll still have Yog, but it won't be the Yithian Mill Train. 

MagnusArcanis

MagnusArcanis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
Ya. My vote for most likely to win this year... Jim Black. I can't imagine a better meta for him. If there is any year that Jim could win a 2nd world championship... this is it.

harbinger

harbinger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
If only my plans to attend had not fallen through last minute. Sorry guys! Best of luck to all of you.

Unnamable

Unnamable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Did I just see Tom Capor loose in a bad way to a newbie brandishing a mono M.U. Explorer deck in a final 4 match!? Before the match Jaffer and Damon went on for about a half hour about what a great deck builder and player Tom is! If it were not for how terrible Tom's deck seemed I'd say they put the jinx on him!  ;)

I wasn't particularly impressed by Jeremy's deck either which seemed to include 3 or 4 different factions but he did manage to win his second consecutive Cthulhu World Championship. Congrats Jeremy and to David for earning runner up in your first Cthulhu Worlds event!

Obtuse

Obtuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
I heard 20 I thought?

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts
Twenty according to FFG's Twitter.

Wilbur

Wilbur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
Congratulations Jeremy on winning Worlds with a legit three faction deck. I, for one, was impressed by that. You are one cool customer.

mic

mic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

3 faction deck winning worlds, thats impressive. congrats

badash56

badash56

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
There were 19 or 20 players this year.

Unnamable

Unnamable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Ahh, that makes more sense! Did I hallucinate the rest?

There were 19 or 20 players this year.

Obtuse

Obtuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
Tom still lost to the MU explorers deck. I watched the live stream and it looked like he got a slow start, then couldn't pull his conspiracy or a plague stone to tip things back in his favor. MU explorers aren't the best deck by a long shot, but I feel they have a very strong chance to win any game where the opponent starts a little slow.

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

so only quick update because gotta get ready for joust. Jeremy did win with a MU, Silver Twilight, Yog deck (no clue of the list)

I went 3-1 and finished 5th was really mad yesterday because i had weaker strength of schedule because I got pared down twice to lower record guy so hurt my strength of schedule my only loss was to Tom who went undefeated in swiss the rest of my matches I won 3 stories to none so sucked missing the cut however, the guy who did get fourth beat Tom which I was unable to do so he deserved that spot. 

Also, I would like to announce I was the first LCG CoC official draft winner (: we got 8 people to play yesterday after they went to the cut (so yea i won without the top four players kinda cheating haha) was a lot of fun they have dreamlands, day/night, conspercey characters and other subtypes that you can build around was a lot of fun probably will get one more in at some point. 

• Jhaelen and jasonconlon like this

MagnusArcanis

MagnusArcanis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
Thats pretty much what happened. I had a weak start and what few answers i could draw, David had a solution for em. Going into the tournament, my deck's biggest weakness was a deck like David's. Of course I saw zero of my tech that I added to address that problem... but hey. David played well and I was forced To take some gambles that, not only didn't work but back fired. Sometimes rush just wins.

I'm walking away from that table thinking that despite a non-optimal draw and my worst match-up, I was able to put myself into a position that allowed me to at least threaten to win on the following turn against an abysmal board disadvantage.

I offer my congrats to Jeremy, David, and Dan for their top performances and look forward to future events.
  • jasonconlon and skureppe like this

Unnamable

Unnamable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

It's always a danger when you prepare for other things that Rush slips in to burn you. Obviously your deck did something right to get you through the field to the top 4 at 4-0. Jeremy's build seemed more than a little risky with at least 3 different factions! Both his starting hands in the final left something to be desired for but one mistake by David at a crucial juncture opened the door wide! Welcome to Cthulhu David B!

Thats pretty much what happened. I had a weak start and what few answers i could draw, David had a solution for em.