Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Make a Solo Deck without Glorfindel?

sologlorfindel

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Kennon2nd

Kennon2nd

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

I mean, Resourceful, I feel is pretty potent when you get it for the Secrecy cost. That level of resource acceleration in a non-Leadership faction is exceptionally tantalizing.

Maybe if we had a couple other threat reducing cards in factions other than Spirit? That would make it much more flexible to play Secrecy that doesn't focus there, and thus, often on Glorfindel. Maybe a hobbit based neutral?

slothgodfather

slothgodfather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2951 posts

I've love to see a hobbit/ranger neutral card that could reduce threat.   But ultimately I'd like to see better effects on high cost events with secrecy - to give us a real reason to push for consistent secrecy. 

• mnBroncos likes this

Kennon2nd

Kennon2nd

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Yeah, that would be a good overlap in Hobbit/Ranger. I can certainly see Lore getting just a touch more threat reduction as a tertiary effect while still leaving it as a main theme in Spirit.

Letux

Letux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1590 posts
Him and Sam make a really good secrecy setup. Between the leaf brooches, resourcefuls, and the fact that they can both quest AND participate in combat, you don't really feel like you are down a hero. Also between sneaks, timely aid, and tales, it is easy to do the board up with huge allies like Beorn, Boromir (so good in this), Landroval, Gildor, etc. The secrecy allies for those spheres are great as well. It's not great for every quest and can get some bad draws, but that's life out of the shire.

Nightmare588

Nightmare588

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Ive played almost exclusivly solo and i have never even looked ta that hero. which version are you refering to and why is it so good?

Personally, for me, Dwarves are where it is at. i run a 4 sphere deck with nori, ori, and dain ironfoot

Solaris

Solaris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1242 posts

Ive played almost exclusivly solo and i have never even looked ta that hero. which version are you refering to and why is it so good?

Personally, for me, Dwarves are where it is at. i run a 4 sphere deck with nori, ori, and dain ironfoot

I think this is the Glorfindel combo that people run in their secrecy decks:

bMiElFY.jpg

Nightmare588

Nightmare588

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
wow ok then, i see whats up now. thanks

Lecitadin

Lecitadin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

For those running solo dwarves decks : the new Gimli from Treason of Saruman is a beast (and gets ready when an enemy is revealed from the encounter deck)!

Nightmare588

Nightmare588

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Yep, i read that in the previews and nearly fainted.

KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1890 posts

I used to run a ranger trapping deck that worked pretty well solo. I've had a hard time running a solo deck that doesn't include hefty amounts of Spirit or Lore but they are alright. Traps let you focus on questing while your enhancements take care of the enemies but it's tricky especially with units that have no attachments as a rule :)

Olorin

Olorin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

I play two-handed most of the time but nowadays with a big card pool I can imagine large variety of decks workking solo. 

for example I had my Leadership Aragorn-Elladan-Elrohir (hunters of Imladris) deck and it worked quite fine. 

slothgodfather

slothgodfather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2951 posts

I play two-handed most of the time but nowadays with a big card pool I can imagine large variety of decks workking solo. 

for example I had my Leadership Aragorn-Elladan-Elrohir (hunters of Imladris) deck and it worked quite fine. 

Those two (Elladan, Elrohir) are fantastic for solo as they give you access to both resource generation attachments as well as the capacity to attack and defend multiple things should the enemies get a little out of control.   I can see any of the Aragorns working out well there, especially Leadership for the first turn Steward as well as gaining Spirit resource sphere from the Stone attachment.  Could make for some interesting builds.

• Kennon2nd likes this

Olorin

Olorin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Yes, exactly.

A now with secret vigil they even have threat reduction.

Erestor for "card draw".

Sword that was broken (and stone of Aragorns mother-in-law) to make them excellent questers.

I actually tried both Aragorns and with Leadership one it works better. ;)

renegadeshepherd

renegadeshepherd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

glorfindel is top tier.  but hobbits with sam, merr, and green pippin is awesome.  with that combo and the right cards I get 20 allies out in play in no time at all and the heroes are still more than able to handle themselves. 

another one I like is eowyn, Frodo, and Caldara.  I kill Caldara to bring allies into play and revive her, eowyn quest, and Frodo is the defender.  would Glorfindel be better than one of those three?  probably but I routinely beat massing at Osgiliath and harder encounters with those guys solo.

Finally a well made outlands or dwarf deck can solo pretty well. 

Nightmare588

Nightmare588

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

glorfindel is top tier. but hobbits with sam, merr, and green pippin is awesome. with that combo and the right cards I get 20 allies out in play in no time at all and the heroes are still more than able to handle themselves.

another one I like is eowyn, Frodo, and Caldara. I kill Caldara to bring allies into play and revive her, eowyn quest, and Frodo is the defender. would Glorfindel be better than one of those three? probably but I routinely beat massing at Osgiliath and harder encounters with those guys solo.

Finally a well made outlands or dwarf deck can solo pretty well.

Do you have a decklist for the hobbitses? Ive been wanting to build a deck like that for a while but ive had trouble getting started

renegadeshepherd

renegadeshepherd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

hey nightmare588, I don't have one right this moment but I can make one a little later tonight.  would you like a posting on decks section, PM, or leave another post here for you and the OP?

GKZhukov

GKZhukov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1055 posts

hey nightmare588, I don't have one right this moment but I can make one a little later tonight.  would you like a posting on decks section, PM, or leave another post here for you and the OP?

I'd also be interested in seeing this as I intend to make a Hobbit deck next, so if you wouldn't mind posting it in the deck section so I can see it to, that would be appreciated!

renegadeshepherd

renegadeshepherd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

the deck is up, simply labeled hobbits. 

Nightmare588

Nightmare588

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip