Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Draft: Letter to FFG

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

yankeefan1355

yankeefan1355

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Now, I remember... because they don't!

MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1623 posts

Let's not let this devolve into griping. It is important that we handle this as a discussion. I believe your opinion that they are not listening is understood and felt by others in the community.

yankeefan1355

yankeefan1355

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Heard.  I'm going to leave it up to you.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

Your post and my reply was in regards to them not reading which I know to be untrue.

Their lack of replies or posting has been part of what I have stated in my emails with them as a huge problem and a policy that should be updated.

Sithborg

Sithborg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

If so, than why don't they respond?  Why are we having this discussion?  Why has it come to this?

It's actually company policy that the don't. The X-wing designers stated this in an interview. The reasons are fairly reasonable. I don't foresee FFG changing this policy. 

tyquaius

tyquaius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

The letter expresses all of the concerns of the entire community.  These are numerous and have spawned many forum threads and multiple discussions that FFG doesn't read.

You can't really expect this to be expressed in a paragraph with bullet points... that would have little to no effect at all.  If you don't have a well written letter that spells out the A,B,C problems with this game, FFG  and the player community's issues, than what would that accomplish?  Nothing at all....

Also, btw, I don't give a Jar Jar about how "busy" the CEO of a company is... not my problem.  Don't care.  He's the CEO of a card gaming company.  Company = profit... that's why there are CO... to make a profit... that's why people start CO... to make money.

Now, if you don't want to listen to your consumers, don't care, or don't have the time to read letters, than you'll lose your consumer base (us, the gaming community) and than you can print all the cards, with all the delays, and no one will be there to buy them. 

Stop generalizing. I don't know if your letter really explains all of the concerns of the community as I still take issue with the game mechanics and is one of the reasons why I stopped playing this game in the first place.

And their profit model is already questionable to begin with; clearly they just want to make games. Your consumer base theory relies on them extinguishing a game based upon the volume of players in the community hitting zero. That's not true -- 1) People love star wars games; there isn't an alternative to fill that particular niche and not even decipher's game can fulfill that role due to lack of marketing except by WoM. 2) Call of Cthulhu numbers show an alternative production structure with a very low populated community that could be applied to this game as well.

To the OP: Good letter: My suggestion is two fold:

1) Break it into blocks using subheaders -- your letter is a wall of text that makes it very unappetizing to the eye without natural breaks, which will decrease the likelihood your message will be read with the careful concern you want it to receive. You are writing a proposal essentially.

2) I would use facts from their other games -- examining how their spoiler date and release date model works for other games. Aside from the time required to do this, since your main argument has to deal with a "attention to time issue" it would probably make it stronger if you did so with some facts with their other games as well. Only mentioning the "plugged in tour" doesn't really do a whole lot towards that end. And even if you were intending it to be, you should mention other events like Days of Fire and Ice for AGoT and Arkham Nights for the Lovecraft fandom.

Teokrata

Teokrata

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

It's actually company policy that the don't. The X-wing designers stated this in an interview. The reasons are fairly reasonable. I don't foresee FFG changing this policy. 

TRUE, FFG designers can read forums but cannot answer on them ;-)

INtheShadowplay

INtheShadowplay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Why aren't you sending this to the CEO of the Asmodee Group? FFG has terrible business practices and never addressed any of their shortcomings or ways to improve them. Asmodee Group needs to hear this, not FFG. 

• Ywingscum likes this

MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1623 posts

Why aren't you sending this to the CEO of the Asmodee Group? FFG has terrible business practices and never addressed any of their shortcomings or ways to improve them. Asmodee Group needs to hear this, not FFG.

That is an interesting thought. Also, heard on the wall of text. U am far more concerned with the info right now. There will be some formatting, as I agree it needs it.

Letux

Letux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1590 posts
I'd avoid talking to you too... :)

Scottie

Scottie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1968 posts
My expectation would be that the intent here would be to send this to more then one certain party at FFG. As to decrease the chance that it gets missed, ignored, or misconstrued by a singular party.

Not spam mind you but there are a number of people involved in areas where the issues are occurring.
  • yodaman and yankeefan1355 like this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

I wonder if there were some way that multiple people could sign off on the letter in addition to MasterJediAdam.  That way, they would know the statements are not just coming from one person. Perhaps that would make a difference.  It's harder to ignore something which has the support of multiple people.

• KennedyHawk likes this

yankeefan1355

yankeefan1355

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

I think that's a good idea Yodaman. 

I'm probably not a good name to add to the letter, however, you Kennedyhawk, Scottie, TGO, Mike1977, just to name a few would give more weight and the more top 16 players that sign off on it will make more of an impact, IMO.

darthbs

darthbs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1063 posts

I think that's a good idea Yodaman.

I'm probably not a good name to add to the letter, however, you Kennedyhawk, Scottie, TGO, Mike1977, just to name a few would give more weight and the more top 16 players that sign off on it will make more of an impact, IMO.

I'm sure there would be a few international players who would sign off on it too.
  • yankeefan1355 likes this

Majestaat

Majestaat

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1913 posts
Count me in.

MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1623 posts

So I was thinking about this idea earlier today. Maybe what I should do is Copy it to the FFG main forum and ask that people "concur" in a reply, and only do so once.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

So I was thinking about this idea earlier today. Maybe what I should do is Copy it to the FFG main forum and ask that people "concur" in a reply, and only do so once.

You are much better off emailing it than leaving it on the forums.

• yankeefan1355 likes this

MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1623 posts
I meant for the "signatures". Though, upon thinking about it, after I send it, I can let the community know, and they can chime in.
  • KennedyHawk and yankeefan1355 like this

CorporalRutland

CorporalRutland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Superbly worded. The UK community is now at 250 Members but that's after almost two years of hard work and we're still finding ourselves all isolated without other players because of the lack of promotion and chaos around releases.

I don't want to speak prematurely for the UK community, but would you like me to copy this draft to them and put it to a vote? If you're looking for signatures that's another 250 if they say yes...

MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1623 posts
Is there a main hub for UK player communication?