Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

more greater good

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

http://fantasyflight...s.asp?eidn=5313

all i can say is WOW I am actually excited for the first time to play Agency. 

• WWDrakey, HomerJ and Cumber like this

Asmoridin

Asmoridin

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

As a man who primarily plays Agency... I am beyond excited about this release.  I've never run a Government deck... but hey, sounds like it'll be the perfect time!

Asmoridin

Asmoridin

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Huh, The Anderson Building is bizarre as heck.  That'll be a fun one to try to play with.

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

all those conspiracy are worth playing and trying! I'm excited to try a choke build with the have to discard a card to resource and run the twice printed i can't remember name but destroy a resource. 

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

maybe even with the pharaoh

NuFenix

NuFenix

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

The Great Work + Obsessive Inmate so that you can trigger effects constantly whilst your opponent can't seems mean yet fun :)

Lots of interesting, but strong cards!

Yipe

Yipe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

I'm excited to try a choke build with the have to discard a card to resource and run the twice printed i can't remember name but destroy a resource. 

Torch the Joint!

I'm pumped for this too, lots of fun cards for my Area 51 Mi-Go Government deck.  However, I do hope this set adds a few dimensions to Agency outside the government subtype.

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

The Great Work + Obsessive Inmate so that you can trigger effects constantly whilst your opponent can't seems mean yet fun :)

Lots of interesting, but strong cards!

feels like a lot of these cards shut down common syndicate strategies which I hate but is thematic. 

HomerJ

HomerJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Haven't looked at the cards yet, but is there a Mulder or Scully in the box?

Meh, dare to dream . . . 

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

http://www.fantasyfl...od/red-tape.png

omg missed this hidden card, so strong!! omg mono agency is probably going to be the strongest mono faction wow... 

NuFenix

NuFenix

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

feels like a lot of these cards shut down common syndicate strategies which I hate but is thematic. 

God damn po-po ruining it for the working man ;)

Usual Suspects with with Tragic Celebrity for more cards, or Keeper of the Silver Sphere for a icon heavy character, since Usual Suspects will stay in play longer.

Asmoridin

Asmoridin

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

http://www.fantasyfl...od/red-tape.png

omg missed this hidden card, so strong!! omg mono agency is probably going to be the strongest mono faction wow... 

I missed that too!  Whoo!  That's going to be REALLY annoying for some of my opponents to go against.

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

Agency has always been my least favorite faction, but this set seems to really be giving them some nice stuff!

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

also a conspiracy deck that runs a lot of one of conspiracies with cover up to search for the one that is best in the matchup... ugh i so needed this preview i needed some rejuvenation for this game really wish this would have gotten rebooted or rotation game just needs more players it is an incredible game 

NuFenix

NuFenix

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Images, for those who can't get there due to firewalls, etc:

lt-wilson-stewart.pngmilitary-attache.pngofficer-gibson.png

snowmobile.pngwarrant-officer.pnggeneral-edward-irving.png

red-tape.pngintelligence-agent.png

the-blackwood-initiative.pngthe-usual-suspects.png

the-anderson-building.pngthe-great-work.png

HomerJ

HomerJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

I absolutely love the design (so far) of this expansion, and the direction the game could go because of it.  Re-energizing the factions by revisiting the older themes, and adding playability to existing cards is going to get more people interested.  Side question:  This box seems (again, so far) really different from a design perspective.  Is there a new team on Cthulhu design?

jeermaster

jeermaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Get the hype going, boys!

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

I absolutely love the design (so far) of this expansion, and the direction the game could go because of it.  Re-energizing the factions by revisiting the older themes, and adding playability to existing cards is going to get more people interested.  Side question:  This box seems (again, so far) really different from a design perspective.  Is there a new team on Cthulhu design?

Can't remember his name right now but the main guy for Conquest works on Cthulhu with Damon I believe. He also worked on Syndicates though. 

Asmoridin

Asmoridin

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Nice!  Something new with the Polar trait as well!

Plus, it looks like a card I'll want to try out anyway.

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

Brad is the other designer.  He's been on Cthulhu for a while though.