Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Podcast - Ion Control

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Majestaat

Majestaat

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

Really strong set with plenty of tricks, and versatile enough to include in pretty much any deck.

Yes, the objective helps your opponent, but unit damage is arguably better in DS than LS.

Zekka needs no further comments. Amazing defender and potentially devastating (goes both ways though).

Debt Collector is a bit lackluster, but at least edge-independant and provides a Scum resource. Better than the inquisitors in Jerec's pod IMO.

Armed to the Teeth... wow, any unit can become a beasly defender with it. Even if the unit already has only unit damage, you can turn all the white icons into black ones. I really love this card.

Entangled is a very neat trick, and if you also play new Boba, you can have up to 4 of this. Crazy.

Heat of Battle is super good on DS, nuff' said.

Lack of blast and low edge count are disappointing, but make sense.

4/5.

EDIT: asdf, thanks for the spoiler and another good episode. Keep up the good work!

AegonTargaryen

AegonTargaryen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Here is All Out Brawl in all its glory:

https://www.facebook...39956707&type=1

This set seems crazy. With the objective out, Zekka himself, NewBobba, Bossk, Greedo, Wolverine, Outer Rim Space Pirates, Sand Crawler, Trandoshan Security Team and Trandoshan Hunters have enough firepower to take down the Falcon, Luke, Yoda, Obi-Wan etc. with ONE shot. Add the Heats or Armed to the Teeth and almost any Scum unit can do it, whether you win edge or not. A Galactic Scum almost becomes a mini-Yoda suddenly. Shields will now be required for the Light side to survive.

Just my first impression. We have to wait and see how it really plays out.

• J3bStu4rt likes this

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

1470166_873791352655159_4931404565098827

10801592_873791395988488_87771960389024663779_873791362655158_23322232615669762810372099_873791355988492_45040129956940110356405_873791375988490_60073772489408310402042_873791382655156_144491179792872

• scwont, yodaman and GroggyGolem like this

SeeThreebilbo

SeeThreebilbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts

Cool!

I love the illustration on Armed to the Teeth.  Zany.

Thank you!

Budgernaut

Budgernaut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
Armed to the Teeth is perfect for Bossk and Zuckuss, both of whom see frequent use in my decks. Entangled is so great for helping you get Zekka killed first. Overall, I think this is a great answer to shields. I like this set a lot more than I was expecting.

scwont

scwont

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Episode 2 now available.

https://soundcloud.c...ntrol-episode-2

There seems to be no Download link for this episode.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

There seems to be no Download link for this episode.

Fixed. Sorry forgot to select a button.
  • scwont likes this

Letux

Letux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

These cards are all really cool in 2v2 as well.

colsanders

colsanders

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
I WANT THIS DELUXE NOW!!!!
  • doctormungmung likes this

Toots

Toots

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Am I the only one assuming Armed to the teeth doesn't actually work?

A reaction ability is always used immediately after its
triggering condition has occurred and has been resolved.

Scottie

Scottie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1968 posts
The reaction is to being focused to strike. Which is the step immediately proceeding the resolve icons portion of the strike.

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts
I like Entangled being the "Force Choke" of Scum. I can see plenty of clever uses, and you get to draw a replacement card! And it's not limited to once a turn! Yes please!

Debt Collector comes out with Show of Force. I can see times when pulling him and Space Pirates from discard could set up a nice follow up after the Black Sun units are removed from the table.

From the spoiled sets, it seems like Scum are going to get a big power boost with this box. I'm so pumped.
  • chunkygorillas, GroggyGolem, medfreeman and 2 others like this

SeeThreebilbo

SeeThreebilbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts

Quick flavor question: anyone know what species the alien on the right in Armed to the Teeth might be?  It looks like that barkeep from Attack of the Clones.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Quick flavor question: anyone know what species the alien on the right in Armed to the Teeth might be?  It looks like that barkeep from Attack of the Clones.

i believe this is the race of the 4 armed guy.  This species/race was not in the original trilogy, but from the prequels.

http://starwars.wiki...m/wiki/Besalisk

Budgernaut

Budgernaut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
Choosing a Besalisk for "Armed to the Teeth" was a great direction to go. I love that he's got a blaster in each hand, blasters in his belt, and he's baring his teeth which really plays into the title of the card, in my opinion. I'm actually quite pleased to see species introduced in the prequel make it onto this game. Pong Krell from Clone Wars was pretty neat, I thought.
  • GroggyGolem likes this

NorthMaester

NorthMaester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Did I miss some interaction with the Black Sun trait being announced/spoiled? They seem to mention it a bit in the podcast...

Caal

Caal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Flip the Force spoiled the set The Hunters with Boosh and Snoova, both Black Sun, and an event that brings back every Black Sun unit from the grave until the end of the phase
  • NorthMaester likes this

Dxopherj

Dxopherj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Flip the Force spoiled the set The Hunters with Boosh and Snoova, both Black Sun, and an event that brings back every Black Sun unit from the grave until the end of the phase

Like 8 months ago when this set was coming soon.

Budgernaut

Budgernaut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Just got finished listening to episode 2. As I was listening, I thought about what I might add to the new objective set. I think Spice Visions would be really useful to get you to trigger Zekka when you want, so I might add Feeding the Pit.

• chunkygorillas likes this

Caal

Caal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
I conquer, but thought more about Nar Shadaa.
Use Spice Vision to kill Zekka during opponent's turn, play 2 Aqualish during yours, deal 8 damages (2 2-damage reactions + 2 white blast + 2 unopposed.
Not compétitive at all, but so much fun.