Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So how's S&V now?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3903 posts

Good to know!  That actually happened to my Yoda...L2FR for me :(

Just call your opponent Cheaty Face next time you play them ;)

Letux

Letux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Xizor being scum only is annoying me every time I have a new idea for him.

Letux

Letux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Then again now we get to see if Obi and Snoova will impact everyones deckbuilding.

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3903 posts

Then again now we get to see if Obi and Snoova will impact everyones deckbuilding.

I find this one of the most interesting meta questions.  If enough people play mono-affiliation decks then Snoova and Obi-Wan won't be near as effective.  But if everyone is playing mixed decks, a well timed Snoova can wreck the day (and Obi-Wan is similarly much stronger).  I do expect we'll see people start running 6/4 splits with the affiliation card matching the 6 instead of the 4.

• yodaman likes this

Toots

Toots

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

The only set with Prized Possession in it unlikely to see play is the Carbonite Transport. Scum also has the Force Resource in the most playable set compared to the others (barely edges out Sith).

So Salacious is a 2 of now? I thought people's idea on tihs set was 1 at best. Jabba has his uses but I think could be better. I like to run 2 emp, 2 mara and 2 advisor's but only one jabba and one salacious, so thats 6 pods vs 2. Then I'd rather pack sariss over random plebbs. So tell me how Scum is barely edging out sith with better resources?

RedSquadronK

RedSquadronK

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Scum is definitely good now. Just got back from an 11-man Store Championship where my friend got 2nd playing mono-Scum. The deck only lost once (in the finals) and in total only lost 4 objectives TOTAL on the entire day. Maybe he got really lucky, but I think we will very quickly see some very strong Scum decks.

• Jarratt, fliptheforce and pantsyg like this

fliptheforce

fliptheforce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Scum is definitely good now. Just got back from an 11-man Store Championship where my friend got 2nd playing mono-Scum. The deck only lost once (in the finals) and in total only lost 4 objectives TOTAL on the entire day. Maybe he got really lucky, but I think we will very quickly see some very strong Scum decks.

NM, got it.

Scottie

Scottie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1968 posts

So Salacious is a 2 of now? I thought people's idea on tihs set was 1 at best. Jabba has his uses but I think could be better. I like to run 2 emp, 2 mara and 2 advisor's but only one jabba and one salacious, so thats 6 pods vs 2. Then I'd rather pack sariss over random plebbs. So tell me how Scum is barely edging out sith with better resources?

I never said that Scum has better resources. I said that the Force Resource, Slavery Cells, barely edges the Sith version as far as playable sets go. I'm unsure where what would lead you to misconstrue that statement.

Sariss is a very weak character for her cost. If anything she weighs that set down. The no names in the Slave Trade are significantly better the the units that come in Prophetess. Even if you can't hold the Force as easily.

Majestaat

Majestaat

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

Plus, in a world full of units with 3+ force icons, Deadly Sight is a very crappy card without its objective out.

Scottie

Scottie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1968 posts
There are always someone that could use a stern look.
  • DavFlamerock, Jarratt and GroggyGolem like this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

I really agree with dbmeboy about Snoova and new Obi-Wan.  My gut tells me the LS may have to try to play around Snoova more than the DS will have to play around new Obi, but I guess decklists for tournaments where BtS is legal will probably help show what kind of impact they had on the meta.  I know I've only been able to play with the cards for a week or so, but I feel like I've both used Snoova's reaction and had it used against me more than I've used new Obi's reaction or had that played against me. Small sample size though for sure.

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

I really agree with dbmeboy about Snoova and new Obi-Wan.  My gut tells me the LS may have to try to play around Snoova more than the DS will have to play around new Obi, but I guess decklists for tournaments where BtS is legal will probably help show what kind of impact they had on the meta.  I know I've only been able to play with the cards for a week or so, but I feel like I've both used Snoova's reaction and had it used against me more than I've used new Obi's reaction or had that played against me. Small sample size though for sure.

Snoova's made an impact on every game I've played with the new S&V so far.

I still think Slave Trade is a must in any deck with capture effects. Even if you don't often win Force struggles to capture with the objective, the Zygerrian card draw machine is just so strong.  

