Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Your Conquest LCG card wishes

Tyranids Necrons Warlord+signature cards

• Please log in to reply
655 replies to this topic

BahnCalamari

BahnCalamari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Ghazghkull next please.

BahnCalamari

BahnCalamari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

My version of Waaagh!

Loyal Event

Cost 4
Shields 2

Combat Action: Play at the start of the combat phase. All Ork units in play gain +2 HP and +2 ATTK. A battle is fought at every planet this turn.

I love the battle at every planet event idea. That would shake up the game.

• Killax likes this

Killax

Killax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2108 posts

Ghazghkull next please.

Are you working on something or do you want me to create one?

BahnCalamari

BahnCalamari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Are you working on something or do you want me to create one?

Oh, I meant for you. You seem to have good skill for this and I wanted to see what you would do for the big Warboss.

Killax

Killax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2108 posts

Oh, I meant for you. You seem to have good skill for this and I wanted to see what you would do for the big Warboss.

Thanks! No worries, I'll start brewing! Ghazgkhull always was my favourite Warboss and will be focused heavily on the Combat as result.

I also really want to make him let Bad Dok work for some reason xD. It will be up soon!

VonWibble

VonWibble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2996 posts

Here we go at Khârn:

Name: Khârn the Betrayer
Trait: Warrior. Khorne.
Ability: Forced Reaction: After this Warlord commits deal 2 damage to a non-Warlord unit and ready it.
ATK/HP: 2/6 Bloodied: 2/5
CRD/RSC: 7-7

Type: Army (Signature)
Cost: 3
Name: Berserkers of Skallathrax
Command: 1
Trait: Warrior. Khorne. World Eater.
Ability: Action: Deal 1 damage to this unit to have it gain Mobile until the end of the phase.
ATK/HP: 3/3

Type: Event (Signature)
Name: Blood for the Bloodgod!
Shield: 1
Trait: Tactic.
Ability: Combat Action: Move up to 2 Chaos units from your HQ to target planet. Ready them.

Type: Attachment (signature)
Cost: 2
Shield: 3
Name: Gorechild
Traits: Relic. Wargear. Weapon.
Limit 1 Relic per player.
Attach to a Unique Chaos unit.
Attached unit gains Brutal.

Type: Support (signature)
Name: Throne of Skulls
Ability: Reaction: After an enemy unit is destroyed, exhaust this support to draw 1 card and gain 1 resource.

Tbh I think a combination of your ideas and mine would work best here.

Your version of Kharn is too good - its a non conditional version of Ragnar in a lot of respects, albeit not working on the enemy warlord. Getting a free shot at an enemy unit is a bit good, and usually there will be an already standing target to apply this to. Ad dthe condition the damage has to go to one of your own units (Betrayer) and it makes more sense.

I'm not sure if that signature unit actually works? Don't you have to decide on mobile movements before taking any actions in the phase? If I'm wrong there its a nice enough idea, though I'm not sure 3 for 1/3/2 mobile is necessarily good enough. I'd prefer the slightly stronger "Action: Deal 1 damage to this unit to move it to an adjacent planet". Its 1 extra potential move total and can trigger at any time. Also it takes mobile out of chaos (do they have any?) - after all you wouldn't give Eldar brutal would you?

BFTBG is insanely good - win Y'varn then get to use your Heldrake straight away! Timed right (ie after an enemy warlord exhausts) its a virtually guaranteed bloodying. I'd maybe push it down to 2 cost and lose the readying part of it?

Attachment - I made a brutal event because I thought Kharn having 5+ atk every round was simply too good. I think you can justify it but at 3 cost.

Throne of Skulls (why didn't I think of that name!) - love it.

On Mephiston, I think I prefer my warlord, and our supports are very similar in concept. Our events are both decent enough I think, same kind of idea but different mechanics to represent it. Your unit and attachment are much better thought out than mine for sure, though the attachment should not affect vehicles imo (fitting with the tabletop game).

Asmoridin

Asmoridin

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Given that Mephiston is the only Blood Angel to conquer the Red Thirst, I wonder if including that in his signature squad is really appropriate? 

