Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

two Questions

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

ZackyMidnight

ZackyMidnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

1. New Luke with saber attacks an objective with 2 health left unopposed. DS player has force lightning. There is no way Luke can get out of this engagement alive (no other shenanigans just based on timing), correct?

2. Deadly sight guardian of the peace who has a shield at the start of force phase. Can the droid from ferus set move the shield?

Bolder

Bolder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
Yeah, there is no way luke is getting out of that. As soon as like strikes, you can remove the focus token by discarding the lightsaber, but he'll just be forced to strike again within the same engagement. As long as the dark side plays it as soon as he can, there's no way out of it.

As for the shield/deadly sight, I'm not 100% that destroying a unit with a shield on it qualifies the shield as being removed or discarded. In the rule book page 23 destroying a unit doesn't mention anything about tokens on it and how they leave play

GreedoShotFirst

GreedoShotFirst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

It depends. 

If New Luke was attacking an open resource with a damage that was going to be used for force lightning or could flat out destroy emp web (which reduces the cost of said lightning) - yeah he is going to live...that turn. That is unless they have a holocron sitting on the table.

As for the second question, I think you would be able to move the shield as long as you had a unit to move it to as the card says "after you remove or discard a shield", but I am unsure of this. Gurus?

Bolder

Bolder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
Good call on destroying the resource. Didn't even consider that.

CataractCowboy

CataractCowboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Agree with Greedo on point 1

Point 2

If there was in fact a way to remove the shield through an action such as asteroid base or native support, you'd be able to transfer the shield, but I think you would have had to initiate the effect prior to the opponent initiating deadly sight. 

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3914 posts
I think the shield is lost. In game terms, I think it simply is returned to the supply.

ZackyMidnight

ZackyMidnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

so with the luke question, the objective has 2 damage. he strikes for 2. As the active player he can discard sabre to strike for two more killing the objective and if they were counting on that to cast lightning then it is destroyed at this moment and he is safe (for now)

GreedoShotFirst

GreedoShotFirst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

so with the luke question, the objective has 2 damage. he strikes for 2. As the active player he can discard sabre to strike for two more killing the objective and if they were counting on that to cast lightning then it is destroyed at this moment and he is safe (for now)

This is correct. He would not have the resources to pay for lightning and therefore couldn't use it unless he had enough resources still available in which case he could (with or without the use of emperor's web).