Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Characterless Mill

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

ibell

ibell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

I've been  experimenting for a while with Decks containing only Ancient One Characters. No Characters at all is a far stricter discipline.

Eidolon [The Key and the Gate] provides a good non-Character blocker.

washme

washme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
Might take Yithian Mill to GenCon if it's that effective. ;)

Reckoner

Reckoner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Good luck at GenCon! Just a note though: fortunately, Yithian Mill is no longer legal (Yithian Scout, Interstellar Migration, Lost Oracle, Speak to the Dead, and Studying the Void are all restricted and Migration was also nerfed). Now if you mean that you are going to take the new Characterless Mill to GenCon, that is acceptable and legal. 

Panzerbjrn

Panzerbjrn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Good luck at GenCon! Just a note though: fortunately, Yithian Mill is no longer legal (Yithian Scout, Interstellar Migration, Lost Oracle, Speak to the Dead, and Studying the Void are all restricted and Migration was also nerfed). Now if you mean that you are going to take the new Characterless Mill to GenCon, that is acceptable and legal. 

The smiley made me think that he was being sarcastic/'funny'... :-D

Reckoner

Reckoner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

I thought so too, but I am terrible at reading those things and just wanted to be sure no one shows up with an illegal deck. Better safe than sorry, right?

DrThodt

DrThodt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

You are not actually completely right about that. Yeah, a bunch of stuff got restricted/nerfed, but yithian mill is still completely viable, just not quite as broken. I made a deck that does that that fares quite well. 

Obtuse

Obtuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

You are not actually completely right about that. Yeah, a bunch of stuff got restricted/nerfed, but yithian mill is still completely viable, just not quite as broken. I made a deck that does that that fares quite well.

Hmm. Trying to picture what cards you run. Lost City for sure. Probably some Cthulhu for Flooded Vault? Getting stuff into the discard is probably tricky. Hermetic Scholar? Supernal Prism? Rite of the Silver Key? Stalling the game long enough to get set up for the mill is probably tricky, and is the same problem the characterless mill has.

I may throw something together using Interstellar Migration for a casual night just to see if I can beat anyone with it.

washme

washme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Pamzerbjrn got me. I was being funny/sarcastic. I've read the tales of what the Yithian mill did to the game. I'm a brand new player, the last thing I want to do is be one of "those" people. I still haven't played a single game yet, nor do I even have a single deck put together. No worries. 

I don't like playing decks that make the game no fun.  I also play Netrunner and refuse to play the Astro-Train combo.  I don't care how powerful it is, it's annoying and it's no fun to play against.  I don't even play the NBN faction BECAUSE of the Astro-train shenanigans.