Killax

Killax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2108 posts

Tbh I think a combination of your ideas and mine would work best here.

Your version of Kharn is too good - its a non conditional version of Ragnar in a lot of respects, albeit not working on the enemy warlord. Getting a free shot at an enemy unit is a bit good, and usually there will be an already standing target to apply this to. Ad dthe condition the damage has to go to one of your own units (Betrayer) and it makes more sense.

I'm not sure if that signature unit actually works? Don't you have to decide on mobile movements before taking any actions in the phase? If I'm wrong there its a nice enough idea, though I'm not sure 3 for 1/3/2 mobile is necessarily good enough. I'd prefer the slightly stronger "Action: Deal 1 damage to this unit to move it to an adjacent planet". Its 1 extra potential move total and can trigger at any time. Also it takes mobile out of chaos (do they have any?) - after all you wouldn't give Eldar brutal would you?

BFTBG is insanely good - win Y'varn then get to use your Heldrake straight away! Timed right (ie after an enemy warlord exhausts) its a virtually guaranteed bloodying. I'd maybe push it down to 2 cost and lose the readying part of it?

Attachment - I made a brutal event because I thought Kharn having 5+ atk every round was simply too good. I think you can justify it but at 3 cost.

Throne of Skulls (why didn't I think of that name!) - love it.

On Mephiston, I think I prefer my warlord, and our supports are very similar in concept. Our events are both decent enough I think, same kind of idea but different mechanics to represent it. Your unit and attachment are much better thought out than mine for sure, though the attachment should not affect vehicles imo (fitting with the tabletop game).

I think we could agree that a mix of both would lead to the most interesting concept for sure. I do have to say that the previous designs are actually from last year however.

As for Khârn being too good. For sure he can deal that damage. But in context with Chaos Fantatics and other cultists it can also force you to go haywire on them, destroying them in the process. It also means that if an opponent can play the board well enough the ability can also be used against him. 

- He still is "just" a 2/6 Warlord. Not that hard to kill.

- As for Khârn's Berserkers, there is an Action Window after the Command struggles have been dealth with but before the Combat Phase begins (between 2.6 and 2.7). Thus it would still allow you to make use of Mobile (which happens at "3.0") the Mobile keyword could be removed in any case. I could understand why it would make things easier to understand.

-  BFTBG is insanely good altough I don't think it's anything to broken. As you mentioned you could potentially get a Heldrake into combat sooner but I don't believe 3 card combo's are actually consitent enough to make this an issue (and yes imho BFTBG, Y'varn and Heldrake AND winning that specific battle is a 3 card combo, but could even be seen as a 5 card combo).

- Brutal on him might seem good but when we look at Ku'gath's banner I don't feel this is even remotely close to it. As Orks have shown is. Brutal is good but something like AoE usually is much more powerfull. It would indeed allow Khârn to chop up a Warlord, but hey, we can't nerf down Khârn now can we?!

As for Mephiston, I also really like your Warlord. In all honesty it's hard to really come up with something for him and not make it feel to akward. Cato's and Ragnar's abilities are prime examples of how hard it can actually be to come up for something for SM.

But thanks for the indepth feedback! I think this is the best thing about this topic.

Killax

Killax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2108 posts

Given that Mephiston is the only Blood Angel to conquer the Red Thirst, I wonder if including that in his signature squad is really appropriate? 

I'm not sure I understand what you mean?

- Regarding the signature Squad, they basicly are "Stalwart Ogryn" but only when ready (Like Blood Angels Veterans)

- Regarding the signature Event, Mephiston now leads Blood Angels and they still can be under the influence of the Red Thirst.

Regarding the Red Thrist, it's true that it isn't Mephiston's signature psychic attack or spell, but it's important to see the Warlord also as a patron of it's Legion. This usually means that it's abilities also reflect the nature of the Legion they come from.

When we look at Cato we see additional resources, which could also be a representation of their numbers in the Legion.

When we look at Ragnar we see damage/aggressiveness, which is a representation of the Space Wolves also.

