Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DS Trooper Decks

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

yankeefan1355

yankeefan1355

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

You have to watch out for Mike1977! 

I'm curious if he's still recording the games and posting them on Youtube?

Mike1977

Mike1977

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Lost to Mike1977´s Troopers this afternoon with my Ewoks.
We both had good starts, he had Family Connection, 1 Forward Command Post, 2 Espos, 1 Security Task Force and 1 Trooper Sentry turn 1. With Gamor out, I drew a 2, so he had to commit 3 units to get the Force back. So he didn't (have to).
I had 3 Ewoks and 1 Nudge to hold the Force at the end if turn 1
Then he played a Duty Officer and an Orbital... He put 2 damage on 2 objectives and destroyed Gamor.
Then I played Leia and Yoda and destroyed Family Connection.
He turned another one :-) and played a 2nd Forward. I was doomed. I could have last 1 more turn, but short 9 damage, I wouldn't have been able to turn tables.
Was my first game against new troopers and my first game with new Ewoks. Both were pretty impressive.

While I did win that game, you destroying my Family Connections, and me replacing it with another, a 1 change in 7, was just lucky.

Without the shields, trooper are hard. :(

Every single game I win as DS, the stars have to be perfectly aligned. :(

Mike1977

Mike1977

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

You have to watch out for Mike1977! 

I'm curious if he's still recording the games and posting them on Youtube?

I do record all my games...

But I am pretty picky in what I post...

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts
I assume you're talking about OCTGN, or do you record live games too? And if so, how?

Mike1977

Mike1977

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

I assume you're talking about OCTGN, or do you record live games too? And if so, how?

I have a cam that allows me to record real games... and I use obs for octgn games.

yankeefan1355

yankeefan1355

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

I've seen them before... a few of them against me when I first started playing like a year or so ago... I LMFAO when I look back at them now because I didn't know what I was doing back then.  :P

They we're from OCTGN... I think there's one where I played 2x Navy Vaders if it's still there.  Funny as hell!

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
I think mike only posts games he wins. I don't recall watching a single loss, which kind of makes watching all his games a little trying. I'd like to see a mix of wins/losses. Let's you analyze decisions better, and compare strategies, but maybe that's just me...

Mike1977

Mike1977

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

I think mike only posts games he wins. I don't recall watching a single loss, which kind of makes watching all his games a little trying. I'd like to see a mix of wins/losses. Let's you analyze decisions better, and compare strategies, but maybe that's just me...

I think I've only ever published 1 loss, way at the start.

Mike1977

Mike1977

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Yeah so after some significant testing... If you don't have family connections out, troopers aren't that great. :(

I've built around the shields, and if I don't have the shields, its really bad for me...

Anyone else experiencing this?

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

Yeah so after some significant testing... If you don't have family connections out, troopers aren't that great. :(

I've built around the shields, and if I don't have the shields, its really bad for me...

Anyone else experiencing this?

You don't need shields, they help.

Imperial discipline is great, tagge is great.

The problem is the same problem troopers , and ds in general, has had since uber yoda. It can't hold the force and while stopping the inevitable black tactics of jedi.

If troopers had more blaster damage, more targeting strike...more way to hold board ores we they would be better.

Thrawn will help allot ...but only time will truly tell.

troopers are better than they have ever been, but they still don't hold a candle to scum or sith

Mike1977

Mike1977

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

You don't need shields, they help.

Imperial discipline is great, tagge is great.

The problem is the same problem troopers , and ds in general, has had since uber yoda. It can't hold the force and while stopping the inevitable black tactics of jedi.

If troopers had more blaster damage, more targeting strike...more way to hold board ores we they would be better.

Thrawn will help allot ...but only time will truly tell.

troopers are better than they have ever been, but they still don't hold a candle to scum or sith

I've known this for a while, but I think I needed to hear it.

I like Imperial Navy, but its true, they can't win a force struggle, they can't win an edge battle, they can't handle tactics...

Sigh...

I did win a game today as Troopers on turn 3, but man it really is a crap shoot. :(

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

even though family connections is certainly key and clearly makes troopers pretty crazy, you still do have the trooper protectors too which helps as well.

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

I've known this for a while, but I think I needed to hear it.

I like Imperial Navy, but its true, they can't win a force struggle, they can't win an edge battle, they can't handle tactics...

Sigh...

I did win a game today as Troopers on turn 3, but man it really is a crap shoot. :(

It is really annoying..it's like they gave navy no strengths as you listed...if only they were king of unit damage and targeted strike they would be pretty viable

Boreas

Boreas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

I will try:

Navy
2x Family Connections
2x The Killing Cold
1x Shadows on the Ice
2x The General's Imperative
1x Sabotage in the Snow
2x Vader's Fist

However, we don't have BtS in Poland yet..

• st1200L likes this

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

4/6 split? Dangerous =/

Majestaat

Majestaat

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

Not half-bad with the Ice-trompers being neutral. Some risk remains though. 

yankeefan1355

yankeefan1355

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

How many games = "extensive testing?"  and than you said that you won on turn 3.  Huh?  Is that the deck with the 4 neutral objectives or did you switch them up?  If so what did you +/- to your deck?  Was it all Navy with some neutrals or was it a Navy/Sith split? 

I don't really know what you were expecting tierdal?  BtS is a Jedi/Scum expansion set. 

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

How many games = "extensive testing?"  and than you said that you won on turn 3.  Huh?  Is that the deck with the 4 neutral objectives or did you switch them up?  If so what did you +/- to your deck?  Was it all Navy with some neutrals or was it a Navy/Sith split? 

I don't really know what you were expecting tierdal?  BtS is a Jedi/Scum expansion set. 

I mean... I was expecting Navy/Rebels to be competitive after 2 years ;p And to be fair, this box did more to empower NAVY than it did ANY other faction. 

Mike1977

Mike1977

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

I made 1 change.

2x Imperial Command

2x Family Connections

2x Take Them Prisoner

1x Astroid Pursuit

1x Corperate Exploitation

1x Sabotage in the Snow

1x Reconnaissance Mission

1x Super Laser

I've probably played 10 games, and if I have family Connections out... I can win pretty easily, but without it. I can do literally nothing.

My point is, if I don't have that objective out, the deck doesn't work. And whether my opponent knows this or not, isn't relevant, because he will go for that objective first always.

Are Sith variations any different?

yankeefan1355

yankeefan1355

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

I'm going to try it out tonight, actually.  Well Sith with new Bobba Fett as well as my Trooper deck.  I'll post how it goes later.