Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

OCTGN Export in the deckbuilder

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

dcdennis

dcdennis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Hello, would it be possible to please add the OCTGN Export option in the LotR deckbuilder? I use it for aGoT and recently got into LotR and would love to build be decks here for that as well.

Darksbane

Darksbane

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3595 posts
I didn't know there was an octgn plugin for LOTR. Got a link to it?

dcdennis

dcdennis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
http://octgn.gamersj...wforum.php?f=25

dcdennis

dcdennis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
So is this something that is doable?

Darksbane

Darksbane

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3595 posts
Doable yes, easy no. I'll see what I can do but timeframe wise it will take me a while.

dcdennis

dcdennis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Anything that I could do to help speed it up? I have intermediate level programming skills and have made changes to the aGoT game def before so I am familiar with the way those files are created.

Darksbane

Darksbane

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3595 posts
If you could parse the set definition XML file and produce a CSV for each set with just the card id as the first field and the card Name as the second field that would help.

dcdennis

dcdennis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Here you go :) Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire...hldqll1j5s7a68a

Doom1502

Doom1502

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi there,
since this topic was last updated in February: Are there any news regarding a Octgn export function?
cheers, D1502

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts
The Zorbec deck Build can export directly to LackeyCCG if you wish to use that application. Also, you need to consult with the plugin maker as there are many double up cards, unlike most games there are no identifying names to separate for example Awen form one of 3 sets so far.. and more doubles coming... So a strait export can not work unless you get the plugin author and the Dark to get sync. Zorbec is keeping his compatible with lackeyccg though.

Darksbane

Darksbane

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3595 posts
Only that I'll do my best to get it in the next version.

Doom1502

Doom1502

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the infos, Dark and Tragic.

OKTarg

OKTarg

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1756 posts
Any update to this, Darksbane? If you can get it to go I'll give you a Small Council article or three in return :)

After my tests, of course.

Darksbane

Darksbane

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3595 posts
I just looked again at the OCTGN files and the problem is the GUIDS that identify each card. If I don't know those ahead of or during my data input then it becomes very difficult and time consuming. For example (and I know I don't have all the Heirs cards up either ) but there currenly isn't an updated set for Heirs on the plugin site, so even though I'm over a month late finishing the spoilers here I still wouldn't be able to accurately input the cards to export to OCTGN.

Still I promise I'll look into it when I get a chance, of course I'm terribly late on everything so take that as you will :D I still do want to rewrite the original 3 deckbuilders and after the Mage Wars deckbuilder is done beginning the rewrite will be the main things on my project list.
  • Kyuss likes this

Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I am the moderator and game developer for Lord of the Rings on OCTGN and will be happy to work alongside you on this.
There is a censored OCTGN set for Heirs of Numenor available here with the official GUIDs.
  • stormrover and Kyuss like this

ojey

ojey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
hi there ! anything new? just wanna post here to show there is one more who would love to have that octgn exporter ...

absameen

absameen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Is this still coming? Would be a great feature to have!

WasteMaLife

WasteMaLife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
zorbec deck builder exports directly to lackey