When we look at this concept Mephiston we see a man who can do incredible ammounts of damage with an assault, which is also seen in the Blood Angels Legion.

FedericoFasullo

FedericoFasullo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1056 posts

Type: Loyal for both Eldard and Dark eldar (it would be a mess to rapresent in the card (maybe in text...?)  but It will be a lot fluffy)
Cost: 4
Name: Solitaire 
Command: 0
Trait: Harlequin
Ability:
If Solitaire is your only unit on a planet it gains 2 command icons

No Wargear Attachments
Headquarters action: exaust Solitaire to move him to a planet

ATK/HP: 4/4

99070111003_Solitaire01.jpg

• Killax likes this

Killax

Killax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2108 posts

Nice design Federico, altough I think his body would be good enough with being 4/3 aswell.

At the same time I think him being Open would actually be good enough for the LCG. I mean there are allready inconsistancies within alliences and in all honesty I don't feel that Harlequin's are ones who really don't need to be in Tau ;).

Also! Forgot the Force Weapon bit for Mephiston, I fully agree VonWibble that it would be more correct to not have that effect happening on Vechicles but I also feel that for the logic of the cardgame it wouldnt really matter.

Asmoridin

Asmoridin

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

I'm not sure I understand what you mean?

- Regarding the signature Squad, they basicly are "Stalwart Ogryn" but only when ready (Like Blood Angels Veterans)

- Regarding the signature Event, Mephiston now leads Blood Angels and they still can be under the influence of the Red Thirst.

Regarding the Red Thrist, it's true that it isn't Mephiston's signature psychic attack or spell, but it's important to see the Warlord also as a patron of it's Legion. This usually means that it's abilities also reflect the nature of the Legion they come from.

When we look at Cato we see additional resources, which could also be a representation of their numbers in the Legion.

When we look at Ragnar we see damage/aggressiveness, which is a representation of the Space Wolves also.

When we look at this concept Mephiston we see a man who can do incredible ammounts of damage with an assault, which is also seen in the Blood Angels Legion.

My assumption is that in time, we'll see more than a single warlord per Space Marine chapter, and again- I imagine that the unique signature cards for a particular warlord will be unique to that warlord (this second assumption is shakier than the first).  If that's the case, I would find Red Thirst with Mephiston (against, say, Dante) would be a waste.  It's better put with the more appropriate warlord- that's all.

If either, or both, these assumptions prove false... well, then that seems fine :).

Hodorius

Hodorius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

This is my idea for a Lysander warlord, its based around damage mitigation, not sure if its too powerful. Seems kind of to me.

+++ WARLORD TEMPLATE +++

Name: Captain Darnath Lysander

Trait: Imperial Fist

Ability: While ready, all Marine units at this planet reduce assigned damage by 1.

ATK/HP: 2/7; 2/6

CRD/RSC: 7/7

+++ ARMY TEMPLATE +++

Type: (Signature)

Name: Sentinel of Terra

Command: 1

Trait: Imperial Fist. Soldier

Ability: When the combat phase begins, this unit may either gain Ranged or AOE (1) for the first round of combat.

ATK/HP: 2/3

+++ ATTACHMENT TEMPLATE +++

Name: The Fist of Dorn

Shield: 3

Trait: 

Ability: Attach to Imperial Fist unit. Exhaust this card to give attached unit +4ATK for the next attack 

+++ SUPPORT TEMPLATE +++

Cost: 1

Name: The Pain Glove

Trait: 

Ability: Interrupt: Whilst this support is in play, any Space Marine unit may suffer 1 uncancellable damage to gain +1 ATK on their next attack. 

+++ EVENT TEMPLATE +++

Name: Bolster Defences

Shield: 1

Trait: 

Ability: Reaction: During the first round of this battle, when a Space Marine unit is assigned damage, reduce the damage taken by 1.

• VonWibble and Killax like this

VonWibble

VonWibble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2996 posts
Great first post Hodorius!

I like Lysander and the unit a lot. The only weird thing is the support - feels a bit unthematic for space marines unless I missed something in Lysander's background?

