Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Podcast - Ion Control

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

brimmstorm

brimmstorm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts

I thought the 2v2 tourney was a lot of fun at Worlds this year(I thought it was going to be awful). Not something I would do a lot but it's nice to play from time to time.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

2 hours sounds reasonable assuming players have some experience with the format. Which at Worlds I would say is a safe assumption. 

I'd like to see FFG do some special 2v2 events during the year. 

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

Episode 4 now available here in the podcast section.

http://www.cardgamed...-episode-4-r387

Budgernaut

Budgernaut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Sweet! This morning I was just thinking to myself, "I wonder if Ion Control will have another episode soon. I like listening to those guys."

• Toqtamish and chunkygorillas like this

Majestaat

Majestaat

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

I'll listen to this full of bitterness.

As usual, thanks for great material. 

• Toqtamish likes this

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

I'll listen to this full of bitterness.

As usual, thanks for great material.

Lol why be bitter ?

Majestaat

Majestaat

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

Recent bad news, maybe? :P

That aside, been a really lame summer so far. Friends always unavailable and family went out for a vacation trip, so I'm left home on guard duty. At least it's peaceful  lol

Back on topic though, the podcast is great so far and is cheering me up, so there goes the bitterness  > >. I will admit, however, that you really make me feel like throwing all my money at Imperial Assault, even though I must not. Way too expensive here, and between LCG expansions and The Witcher boardgame, I already burnt a lot of my money. Will be my next purchase, most likely, but must save first.

chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Hey so we have our RSS feed figured out now, so we should be up on iTunes soon (just waiting on approval). Our new home for hosting can be found here http://ioncontrol.podbean.com/

and the RSS feed is here http://ioncontrol.podbean.com/feed/

Thanks for listening everyone :) It's been great hearing so much positive feedback

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
That's the exact same host that smugglers den is using that's causing all kinds of problems for a android users.

chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

That's the exact same host that smugglers den is using that's causing all kinds of problems for a android users.

It has been working fine for me. I've been using the app "podcast addict" on android, and I'm subscribe to a few casts hosted on podbean with that app with no problems at all.
Do you know what app it wasn't working on for android?

The site seemed like the best option, we can't get a proper RSS feed hosting it here and soundcloud didn't seem too great for us.

chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Episode 5 is up :) http://ioncontrol.po...trol-episode-5/

In this episode we discuss some of the preparation we have been doing for upcoming store championships. We also talk about the current state of Rebels and what they might need to become more successful, and share some our deck ideas for the Scum and Villainy faction.

Majestaat

Majestaat

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

Woot, been waiting for this.

Budgernaut

Budgernaut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

"Sometimes I get mad at myself for Twisting myself so good."

Loved that line! It's so true, too. I've felt that way before during solo games as well.

• chunkygorillas likes this

chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
Episode 6! http://ioncontrol.po...trol-episode-6/
"In this episode Matt and Jonathan talk about the recent Store Championships they attended and we go over what decks they ran, and what they faced."

Next episode we will have 1 or 2 more store champs to cover and we plan to get into some topics about the Rogue Squadron Cycle.
  • yodaman and darthbs like this

ZackyMidnight

ZackyMidnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

so i recognize Toq's voice, but which one is chunky and which one is aussi?

chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

so i recognize Toq's voice, but which one is chunky and which one is aussi?

Aussi has the Australian accent and I have the deeper voice (I've been told my voice is rather deep lol).

That's a good point though, we haven't introduced ourselves with our forums names since the first episode, next episodes I will make sure we introduce ourselves better.

O also, a good way to tell from the last episode is I'm the one who didn't have a store champs to talk about, aussi and toq did.
  • yodaman likes this

chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

New episode! Episode 7

"In this episode Dan and Jonathan go over some FFG news out of GAMA, the last of their store championships, and dive into some discussion about the brand new force pack!"

Matt could not join us this week since his home on Hoth has been getting some extreme snow storms, so because we have even more we want to talk to about with him we will be doing another podcast later this week! and it may even contain some spoilers out of the second pack "Draw Their Fire" :rolleyes:.

• someguy11 likes this

someguy11

someguy11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts
Ooh spoilers again ? I love having an active cycle.
  • chunkygorillas likes this

chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Ya, as long as nothing goes overly wrong we will hopefully have them ready for next weekend

Jackofhearts

Jackofhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
Exciting!