Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DS Trooper Decks

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

Letux

Letux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Yeah, I've wished for another Hoth Sith objective for awhile. Would make the final set choice much easier, even if the pod was bad.

Scottie

Scottie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1968 posts
You simply have to have the damage to trigger the sacrifice. The main issue is you are unlikely to put out 3 Hoth objectives. A savy opponent won't attack Hoth beyond the one damage needed to turn of the Fist, since Desolation is a thing.

I think the concept would be better suited to 2v2 where you could; have one deck be nearly all Hoth, run enough resources to actually play the Exec., gain more Battle of Hoth to force damage on your own stuff, and combo it all together with Tarkin to just evaporate objectives.

Scottie

Scottie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1968 posts
There needs to be a Sith Wampa objective.

yankeefan1355

yankeefan1355

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Thanks!  MasterJediAdam for the website link.  I'm not as good with math as most, which is why I ask the professor (yodaman) :) ;) :)

I almost forgot, thanks Noonerz as well for the link :) ;) :)

mikado

mikado

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Definitely yes to the second part, since both cards' reactions are triggered by the same event.  I'm unclear about the first, though; I lean towards the interpretation that it's 3 per card, but Force Choke and Rebel Assault have a similarly worded limits and those obviously are not per card.

(4.8) Limits

“Limit 1 per X” refers to all copies of a card, by title.
Only 1 copy of a card with the same title may be
triggered by each player during each period of X. This
type of limit tends to appear on event cards.

• pantsyg likes this

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

(4.8) Limits

“Limit 1 per X” refers to all copies of a card, by title.
Only 1 copy of a card with the same title may be
triggered by each player during each period of X. This
type of limit tends to appear on event cards.

Ah, well there you go! Makes Discipline much less punishing.  

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

In the same section on limits it says " "limit once per X" refers to that specific ability on that particular card.  Each copy of a card with such a limit may trigger its ability once per each period of X.  This type of limit tends to appear on cards that stay in play."

I asked about this in the rules section and the responses seemed to indicate the Imperial Discipline would stack.  Much in the same way if you have 2 Attack Pattern Deltas out you could trigger each 1 time per turn.  You can trigger each Imperial Discipline 3 times per phase. 

• mikado likes this

Mike1977

Mike1977

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

I don't think Hoth is the way to go here, but I could be wrong.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

In the same section on limits it says " "limit once per X" refers to that specific ability on that particular card.  Each copy of a card with such a limit may trigger its ability once per each period of X.  This type of limit tends to appear on cards that stay in play."

I asked about this in the rules section and the responses seemed to indicate the Imperial Discipline would stack.  Much in the same way if you have 2 Attack Pattern Deltas out you could trigger each 1 time per turn.  You can trigger each Imperial Discipline 3 times per phase. 

this is correct.  each imperial discipline card you have out can be activated once per turn, so if both are out, your doing 2 damage per dead trooper, 3 times per turn.  thats pretty nasty if you can get them both out.

• yodaman likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

It's really nasty to play against when your opponent gets both Imperial Disciplines out Turn 1.  That happened to me last night. :)

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

yeah because he could potentially do enough damage to his own objectives to kill 1 per turn and game in 3 turns.  I wish it had a resource on it and costed 2 but oh well, as is its pretty good in the right setting.

yankeefan1355

yankeefan1355

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Just to disagree with you Mike1977 and I don't mean anything negative at all by it because you know what you're talking about (and I'm not being sarcastic at all), but I think Hoth is a strong build to really consider because of all the BOH edge cards that help with harder edge battles, help heal your objective, Veers, The Killing Cold, and I really think that Sabotage in the Snow seems to synergize very well with Family Connections because of Forward Command Base.  It seems like a DS version of the LS Asteroid Base type of objective killing deck, and if you can manage to get both of the FCB out, they stack.  :)

Asteroid Pursuit that I saw in your deck posted looks really helpful as well. 

mikado

mikado

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

So there is a difference between 'limit once per x' and 'limit 1 per x'? Geesh. Am i the only one who finds this either counter intuitive or just badly worded? 

• yodaman likes this

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts
Trooper rush works, had it pulled on me. It relies on finding the right combo of cards to be truly devastating, but there are a couple combos built into the deck (Connections + Forward Command, Tagge + Discipline) so the odds of finding at least one are pretty good. The deck is pretty good at holding off attacks until one combo appears.

Discipline might be the single most frustrating new card. It's extremely difficult to play around.
  • mikado and yankeefan1355 like this

yankeefan1355

yankeefan1355

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

It works like Attack Pattern Delta.

mikado

mikado

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Discipline might be the single most frustrating new card. It's extremely difficult to play around.

Ok, i think i got it now... To compare with Echo Base Generator there is a certain distinction and wording in the card types: If the card is event, the limit refers to the number of times it can be played (different than 'Limited' which takes all 'limited cards into account and refers to different thing here...) 

If it is a card in play such as objective or enhancement the "Limit" refers to how many times it can be triggered and is unique for all the cards separately (Unless there is 'Limit 1 per objective deck'... which is yet another interpretation on 'Limit' rule and is completely different than Limited)

• yodaman likes this

yankeefan1355

yankeefan1355

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

I feel so bad for the LS pansyg with all those little cute Ewoks blowing up all my objectives, or all the beastly Jedi Main decks.  :P

yankeefan1355

yankeefan1355

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

So who wins in a game with Ewoks v Troopers?

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts
Didn't try it, but I'd say it depends on whether Connections is out. If yes, Troopers pretty much nullify Ewok focus tricks. If no, they have a better shot.
  • yankeefan1355 likes this

Caal

Caal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Lost to Mike1977´s Troopers this afternoon with my Ewoks.
We both had good starts, he had Family Connection, 1 Forward Command Post, 2 Espos, 1 Security Task Force and 1 Trooper Sentry turn 1. With Gamor out, I drew a 2, so he had to commit 3 units to get the Force back. So he didn't (have to).
I had 3 Ewoks and 1 Nudge to hold the Force at the end if turn 1
Then he played a Duty Officer and an Orbital... He put 2 damage on 2 objectives and destroyed Gamor.
Then I played Leia and Yoda and destroyed Family Connection.
He turned another one :-) and played a 2nd Forward. I was doomed. I could have last 1 more turn, but short 9 damage, I wouldn't have been able to turn tables.
Was my first game against new troopers and my first game with new Ewoks. Both were pretty impressive.