On Solitaire, the way to make him loyal to Eldar and Dark Eldar is to make him an Eldar open card, then in the rules text state "You may not include Tau units in this deck". Nice model btw!

- As for Khârn's Berserkers, there is an Action Window after the Command struggles have been dealth with but before the Combat Phase begins (between 2.6 and 2.7). Thus it would still allow you to make use of Mobile (which happens at "3.0") the Mobile keyword could be removed in any case. I could understand why it would make things easier to understand.

But if you used this action window to give them mobile you get nothing from it. The phase ends and mobile is lost (since the suggested rule was to give the benefit until the end of the phase), then the combat phase begins and mobile movement is declared?

Edit - New card suggestion for IG, trying to make Straken a bit better.

Loyal Support

Boot Camp

Cost 0

When you play this card, draw a card.

All units you control that have the conscript(s?) trait are considered to also have the soldier trait.

Hodorius

Hodorius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Great first post Hodorius!

I like Lysander and the unit a lot. The only weird thing is the support - feels a bit unthematic for space marines unless I missed something in Lysander's background?

On Solitaire, the way to make him loyal to Eldar and Dark Eldar is to make him an Eldar open card, then in the rules text state "You may not include Tau units in this deck". Nice model btw!

But if you used this action window to give them mobile you get nothing from it. The phase ends and mobile is lost (since the suggested rule was to give the benefit until the end of the phase), then the combat phase begins and mobile movement is declared?

Loyal Support

Boot Camp

Cost 0

All units you control that have the conscript(s?) trait are considered to also have the soldier trait.

Yup, it is a background thing of the Imperial Fists, its a form of device that they use for penance and stuff.

Killax

Killax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2108 posts

Loyal Support

Boot Camp

Cost 0

Exactly! Which is why I underlined the bit that it's better removed. But the idea would remain the same. Move the unit to an adjacent planet for a single damage to be paid. The idea here is that the Berserkers are constantly looking for different battles. Perhaps it could even be an effect only triggerd if an oppossing Warlord is at an adjacent planet... Have to think about that one for Khârn suggestion 2.0.

I sort of like Bootcamp (altough I would prefer another name).

In fact I like it so much I think it would also be really cool if it could interract with 0 drops.... Perhaps have an ongoing effect that 0 Costed Army units gaint +1 ATK? It would make it even more usefull in the Aggressive strategy.

My assumption is that in time, we'll see more than a single warlord per Space Marine chapter,

and again- I imagine that the unique signature cards for a particular warlord will be unique to that warlord (this second assumption is shakier than the first).  If that's the case, I would find Red Thirst with Mephiston (against, say, Dante) would be a waste.  It's better put with the more appropriate warlord- that's all.

If either, or both, these assumptions prove false... well, then that seems fine  :).

Hmm, well it would thake an incredible ammount of time before FFG would actually cover all SM Legions. In special when we factor in certain non-Legion cards that might or may not end up in the SM faction. The same is seen in the AM with Coteaz.

While I also understand your idea with Dante, the main reason I came up with Mephiston is because I could actually see him appearing as the next SM Warlord. Why? Because SM don't have a Psyker Warlord yet and each new Warlord has currently shown us a different type of Warlord aswell.

Killax

Killax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2108 posts

Also nice design Hodorius! Welcome! I also had some Lysander sketches in the FFG topic. If you'd be willing to see them. It's quite alike.

Cheers,

steinerp

steinerp

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Very simple a card with a yellow border that has the words Area of Effect (>1) written on it.  I would also accept a Tau or Dark Eldar card with that text that is non-loyal but would prefer it to be eldar.

Killax

Killax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2108 posts

Very simple a card with a yellow border that has the words Area of Effect (>1) written on it.  I would also accept a Tau or Dark Eldar card with that text that is non-loyal but would prefer it to be eldar.

Cards with yellow borders?

Pokémon?!

• FedericoFasullo likes this

steinerp

steinerp

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Fine yellow text boxes, banners, and graphic (for events) creating a psuedo frame around the card art that bleeds to the edge.  Is that better?  :)  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tyranids, Necrons, Warlord+signature cards