• chunkygorillas likes this

MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1623 posts

I have managed to trigger bounty collection of bosk half a dozen times. With the new stuff it's only going to get better. New fett with mandalorian armour would be crazy but hardly ever happen.

Played old boba as a one-of last night and got armor on boba both times. Both games were lost because new jedi wer dropping 8 tactics a turn ...

• pantsyg likes this

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

Played old boba as a one-of last night and got armor on boba both times. Both games were lost because new jedi wer dropping 8 tactics a turn ...

New Jedi tactics counts are insane.  I totally locked down my friend's Scum board all game the other night, making Ewok noises the whole time!

• yankeefan1355 likes this

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

In the right deck Slimy Scheme is definitely a 2x. The objective is just so useful and you need 2 of it give you a good chance of drawing it. Luckily the rest of the set supports itself. The Gamorean healers are pretty handy. 3 cost isn't great but they can create a wall and Scum can be resource rich. 

The Slimy Scheme combo with Bossk or Snoova can control games if you get it going. Scheme can deal with the whole wall of tactics thing too by lifting a character and playing it again or using Salacious Crumb. It also has really good edge for a Scum set.

I like the combo with Feeding the Pit too. You can use the Almighty Sarlaac to refresh Scheme and you can use the Gamoreans to heal. 

Scum really needs shielding. I think the new fighters do it, but that isn't great for characters.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
Question, has anyone played around with scum deck with sith splashed for that new sith capture set? It seems like it could havery some really nice synergy with some of the scum sets like jabba's orders, tattooing crash, and slave trade, among others. Being a limit 1 does hurt it a bit but I still wonder if it'doesn't be worth running.
  • mikado likes this

Crouton

Crouton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Question, has anyone played around with scum deck with sith splashed for that new sith capture set? It seems like it could havery some really nice synergy with some of the scum sets like jabba's orders, tattooing crash, and slave trade, among others. Being a limit 1 does hurt it a bit but I still wonder if it'doesn't be worth running.

I played one game with it, and had the perfect start. I had Tat crash out, Cruel Interrogations, and the Investigation (no Luke). I captured a Yoda with the Cruel and then turn 1 I captured a Guardian with Crash, deployed Ysanne and committed her to the force. He played Yoda's Hut and an ewok I think. Turn 2, I capture a C3PO, play Imperial Intelligence Officer, saw his hand, then Get Me Solo and captured a Luke. His turn, he tried playing a Guardian (bounced with Ysanne) and then he just sat there and said "what the heck am I supposed to do with Yoda and Luke captured?"  Ysanne is really awesome, but there's only one of her in the deck. 

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

I played one game with it, and had the perfect start. I had Tat crash out, Cruel Interrogations, and the Investigation (no Luke). I captured a Yoda with the Cruel and then turn 1 I captured a Guardian with Crash, deployed Ysanne and committed her to the force. He played Yoda's Hut and an ewok I think. Turn 2, I capture a Seeds and a C3PO, play Imperial Intelligence Officer, saw his hand, then Get Me Solo and captured a Luke. His turn, he tried playing a Guardian (bounced with Ysanne) and then he just sat there and said "what the heck am I supposed to do with Yoda and Luke captured?"  Ysanne is really awesome, but there's only one of her in the deck. 

Yup, she is probably a must in any Slave Trade + Tatooine Crash set-up. I wish more of the 1x main characters were as good as her or Balance of the Force Obi-wan

brimmstorm

brimmstorm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts

It would have been really awesome if they made Isard the new Jabba instead and made it 2x. But as she stands she's really good...if you happen to draw your one copy of her.

• pantsyg likes this

mikado

mikado

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

My current Sith & Scum build is:

Sith aff

1 x Investigation

2 x Slave trade

2 x Hunters

2 x Findman's intuition

1 x Jabba's orders

1 x The hunt for han solo

1 x Trandoshan terror

- A Better Offer works with both Bossk and Snoova

- Trandoshan hunters, Weequays and Z-95s all come in 2s and support mains well.

- 4 payouts give nice resource boost

- Imperial Int. Officers + Get Me Solo!

- Boushh can be triggered by Bossk, Snoova, Zuckuss and Z95s

Only card i don't like is the Jawa trading crawler but otherwise i like the overall synergy :)

• pantsyg likes this