Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Podcast - Ion Control

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

J3bStu4rt

J3bStu4rt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

great start!!! keep it up!

• chunkygorillas likes this

SmokeyJ

SmokeyJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

No love, FFG. No love.

Kind of ridiculous at this point.

I feel for you, but what happens when some 10 year old kid looking for the newest SWLCG spoilers listens to RotC?  Think of the chillrens!
walk-in-on.gif

Dxopherj

Dxopherj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

I feel for you, but what happens when some 10 year old kid looking for the newest SWLCG spoilers listens to RotC?  Think of the chillrens!
walk-in-on.gif

Maybe they'll get the Charizard objective set.

SeeThreebilbo

SeeThreebilbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts

Venusaur all the way.

• Budgernaut likes this

sellout23

sellout23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Awesome can't wait for the Zekka spoiler. I've got really high hopes for this pod. Lets hope they don't ruin it with duplicate 3 cost garbage.

• Budgernaut likes this

SeeThreebilbo

SeeThreebilbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts

So, no pressure or anything, but...you may have just jinxed it.

<3

• sellout23 likes this

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Awesome can't wait for the Zekka spoiler. I've got really high hopes for this pod. Lets hope they don't ruin it with duplicate 3 cost garbage.

Lol, it's hard to get too upbeat about scum sets still. Even though we have certainly seen a few good ones, we're still getting some pretty bad ones too.

The set I'm stoked most about is prince xizor's. If he isn't a beast, then I'll quit getting excited at all for new scum sets.
  • sellout23 likes this

Budgernaut

Budgernaut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

I know what you mean. That Scum set from the Rogue Squadron cycle (Eater of Luck) did not do anything for me. Sure, it has some neat tricks, but I can't see myself putting it in any deck that I really expect to win with. That's how a lot of the Scum sets are shaping up to be.

I totally agree with Sellout on the cost issue. A lot of the early objective sets had some interesting ideas, but then put 2x of some 3-cost generic in. It's really hard for Scum to pay for those sorts of cards. Of the Scum sets from the Hoth cycle, the two I use are Jabba's Orders and Lucrative Contract. Both of these sets avoid that unsavory trend because I find it's not hard these days to get the Weequay Elites in for 2, and Twist of Fate in Lucrative Contract is nice.

...Back on topic, I'm hoping to get around to the podcast tomorrow!

AegonTargaryen

AegonTargaryen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

I know what you mean. That Scum set from the Rogue Squadron cycle (Eater of Luck) did not do anything for me. Sure, it has some neat tricks, but I can't see myself putting it in any deck that I really expect to win with. That's how a lot of the Scum sets are shaping up to be.

I totally agree with Sellout on the cost issue. A lot of the early objective sets had some interesting ideas, but then put 2x of some 3-cost generic in. It's really hard for Scum to pay for those sorts of cards. Of the Scum sets from the Hoth cycle, the two I use are Jabba's Orders and Lucrative Contract. Both of these sets avoid that unsavory trend because I find it's not hard these days to get the Weequay Elites in for 2, and Twist of Fate in Lucrative Contract is nice.

I am not sure anymore Scum has a cost issue. Toggle's "Dirty Dozen" deck he played at the Winter Kit Tournament on Worlds Weekend works very well with only 3 resources, also using 3 2-resource objectives and Payout. I have won a game with it against Smuggler Jedi without drawing any of the 3 resources. The deck is pretty good at establishing board dominance by playing more and more units, capturing key LS units and defending the prison objective with Corrupt Officials and tactics. It can take down objectives with counterattack quite efficiently, having a really decent amount of blast. Toggle won the tournament with it and I am 3-1 on OCTGN with it, all my games against Smuggler Jedi and Pure Jedi. If this deck gets access to Snoova, I have really high hopes for it.  

Budgernaut

Budgernaut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

I am not familiar with this "Dirty Dozen" deck. I've searched for it, but nothing's come up yet. Obviously with Payout it's running The Findsman's Intuition. What else?

But I don't mean to say that resources are why Scum can't win, I'm saying that's part of why some sets (like The Hunt for Han Solo and Hunt Them Down) don't see as much play. Because honestly, I believe the Kihraxz-class Assault Fighters could have been a key component to DS decks during the reign of dual Along the Gamor Run decks because they could capture the pesky Hired Hands and prevent C-3PO from recurring. But at 3-cost, they just aren't that economical, in my opinion.

Anyway, I finally got around to listening to the podcast. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to more (and not just for the spoilers). Keep up the good work!

medfreeman

medfreeman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

It's there: http://fliptheforce....dge.1096/page-3

DS "Dirty Dozen"

2x Lucrative Contract

2x The Findsman's Intuition

2x The Slave Trade

1x The Droid's Task

1x Mercenary Support

1x Trandoshan Terror

1x Jabba's Reach

1x Hive of Scum and Villainy

1x Reconaissance Mission

• Budgernaut and fliptheforce like this

LethalHobo

LethalHobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts

I feel for you, but what happens when some 10 year old kid looking for the newest SWLCG spoilers listens to RotC? Think of the chillrens!

I don't know... They seem to be alright giving Netrunner spoilers to casts and websites that also use 'adult language'. What about THOSE cyberpunk 10 year olds? THE HORROR! THE HORROR!

It'd just be nice if we got an email that flat out said, 'no', rather than no email at all.
  • HappyDD and Dxopherj like this

jjohnson111

jjohnson111

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

I don't know... They seem to be alright giving Netrunner spoilers to casts and websites that also use 'adult language'. What about THOSE cyberpunk 10 year olds? THE HORROR! THE HORROR!

It'd just be nice if we got an email that flat out said, 'no', rather than no email at all.

Not the younglings! 

https://www.youtube....h?v=hX3RvVgIpIo

• SmokeyJ likes this

hundreds

hundreds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Congrats guys. Glad to have your new podcast.

• Toqtamish likes this

SeeThreebilbo

SeeThreebilbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts

It's there: http://fliptheforce....dge.1096/page-3

DS "Dirty Dozen"

2x Lucrative Contract

2x The Findsman's Intuition

2x The Slave Trade

1x The Droid's Task

1x Mercenary Support

1x Trandoshan Terror

1x Jabba's Reach

1x Hive of Scum and Villainy

1x Reconaissance Mission

Thanks!

I love that it's Scum and is called Dirty Dozen.  Clicks.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

Who are you contacting over there ?

Karo

Karo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Really enjoy the podcast - looking forward to the next episodes!

• Toqtamish likes this

Dxopherj

Dxopherj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

We want transparency #LCGgate

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

We want transparency #LCGgate

I've been chatting with Lethal and got him in touch with FFG. #nogate. :)

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

Episode 2 now available.

https://soundcloud.c...ntrol-episode-2